2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Time to lose some more money

chococoke's week 7 picks

Last week's record: 1-2

Brutal start, as the Ravens almost covered and made me money. Fuckin OBJ. Eagles were dominated from start to finish and that bet looks pretty terrible in hindsight. Anyway, time to climb back into the green.

Raiders (+1) @ Jaguars

I just think the Raiders are a better overall team. The Jags have looked kinda poopy up to this point. I have absolutely 0 faith in this bet, what the hell am I doing.

Chargers @ Falcons (-6.5)

Atlanta's offense looks pretty good so far this year. They should've won last week (but got reffed,) which would have given them wins in Denver and Seattle in back to back weeks. Chargers are super injured and I think their defense will have trouble making plays.

Patriots (-7) @ Steelers

Yes, I decided to bet on this game. I hope the Pats lose 42-0 now.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hope the Pats LOSE, chococoke, wut?

Speaking of which, I still think the Steelers will lose, but somehow, something tells me that they won't be as bad as people think. I feel like they'll put up a decent game, even with Landry Jones and a beat up defense. But who knows, I could just be unwittingly hoping that they won't get destroyed...

Edited by Anacybele

'Twas a joke. All indicators point to a blowout and I don't see any way the Pats don't score at least 30. Of course, back up QBs have looked like hall of famers against our defense in the past so hopefully that trend is over

Oh. xP Well, I bet those backup QBs were still better than Landry Jones regardless. I hope this guy isn't a complete idiot tomorrow, but...I'm still worried. You're right, indicators point to a blowout...

I definitely see the Pats putting a 50 burger on us, at least.

Well, one of those backup QBs was Matt Flynn, who parlayed his one big start against the Pats into a contract with the Seahawks, where he was beaten out by rookie Russell Wilson and never started again. He did throw for like 400+ yards and 6 TDs in that game that made him so much money.

I don't think Landry is any worse than Matt Flynn

Huh, wow.

But the thing is, DeAngelo Williams (he's who I call De-Lo) and Markus Wheaton are out too. Jones doesn't have much to hand the ball to now. >_> We're getting destroyed unless somehow Bell and AB can carry the team.

Edited by Anacybele

Meanwhile, I'm happy to see the Jets sticking it to the Ravens! That double fumble was hilarious. Jets fumble, a Raven recovers, HE fumbles, Jets get it back, then proceed to get a TD. lol What a way to mess up an opportunity, Ravens. :P And that drive happened because Flacco threw a pick too, btw. Mistakes, mistakes everywhere, Ravens.

Steelers getting plenty of help lately if the Jets finish this. :D

In fact, if the Ravens lose, it won't matter if the Steelers win or not later, they'll still be in first for the AFC North. lol the AFC North is just no good anymore, it seems, except for a healthy Steelers team (and that's not even the case right now...ugh).

EDIT: Thank you, Jets. :D Thank you ALL the teams that have helped us lately! I feel like the Steelers have been both really lucky and unlucky at the same time at this point. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Not to worry, Jones threw a pick to you guys and you have your TD.

Took him a little bit longer to do so than I thought though. That fumble on the first offensive play for the Pats was hilarious, but there really should've been points out of it for us... Oh well. An injured team will be an injured team.

I knew the Football gods had it out for Tennessee this week. First Oakland, now Indianapolis. The closest we were to a Lombardi was in 2000, and the Rams jacked it from us. Nashville seems to be sinning in the eyes of the Sports gods for some reason.

I knew the Football gods had it out for Tennessee this week. First Oakland, now Indianapolis. The closest we were to a Lombardi was in 2000, and the Rams jacked it from us. Nashville seems to be sinning in the eyes of the Sports gods for some reason.

Well, the closest the Jaguars got was 2000 and you all jacked it from us so not a whole lot of sympathy here :p

#1 NT

#1 RB

#1 SS (fucking dirty ass hit from Jarvis Landry)

#1/2/3 WR

That's a hell of an injury bug.

I have no sympathy for your Titans. None.

