2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

And I used a similar argument earlier to say that the Chiefs defense didn't stop mediocre Titans, Texans, and Bucs teams. They didn't have a season-wide sample either according to your logic.

If you say those were "flukes" then the Steelers losing to the Eagles and such are flukes too.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said 3 of their losses were on offense and their offense had issues. Only one was on D and that was early. The Patriots will struggle against a hardened defense like that so long as the defense can score and the offense can keep the ball away (and score here and there). They can also challenge the Steelers given that the first four weeks of the season are always jank as shit for many many reasons.

This was a team that literally ran a 2 point conversion back to win a game, after a pick six and a few more ints. Their defense has been vicious in all but one game more or less. As it also stands the Patriots have issues on D as well despite having a great scoring D, especially since they've shit the bed and given up 31 points and 26 points to some offenses that have been bad.

tl;dr the Chiefs are a very strong team that goes under the radar.

I strongly agree with Raven that the Chiefs are hella underrated. The Chargers could consistently score like 28 points a game or something, but our second meeting they held us to like 14 points or something. Our uninjured roster is scary though, we scored like 35 points on the Chiefs on the 1st week, before Keenan Allen tore his ACL :c. Rip my hopes and dreams.

Chiefs could make a run, but they have to rely on their offense to make things happen.

I'm not saying I don't think the Chiefs are a good team. They've been good to get as far as they have. I'm just saying that if the Chiefs defense is so stout despite a few losses, then you can say the Steelers and Pats both have stout offenses despite some losses as well.

Nobody is saying otherwise. The only bad team in the AFC playoffs is Houston. Oakland would be the 2 seed with Carr but the Chiefs are still dangerous. Miami has been generally good since their bad start except in their last game (would like to point out that this game was meaningless) and a blowout to Baltimore but I'm not sure how far they can get. The Wild Card teams are missing QBs.

The AFC playoffs might be very interesting, I just hope the Chiefs or Raiders make it out. Would love to see black pride take over Tucson no matter how unlikely it is.

NFC is kind of uninteresting. I'm still not convinced by the Packers, Lions aren't good, Seahawks have like some of the most anemic offense of the season but the Giants D is fucking for real. The Cowboys and Falcons are great teams with history on the line (the Cowboys being phenomenal with a bunch of rookies thrown in due to injury and a bad D and the Falcons having a historic O with a bad D). I just want either the Giants, Lions, Chiefs, or Raiders taking it all.

"Black pride"? Are you making racist comments now? Because that's uncalled for.

Other than the Steelers, I don't think any of the teams I'd prefer to win it all (Dolphins, Lions, maybe Texans) have a real shot.

The Chiefs definitely have the best defense in the AFC, but I'm not too high on their secondary. I think Marcus Peters is overrated and has a tendency to get burned.

KC certainly has the best pass rush of any AFC team, but our tackles have played remarkably well. I think Marcus Cannon allowed 1 sack after week 1. The improved play from our offensive line coupled with Brady being a system QB and knowing where the hot reads are has neutralized most pass rushes this season.

Also, don't sleep on the addition of Michael Floyd. When Gronk went down, many people around here freaked out - and for good reason. But the offense really hasn't missed a beat between the 20's. His absence is most felt when the offense reaches the red zone. Michael Floyd will help immensely there. If you don't agree, just watch his TD catch from last week. He fights through 5-6 tacklers to score

Not trying to encourage you to continue posting obnoxious all-caps love for AB, but getting burned by him doesn't necessarily make you bad. That said, Peters is the type that likes gamble on certain scenarios, and is willing to live with the consequences, for better or worse. Malcolm Butler really should've been first team All-Pro over him

How is calling him "AB" obnoxious? A lot of people do it, even non-Steelers fans. It's also just easier to type than "Antonio Brown" or "Brown" lol I screamed stuff like "I LOVE YOU AB" before because he won the game for us vs the Ravens. :P I got no reason to do that now.

I never said I thought Peters was BAD or anything though. He's definitely better than a lot of CBs we've had lately, I can say that. I just don't think he's elite or anything. He's just above average, I would say.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, it does? My bad, I never meant to overdo it like that. xP I must not realize how much I do it then... I'll try not to do it so much in the future if it's bothersome.

WE'RE CRUSHING THE 'PHINS HAHAHA. (sorry, Dolphins, I still like you guys though. :P)

But damn it Ben, STOP WITH THE PICKS. >_< He's lucky James Harrison got a strip-sack fumble and Stephon Tuitt was close enough to recover it at the end of the half. This is like four games in a row that Ben's thrown a pick, he can't do that right now, ugh.

But besides that, it's been the 3 B's Show! lol AB with two big TDs and Bell with a third!

Not really. Tannehill isn't that much better than Matt Moore, he has 16 TDs to 12 picks and we still had some pass rush going on there. How about Timmons's back-to-back sacks, huh? :awesome: That o-line let Moore take a lot of shots, and Tannehill probably would've faced them too.

Can't believe Moore by himself turned it over THREE times though. lol

And Ben, SERIOUSLY. Enough. With. The. PICKS. I'm kind of nervous about this team going into Kansas City now with Ben's tendency to have road woes and his throwing all these INTs lately. I know the team has still found ways to win even when he has a bum game, but this is the playoffs and stuff. And even if they do get past the Chiefs, Ben definitely can't afford to pull this crap against the Patriots. Probably not the Texans either if by some chance they knock out the Pats first. The Texans' D is nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by Anacybele

Not really. Tannehill isn't that much better than Matt Moore, he has 16 TDs to 12 picks and we still had some pass rush going on there. How about Timmons's back-to-back sacks, huh? :awesome: That o-line let Moore take a lot of shots, and Tannehill probably would've faced them too.

Can't believe Moore by himself turned it over THREE times though. lol

And Ben, SERIOUSLY. Enough. With. The. PICKS. I'm kind of nervous about this team going into Kansas City now with Ben's tendency to have road woes and his throwing all these INTs lately. I know the team has still found ways to win even when he has a bum game, but this is the playoffs and stuff. And even if they do get past the Chiefs, Ben definitely can't afford to pull this crap against the Patriots. Probably not the Texans either if by some chance they knock out the Pats first. The Texans' D is nothing to sneeze at.

Tannehill was playing way better than Moore this season. Tannehill is more mobile in the pocket and more accurate. 16 TDs to 12 picks is better than the alternative, but also keep in mind that they started 1-4 due to a rookie head coach, Tannehill and Ajayi were why they were successful except against the Ravens. From my understanding in general he's been more decisive in the pocket, and Tannehill has always been very mobile, so this does a good job of nulling pass rush.

Their D giving up 30 seemed like a shitshow, though. Their D has been at least alright all season save Week 13 and 17. Dolphins fans have a lot to look forward to though because Gase has some solid coaching fundamentals.

Edited by Lord Raven

Okay, maybe Tannehill deserves a bit more credit than I thought, but it still doesn't mean the Dolphins would've beaten us with him. It probably would've been a closer game, but as you mentioned, we put up 30 on that D and it's still hard to stop the Killer B's.

I just really hope and pray Ben's road woes don't follow him right now... This team blew out the Chiefs last time, but this is a different scenario going to THEIR house and in the postseason.