2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it hasn't. I don't understand this BS at all.

But the Ravens D has us shut down... They can't find an answer, though it would be nice if there was more passing and Ben could actually COMPLETE said passes... Sigh.

It should be a blowout on our end, but Ben can't throw and others don't want to stop the fucking penalties.

I pray for some serious adjustments in the half. I am SO fucking TIRED of losing to this crap team.

"Crap team"... even though we've won just as many Super Bowls as you guys have since 96

We are 3-4 and you guys are 4-3, if you only have one more win than us and we're a crap team then the Steelers aren't much better.

As it stands now, given the Steelers' play in this game, we should be blowing them out, but we aren't on the grounds that our offense blows.

Game really should be 14-14 and in OT. Fucking refs and not calling roughing the punter on the Ravens.

Ben played HORRIBLE most of the game though, so this is his fault too, but still.

And of course, other fans blame only Tomlin.

Well I guess it feels better to lose by stupid mistakes+ getting jobbed by the refs rather than be completely futile.

The Ravens had kind of a sloppy game too, so yeah, that is a small comfort.

WARNING FANBOY-ISM

Melvin Gordon just ran for 180 yards, and got 70 yards out of reception for a total of 250 all-purpose yards.

He's a fucking GOAT, I am so glad we drafted him. He literally put the team on his back and carried 3 guys for like a 40 yard run.

I can't wait till he hits his prime and has the confidence to explode. I think with this game alone upped his YPC to like 5.0.

This play right here is like the re-incarnation of Marshawn Lynch. Even though they're way different runners. Video: https://youtu.be/k7hM5uAHV4s?t=3m29s

Thank you Adrian Peterson for helping mah boy. He's a whole different runner from last season.

Gordon could definitely be one of the best runningbacks in the near future.

Edited by Jiegg

Were we watching the same game, Raven? The guy who "blocked" the punt clearly shoved Jordan Berry to the turf and you're NOT allowed to touch the kicker on a punt! This wasn't the main reason we lost though, the main thing that caused that was Ben's bum playing and the penalties.

And to add to what we were saying earlier about injuries, we lost more guys to injury than you did. Ben, DeAngelo, Heyward, Shazier, Eli Rogers, Markus Wheaton, Bud Dupree, Sammie Coates (he still mostly played, but his left hand still gave him a lot of trouble and might still be giving him trouble), Robert Golden, and now Heyward-Bey is hurt too. All these guys are key starters. Not to mention your Ravens kept blowing leads and losing at the last second. The Steelers at least have had a couple blowout victories.

I'm tired of Steelers fans blaming Tomlin for everything. Yes Tomlin could make better coaching decisions sometimes (I do partly blame him for the Patriots game) and losing to below .500 teams repeatedly is stupid. But he didn't make Ben play poorly today and he was pretty pissed at the penalty count. I saw him yelling and screaming on the sideline. He didn't tell these guys to fuck up like that. This is why I rarely post on the Steelers Facebook page tho.

Edited by Anacybele

Were we watching the same game, Raven? The guy who "blocked" the punt clearly shoved Jordan Berry to the turf and you're NOT allowed to touch the kicker on a punt! This wasn't the main reason we lost though, the main thing that caused that was Ben's bum playing and the penalties.

In gridiron football, roughing the kicker is an action in which a defender, having missed an attempt to block a kick, tackles the kicker or otherwise runs into the kicker in a way that might injure the kicker or his vulnerable extended kicking leg.

You have to get the kick off for it to be roughing. It was blocked. It's not roughing the punter.

And to add to what we were saying earlier about injuries, we lost more guys to injury than you did. Ben, DeAngelo, Heyward, Shazier, Eli Rogers, Markus Wheaton, Bud Dupree, Sammie Coates (he still mostly played, but his left hand still gave him a lot of trouble and might still be giving him trouble), Robert Golden, and now Heyward-Bey is hurt too. All these guys are key starters. Not to mention your Ravens kept blowing leads and losing at the last second. The Steelers at least have had a couple blowout victories.

