2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

10-0 CAROLINA. Tedd Ginn Jr. outrunning everybody. :D

EDIT: Holy shit, Corey Brown outran everybody that time lol! 17-0 PANTHERS. Cardinals get rekt!

EDIT2: Hey, thanks for the fumble, Palmer! :D lol this is looking like the Seahawks game now. The Panthers just better not almost blow it again or actually blow it this time.

EDIT3: 24-7 Panthers! And Carson Palmer can't quit fumbling. lol

EDIT4: Holy shit, three turnover plays in a row. o.o Panthers fumble recovery, Cam Newton throws a pick, then Carson Palmer throws a pick! But man, Palmer loves turning the ball over, it seems. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was definitely an amazing game. Disappointing but still quite remarkable

What stands out to me about it is that I don't think either team had many egregiously terrible play calls at all. Just a lot of players making some incredible plays.

And Carson Palmer continues to turn it over! That's his 4th turnover and 3rd interception. lol

And it looks like the Panthers have (sort of) stopped their second half BS. :D

I can't believe how Arizona is playing right now. This is what I get for putting up 20 bucks against the Panthers, Palmer starts throwing like an idiot.

I don't dislike the Panthers or anything and I'm psyched for Newton, I just thought Arizona was legitimately a better team and was confident they could win tonight.

I didn't expect the Cardinals to get their butts handed to them the way they are, but I felt the Panthers were the better team. :P

I don't like how people keep selling the Panthers short when they went 15-1 and beat good teams like Seattle. Cam Newton is most certainly the MVP and that defense is the best in the league not named the Broncos. They're better than people are giving them credit for. They're most certainly Super Bowl-bound at this point!

EDIT: LUKE KUECHLY PICK-SIX!! THERE'S MY MAN. :D That's his third one this season holy shit wow.

Edited by Anacybele

In general they had an easy schedule is why. AFC South was pathetic and their division was generally pretty crappy. But they're 15-1 so I don't know why they're seen as overrated, that is hard to do no matter what.

I can't believe how Arizona is playing right now. This is what I get for putting up 20 bucks against the Panthers, Palmer starts throwing like an idiot.

I don't dislike the Panthers or anything and I'm psyched for Newton, I just thought Arizona was legitimately a better team and was confident they could win tonight.

Palmer has a dislocated index finger (the one you need to spin and throw accurate passes) and Tyrann Mathieu has a torn ACL. With Mathieu in they definitely prevent some of those huge plays that Carolina's been getting on them. It's pretty ridiculous.

So I'm looking on to next year and just read something that made me laugh about free agents.

Apparently, Cordy Glenn is a "franchise left tackle" and should have the franchise tag used on him.

And this is why I say that nobody watches the Bills. Cordy Glenn is mediocre at best and a holding machine most of the time.

Carolina also now holds the record for the most points ever in an NFC Championship in the Super Bowl era, wooow. Way to go Panthers!!

And Luke Kuechly propelled them to that 49 points! I've got a crush on him, man. At least, I totally would if I met him. <3

Edited by Anacybele

Also, nobody is selling the Panthers short. Without a doubt, Panthers and Cardinals were the best two teams this year. I just thought Cardinals had it better overall, mainly because Cam's receivers not named Olsen have trouble catching a damn ball (although not tonight, apparently). Panthers have a better D, and when they actually perform well Arizona has a better offense. David Johnson will be one of the best players in the NFL over the next few years, I can't wait to see how well he does over the long run.

I can't even be mad though, the only reason I was rooting against the Panthers is because someone hyped me into putting money up. I was only moderately confident the Cardinals woulld win, and even though only slightly. If it weren't for that I would have been rooting for Carolina for sure. Cam is definitely the MVP of the season.

Ah, I see. Though when I said people selling the Panthers short, I didn't mean in this thread specifically, I meant overall. Media didn't favor them too often, they were called the UNDERDOGS going against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, etc. etc.

But SUPER BOWL!! At least one of my teams got there! :D And if the Panthers play like this next season and my Steelers stay healthy, I think my dream Super Bowl of Steelers vs Panthers can still happen too!

Although, I would kinda hate to see Peyton Manning go down with a Super Bowl loss right now, since he's probably going to retire after this. But I'm more of a Panthers fan than a Broncos one.

