2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

And yeah, what Lord Raven said. Ravens would get the tie-breaker because they beat the Steelers. The Steelers would have to win the second match-up to truly even it out.

I'm actually a bit more pissed at the refs than the defense (but still pretty pissed at the D). Three calls that should've been made for AB alone weren't (there was a facemask and two PIs that he and Ben wanted flags for and didn't get. The commentators even pointed out that the Cowboys got away with this), and there was that bullshit illegal contact called on William Gay. Those calls that didn't happen for AB screwed us out of a TD, maybe two.

The defense had no business just letting Elliott run around untouched at the end, but this was just major bullshit. The defense likely wouldn't have been in the position they were in at that point if it wasn't for the bad calls and no-calls.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Tennessee is 500 as of right now. even if they go on to lose the rest of the season, they've won more games this year than they did during the Ken Whisenhunt era. Not that it's an accomplishment, but they're trying.

Meanwhile, the Packers are crashing and burning, and the only reason they even make the NFC Playoffs is because the rest of the division is garbage.

You know it's bad in Wisconsin when people are saying the Bucks, the BUCKS of all teams are the best professional team in Wisconsin.

Holy shit Panthers.

The end of that first half was WHOA! They block the FG, and Luke Kuechly <3 returns it to the endzone, but it's taken back by a penalty (which is bullshit, imo, the foul occurred WELL away from Kuechly and it not being committed wouldn't have changed anything. The commentators even pointed this out), then Cam Newton throws a bomb to Ted Ginn Jr. who makes one of the most amazing TD grabs I've ever seen! So it's thanks to a bullshit call that an amazing play happened. lol

Also, the Steelers play on Thanksgiving, yayz! Though every time I've seen them play on Thanksgiving, they lose... But at the same time, their opponent is the Colts, who they've stomped all over the last couple seasons. One of these little streaks is gonna end. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Looks like Kuechly suffered another concussion. With his history of head injuries, this could easily be a multi-week injury.

Also thank das lord for thanksgiving. Football all day, followed by the first Sunday I've had off of work in 2 months. I'm about to BINGE some football, people.

I saw, and I've been nearly in tears because Kuechly was in tears himself. ;_; He looked like not just his season would be over, but his career too! But head injuries don't end a player's career...do they?

Concussions aren't cut and dry like most other "standard" injuries like a torn ACL or broken arm. Players have to consider their long term health. A guy like Junior Seau played the LB position at an incredibly high level for a very long time. Obviously his story is tragic but he's a tremendous case study in what happens when concussions are left untreated.

EDIT: not to mention, concussions are more of an injury to the brain than the head

Edited by chococoke

Well yeah, I'm aware it's more an injury to the brain than the head. I kinda said "head injuries" out of habit. But I see. And long-term health is what I worry about with Kuechly now, that since he's had multiple concussions in his career, they might say his head's been messed up too much and that more blows to his head could mess him up beyond help.

Kuechly is my favorite player that's not a Steeler! I actually got his jersey too. And he's the best LB (or at least, inside LB) in the league, imo. It'd be really really awful for him to not be able to play anymore. Talent like his is rare.

EDIT: Also, as you might have guessed, I changed my mind about not watching anymore Steelers games until next season. But it's not just because of their Thanksgiving game and all. My mom got me a Steelers beanie hat for the winter and like I do with all the new clothes and accessories I get, I always must have an excuse to wear them, even if I don't actually need them. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, some crazy stuff happened today.

A record 11 extra points were missed.

AJ Green tore his hamstring.

Steelers and Ravens remain in a tight AFC North battle.

The Steelers D of all things got 8 sacks (I know, it was against the Brownies, but it's still crazy).

James Harrison now has the most sacks in Steelers history.

AB now got to 650 catches or something like that quicker than anybody else in NFL history.

Bills beat a very aenemic Bengals squad due to a stout D. Problem? We finished the game with 1 WR who was on the team in August... and he was our #4 WR.

And Shady got injured again. Tell me something new.

I don't know how this team is 5-5 right now. If we were anything near healthy, we'd be 7-3 at least. And in all honesty, we should be 3-7 because of injuries.

21-7 STEELERS!

Just as I predicted, this team is unleashing destruction. :D The Colts were always destroyed by us recently. lol Even WITH Luck! And now they have no Luck and TY Hilton took a big blow from Mitchell.

TY Hilton also hilariously dropped a pass, lolwut.

Yeah, that's why I predicted the blowout in the first place. :P

Game ended 28-7! Though it could've very easily been a close game. It's just that somehow our D only allowed one TD on multiple attempts at 3rd and 4th and goals inside the 5 yard line.

Edited by Anacybele

This has been the craziest season I can ever remember. Badford throwing that pick at the end of the game (and the penalty that led to the play) was downright surreal.

I still have a bad feeling that they're going to collapse (remaining schedule is tough) and the Packers will somehow come back and win the division.

Edited by Team Alucard

Damn you guys, you call yourselves lion fans? Fuck the Packers they aren't coming back from 4-6. We got revenge on our minds and will tear them a new one next time we play. Should have Levy back by then and the defense is really coming together as tje season has gone on

Damn you guys, you call yourselves lion fans? Fuck the Packers they aren't coming back from 4-6. We got revenge on our minds and will tear them a new one next time we play. Should have Levy back by then and the defense is really coming together as tje season has gone on