Yeah... we kind of had a 4 game losing skid because of the guys we lost. They were back for this game. Congrats on scoring 14 points while we were in prevent defense. You said prevent defense was useless but we really milked the shit out of that clock despite letting up two touchdowns.

Exactly, you let up two TDs in a matter of minutes. That's not preventing anything except a shutout or blowout for you.

And Berry did get the kick off. Barely, but he did. Because otherwise how could it even be called a blocked punt if the punt didn't actually happen? If you watch the replay, you'll notice he kicked it, then seconds later your guy blocked it, and then shoved him to the ground. That still counts as roughing the punter. The refs gave you free points.

And all the guys I mentioned save for Dupree and Wheaton came back today as well. We should have been able to blow out the Ravens. But no, Ben had to be super rusty or something. I bet Tomlin thought the same thing I did, that Ben would be fine because the knee injury wasn't as bad as the one last year.

Edited by Anacybele

Exactly, you let up two TDs in a matter of minutes. That's not preventing anything except a shutout or blowout for you.

But it didn't prevent a win, that's why it's called a "prevent defense"... You guys took 5 and a half minutes for the first TD in the first quarter. You guys took a minute and a half for the second one, because by that point, the game was basically over and you guys had no timeouts left. If the game were closer, we wouldn't play conservatively. As it stood, we played conservatively because we prevented a loss, which is ultimately what matters.

And Berry did get the kick off. Barely, but he did. Because otherwise how could it even be called a blocked punt if the punt didn't actually happen? If you watch the replay, you'll notice he kicked it, then seconds later your guy blocked it, and then shoved him to the ground. That still counts as roughing the punter. The refs gave you free points.

Shut up.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/kicksfromscrimmage

A member of the receiving team may not run into or rough a kicker who kicks from behind his line unless contact is:

(a) Incidental to and after he had touched ball in flight.

(b) Caused by kickers own motions.

© Occurs during a quick kick, or a kick made after a run behind the line, or after kicker recovers a loose ball on the ground. Ball is loose when kicker muffs snap or snap hits ground.

(d) Defender is blocked into kicker.

You're describing the situation in a. This is legal. He touched the ball in flight and he hit the kicking foot. Roughing penalties are on the plant foot.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016110601/2016/REG9/steelers@ravens#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000734481&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay <- click around here to find it

Stop being so salty. The Steelers didn't score until the Ravens played super conservative on offense and defense to secure the win. They didn't give a shit about the points they gave up. It wasn't a one score game until there were 48 seconds left. The Steelers couldn't stop committing penalties and they converted exactly 2 third downs in the first half after going down 10-0, with 69 yards of offense. Stop blaming the refs for a team playing like shit and another team playing conservatively to win. And it ended with the most pathetic onside kick attempt I've seen in a while.

And all the guys I mentioned save for Dupree and Wheaton came back today as well. We should have been able to blow out the Ravens. But no, Ben had to be super rusty or something. I bet Tomlin thought the same thing I did, that Ben would be fine because the knee injury wasn't as bad as the one last year.

Then congrats, your team came in completely flat and unable to do anything.

EDIT: Ravens defense is top 10 by the way. Our offense is bottom 10. Don't get that confused with a trash team; we won a super bowl in 2000 because of a legendary defense and a "legendary" offense that didn't score a single TD in October of 2000.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah. Browns are dead. Bengals have just been looking badly coached. Steelers are even more up and down than usual and fucked by injuries. Ravens have an entire offense that basically didn't practice until the season started, and their pass rush is weak.

Meanwhile in the AFC West.

EVERYONE IS A CONTENDER.

Iirc I read somewhere the Broncos could finish 13-3 and everyone finish 11-5 in the division and the Chargers would still can not make the playoffs.

However, since the Broncos lost, let's hope they fall and we get in through wild card ;).

Edited by Jiegg