2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life, do you want Rex Ryan to stick around? Also, what are your thoughts on Tyrod and his looming option?

Keep Tyrod (re-do contract for less money), keep developing Cardale Jones, drop EJ Manuel faster than I dropped 9th grade French and draft another QB. As for Rex, I'm done with him. Fire him and his brother at the end of the season, throw a shitton of money at either John Gruden or Jim Schwartz or see who wants to transition to a first time HC.

Edited by Pepe The Conquerer

Jim Schwartz has the same issues as Rex Ryan from an HCing standpoint, and Schwartz is probably worse in the ways that Ryan is bad.

Schwartz also created the 2nd best defense in the league in a single season. Rex destroyed it.

What's your suggestion then? I'm tired of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs year after year. If we finish this season at 8-8 or 9-7 (need a win vs. Miami or NYJ to do that), that marks three straight years of being .500 or better and seeing no football in January.

At least if the team goes 5-11 under Schwartz, we can say "well look, it's time to rebuild entirely".

Pardon me for being jaded but being a Bills fan isn't good for my mental health.

Hey, it could be worse. You could be a Browns fan like ClevelandSteve. Now there's a sorry team/organization. But if you're going 8-8 or 9-7 now, Life, it looks like the Bills just have a little more growing to do before they're a true playoff team. Though you also have to factor in WHO they play. Bengals had the toughest schedule this season and look where they are despite having been a seven year playoff team.

But I think they're a good team right now, certainly not the worst by a long shot. It looks like they really need the right coach to start off with though.

What's your suggestion then? I'm tired of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs year after year. If we finish this season at 8-8 or 9-7 (need a win vs. Miami or NYJ to do that), that marks three straight years of being .500 or better and seeing no football in January.

At least if the team goes 5-11 under Schwartz, we can say "well look, it's time to rebuild entirely".

The idea of hiring what amounts to a poor man's Rex Ryan in Schwartz is perplexing to me. You definitely want to start fresh and a year of growing pains is worth it. A few candidates off-hand

- Teryl Austin

- Jim Bob Cooter

- Sean McDermott

- Kyle Shanahan

- Matt Patricia

- Josh McDaniels - though the only reason I'd vouch for McDaniels is that his fundamental flaw was control in the FO, and odds are that won't be an issue on his next HCing gig. If he chills out with this Belichick 2.0 shtick then he'll be great. What sets him apart from Jim Schwartz is that Jim Schwartz had 5 years to not be a shit coach and he turned out to be very very undisciplined and overall terrible.

I bet my ass that Cooter stays in Detroit. And Patricia in NE (I would give Patricia a lap dance if it got him to sign in Buffalo).

I just don't care anymore. I'm not even watching the Bills for the rest of the season because I just don't care. It's too depressing.

I thought Coughlin reitred? But yeah, given the success he had with the Giants, he'd probably be good.

Also, why hasn't anyone on NFL.com talked about the bullshit that one Bengals dude, I think it was Adam Jones, pulled during the Steelers game? I swear, the Bengals always find ways to piss me off and it wasn't even Vontaze scumbag Burfict this time. I'm glad the Steelers swept them, but stealing a fan's Terrible Towel and trying to rip it up as a celebration is just fucking NO. What a dirtbag asshole. First of all, messing with someone else's property like that is dickish and WRONG and second, messing with the Terrible Towel of all things is also WRONG. Steeler Nation does not take kindly to the sacred gold towel being messed with.

Jones or whoever it was should be fined for this, yet I'm not seeing any word on NFL.com. He wasn't even flagged, I think.

EDIT: Oh wait, it was Jeremy Hill. I found the video. Fucktard, I'm glad he was injured later and that his team LOST.

Edited by Anacybele

Coughlin is pretty old, but he could come back. Apparently the Jags are interested.

Cam Newton wasn't fined for something similar last year (tearing down a fan banner), so I guess the NFL is consistent on it at least.

But he was still looked down upon for it and there was an article on it on NFL.com. Jeremy Hill's stunt has had zero attention other than the video which was obviously meant to show off his TD. And another thing, Cam wasn't doing what he did to celebrate, whereas Jeremy Hill did, and using props in a celebration is against the rules.

I still think Cam was rude to tear down that banner too, by the way.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't blame him for ripping up a terrible towel.

You wouldn't, of course. You're a Ratbirds Ravens fan.

Wouldn't you hate to see one of your precious Ravens items get treated like that at a game? I recall you saying you've gone to some games before.

Ana, I hope Ben, Brown and Bell all break their legs and can never play football again.

​Why would you ever be happy for someone to be injured? Even a Bengals player?

Ana, I hope Ben, Brown and Bell all break their legs and can never play football again.

​Why would you ever be happy for someone to be injured? Even a Bengals player?

Why would someone ever destroy a fan's property for being for the other team?

Normally, yes, it's wrong to be glad that someone's hurt or wish that someone get hurt. But this is a case where the injured person was a dick earlier. He had it coming. And it's not like he had his career ended or anything. Now a career ending injury I would never wish on someone for any reason, not even Hill or Burfict.

Edited by Anacybele

Why would someone ever destroy a fan's property for being for the other team?

Normally, yes, it's wrong to be glad that someone's hurt or wish that someone get hurt. But this is a case where the injured person was a dick earlier. He had it coming. And it's not like he had his career ended or anything. Now a career ending injury I would never wish on someone for any reason, not even Hill or Burfict.

It's a towel, Ana. Calm the fuck down. The world won't end because some shitty little yellow rag got ripped in half.

It's a towel, Ana. Calm the fuck down. The world won't end because some shitty little yellow rag got ripped in half.

It's still someone else's property. It being a Terrible Towel angered me a little more than usual for obvious reasons, I won't deny that, but I don't care if it was a damn stuffed toy Raven or a kiddy Patriot hat, you don't take someone else's property and destroy it, especially for a reason as petty as being for the other team.

And of course the world won't end, I wasn't intending to make THAT big a deal out of it...sheesh.

Edited by Anacybele

Probably not, I'd laugh. I love it when players trash talk.

Trash talk is MUCH different, dude. If you just use words, you're just using words, not taking someone's stuff and tearing it up. Imagine it was a pricey Joe Flacco scarf (like a scarf with his signature or picture or number and Ravens logo on it) you decided to wave around. Imagine if it was something YOU MADE YOURSELF even. I bet you'd care if a player took it and ripped it apart then.

I wouldn't want to have to replace an expensive item because some idiot destroyed it on purpose just for fun. It'd be worse if it was something I made myself. I once made a Steelers cookie and even though the logo is simple, it's not THAT easy to draw with frosting. If someone just snatched it and smashed it to the ground, I'd cry. Sure, it's just a cookie, but I worked hard on it and was proud of it.

Edited by Anacybele

I love how Tennessee went from being absolute shit to a playoff contender. The question is, can we beat Jacksonville? I doubt a coach switch will save their awful season, but it worked for Tennessee this year.

The Jags (possibly depending on if the Texans) crushing the Titans' playoff hopes would amuse me a fair amount. Two gifts in one week would be a nice change.

For the record, I agree with Ana that destroying fan property is probably inappropriate though I wouldn't get too worked up about it,

terrible towels are expensive?

I'm actually not sure, I brought up "expensive" as an example. But I can check...

Okay, the most expensive ones I see listed through Google are $15-$24 so yes, it looks like they can be pricey. There are cheap ones for like $8, but we don't know how much the one Jeremy Hill destroyed had cost, so...