Especially because of that postseason.

Edited by Life

God damn it, we should actually be LEADING in this game, but fucking penalties. One killed a nice TD play and there were others too. Landry Jones isn't even the one taking these penalties, he's actually been pretty decent aside from the endzone pick. He's doing his job, his other guys just need to not fuck up like this. I think AB and Hey-Bey blew their routes or something at least once. There was definitely not enough chemistry there at least.

Still, I'm amazed enough that 14-0 became 14-10 at the half. The defense needs to keep it up. Pressure is forcing drops and funny Brady throws and we need more of that next half. This game is amazingly still winnable.

Also, BELL. <3 JUICE BABY.

Edited by Anacybele

Except Brown is not fine. He's limping and hasn't been able to do much since he got hurt. But yeah, I think even without Ben, this game could've easily gone up by two scores. But no, fucking penalties and poor coaching decisions killed this (why do you have Boswell try to kick a 54 yarder in THIS field? It's virtually impossible. And it was 4th and TWO. They could've made that). Landry Jones actually didn't make many mistakes, his guys just dropped passes or got penalties or blew routes. And the defense decided to suddenly stop shutting Brady down for whatever reason. They were doing so good.

This game could've been won even with Landry and no Ben. It really could have. I actually didn't think we'd get anywhere near a one point game and it was a one point game for a little while.

If we don't at least get Ben back after the bye, this season might be done...

Edited by Anacybele

The Seahawks-Cardinals game was pretty wacky. 24 yard field goal miss by the Cardinals and then a 28 yard miss by the Seahawks. Somehow the Cardinals got 443 yards of offense but only six points.

The Seahawks-Cardinals game was pretty wacky. 24 yard field goal miss by the Cardinals and then a 28 yard miss by the Seahawks. Somehow the Cardinals got 443 yards of offense but only six points.

It was the stupidest and funniest series of moments I've ever witnessed in my life of being a Cardinals fan.

Yeah, that is really wacky.

But here's something wackier: Landry Jones threw for more yards than Tom Brady. Yeah. And imagine how many more he would've had if that TD that had been wiped by a penalty and stuff had actually stuck, and if his receivers hadn't dropped a few passes. He might've thrown for twice what Brady had. That's super crazy.

I haven't heard anything on AB's injury, maybe it's actually not serious. I hope it isn't. He practically never gets hurt. The only time he did before was because of dirtyass Vontaze Burfict.

Edited by Anacybele

It's really not that surprising when you look at the game plans. Pats were letting Landry hit passes underneath all game long. Meanwhile, Blount was getting a bunch of looks in order to change things up on offense.

In fact, the Patriots have employed this "bend, don't break" style of defense for the better part of the past decade. It worked yesterday, given that Pittsburgh totaled 375 yards on offense and scored 16 points.

I don't believe you. The "bend, don't break" defense hasn't worked for us much. It worked against the Bengals, that's about it. When the defense stopped with the conservative BS and actually pressured the hell out of Brady, they managed to completely shut him down and even make him go 3 and out. Gronk wasn't even a factor until fairly late in the game. They needed to do more of that, but didn't.

And your defense hardly allowed yards after the catch. Not even AB could get away much and he's been the best at getting yards after the catch. That's what I call stopping you right there, not being conservative.

I also still think Ben would've shredded that defense anyway though, if Landry Jones could throw that many yards and almost get three TD passes instead of just one.

I also doubt Blount would've gotten as much as he did if Cam Heyward had been in that defensive lineup. He's our best lineman and pass rusher.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, I wasn't talking about the Steelers' defense. Their philosophy is much different from the Pats' scheme

I also already agreed that the Steelers win if Ben played

Doesn't really matter if Blount would've done worse with Heyward playing. I was just explaining something simple (difference in passing yards) that you thought was shocking for whatever reason

Also have you heard of game script? It basically dictates that teams winning late will run a lot to kill the clock, while teams trailing late will pass a lot to catch up. So... I fail to see your amazement at Jones throwing for more yards lol