Edited by Anacybele

Here's a fun fact (that I probably could've shared last week, since the streak was already guaranteed to be unbroken when the Chiefs were eliminated): The last time the AFC was represented in the Super Bowl by a team that wasn't the Steelers, the Ravens, the Patriots, or Peyton Manning's Team (whether that team was the Colts or the Broncos at the time) was when the Oakland Raiders made it to Super Bowl XXXVII. Thirteen years ago.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for the Panthers this year. Kind of a shame if one of the best QBs in the last few decades ends his career with a loss (and never even matches his less-exceptional brother's ring count), but the Browns have a grudge (See here and here) against the Broncos that goes back to the late eighties.

Jedi shut up, nobody is declaring the Cardinals a joke just because of one bad loss. 13-3 and the 2-seed with the #1 scoring offense (or #2?) and a Top 5-10 defense is not something anyone's gonna care about, especially since the team they lost to is now 17-1. I mean, my team went 5-11 this year and nobody's declaring them a joke.

Some interesting trivia

- 2 #1 overall picks at QB

- there were 2 heisman winning QBs in the NFCCG. Tebow was the first Heisman QB to win a playoff game I believe, so the fact that it happened was ridiculous

- Both coaches in the Super Bowl replaced John Fox

- Peyton Manning is the only QB to take two different teams to multiple super bowls

- Peyton Manning is the only QB to have gone to a Super Bowl with four different head coaches

And a sick burn from reddit:

I hope Marcus Cannon found Von Miller for a post-game handshake. It would be really sad if he left Denver without getting his hands on Miller at least once.

And another gem from reddit:

The NFL changed the Extra Point range before the season as a long-con to fuck over the Pats.

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh joy, Us Cardinals get to be made fun of for being the joke of the NFL for yet another year.

I'm not making fun of anyone either. I was actually thinking of you a lot during that game and was like "wow, poor Jedi, man..." I honestly wish it could've been a better game for ya.

Lord Raven, there's no need to be harsh. xP Jedi's team just had a really bad game, the least you could do is try to comfort him instead of just saying shut up.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm hoping the two of us have an understanding about me saying stuff like that, considering we've actually talked about the Cardinals getting "humiliated" before.

The Drive and the Fumble. Same reason why I can't root for the NFC East to win the Superbowl unless it's against another AFC East team.

what about the eagles Edited by Lord Raven

Nah, its just the fact us Arizonans get bad rep for our Sports teams all the time, I'm kinda used to it by this point, no matter how good our team(s) actually are. No one ever takes us seriously, just saying its kinda clockwork at this point.

Ask people about last year, and all you get is the fact we got kicked out by the Wildcard and got one of the worst yardage gains in playoff history.

Edited by Jedi

Well, ask anyone and you'll see that they were down to their second string players including a third string quarterback who was previously incompetent and you can't really do anything with that. Especially since Lindley is legitimately one of the worst QBs I've ever seen play.

Oh joy, Us Cardinals get to be made fun of for being the joke of the NFL for yet another year.

At least you've made it to the playoffs this millennium. I support the only team who still hasn't done that.

Yeah, Lord Raven's right, Jedi, your team lost last year because of a bunch of injuries. Although, I can't really say what went wrong yesterday... Other than maybe Palmer's banged up finger. And Fitz was having an off-day for some reason (two drops...and that's unlike him).

I kind of know that feeling now too, because the Steelers wound up going into the divisional pretty banged up thanks to FUCKING BURFICT. They weren't as banged up as your Cardinals were, but we still lost nearly all our key offensive players and Ben's shoulder had torn ligaments (didn't stop him from throwing 300 yards against the Denver D AGAIN, but it did hinder him a little). So yeah, you're not alone here, injuries like this are so frustrating.

Btw, fun fact: Vontaze Burfict injured all three of the Steelers' top players this season. Bell, Brown, AND Ben. With at least one of those being an illegal dirty hit. And I haven't forgotten last year when he tried twisting Cam Newton and Greg Olsen's ankles. Do I have enough reason to hate this guy's guts now? Lord Raven, do you still think he's just really reckless? He got handed a suspension, ya know.

Edited by Anacybele

Denver honestly was helped greatly by being one of the healthiest teams on the league. The Patriots were arguably the most injured team this season and were still a few plays away from the Super Bowl. They set a fucking record for most starting O-line combinations and yet a tackle that they paid (starter money, no less) last year ends up costing the team the chance to repeat.