2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

The guy the Browns drafted seems OK, but the Browns could draft the fusion of Goku and Superman and it would still somehow backfire. And it figures that the first year in awhile when several top-ten-quality WRs enter the draft at the same time is also the year when the Browns go 7-9 and aren't in the top ten draft picks for once so we miss all of them.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have another pick this time though, so who knows, the Browns could get lucky for once. :P Why do the Browns have two picks though? Does it have something to do with Buffalo not being on the list for some reason?

The Steelers are coming up in a little bit. :D

Yeah, they just said you guys traded Sammy Watkins for it or something like that. They explained it just after I asked. :P

Steelers should pick up that Collins dude since Marcus Peters got taken! I think CB should be our first pick, if not safety! Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu just went, so that's two huge spots to fill.

EDIT: ...Come on, that's not a safety OR a CB. But I suppose Brett Kiesel needs a replacement too, he just retired and he was a DE. Somehow though, I figured that the Steelers would pick either the Collins dude or Bud Dupree. Ended up being the latter.

Edited by Anacybele

WOOO! MGIII. THE FLASH. I didn't expect us to trade up for him but we never use our 4th round pick anyways so I don't think it really affects us too much. Though our 2016 5th round pick is given to SF too, I don't think we can trade up anymore.

I'm pretty sure we traded up for Gordon because the Cowboys were going to trade up for Gordon (from SF but SF didn't want to be that low) or the Texans take him. So we decided to snag him. I didn't mind that we took a RB in the first. Preferably I would've liked OLB. But Gordon truly wanted to be a Bolt.

In Tom Telesco We Trust.

EDIT: When we traded up I got super paranoid we dealt Philip Rivers for a second to the 49ers....even though Telesco said "We're not trading you."

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

We got a pick from Buffalo, yes, but I honestly forget how we got it to tell you the truth. Probably we traded someone at some point.

Buffalo traded up with you guys to get Sammy Watkins because I think the Vikings were going after him.

Anyway, I'll look at Perriman's scouting report before I say anything.

Yeah our D-line last year was pretty decent to start with so it's shaping up to be a pretty strong unit. Still not sure about that whole offense thing though.

I see. I know that feeling though, the Panthers went and picked an LB when they definitely need o-line guys the most. >.> I mean, Cam Newton was being chased all day.

I'm glad the Steelers seem to have picked up a decent enough guy in Bud Dupree though. Welcome to Steeler Nation! ^^

Buffalo traded up with you guys to get Sammy Watkins because I think the Vikings were going after him.

Yeah, they just said you guys traded Sammy Watkins for it or something like that. They explained it just after I asked. :P

Oh, yeah. I remember that now.

We used the other pick to help bolster our O-Line. That's something we needed, too. Hopefully it works out. Of course, we still have nobody to throw the ball and nobody for the ball to be thrown to, so that's kind of like putting the walls of Fort Knox around a manure heap.

first round thoughts

Winston: Good pick, fills biggest need, decent success early, high floor and high ceiling. Won’t last long though.

Mariota: Bad pick, too many other holes that need to be fixed, limited success, low floor decent ceiling. Might succeed but I doubt he will.

Fowler: Good pick, makes a decent pass rush strong, should have long lasting success.

Cooper: Good pick, helps a lot, immediate impact and success, high floor but flow ceiling.

Scherff: Good pick, very surprising but definitely helps, best o-lineman in the draft high ceiling, high floor.

Williams: Arguably the worst pick on the first day of the draft, best player in the draft, best 5-tech since McCoy, but they have two of the top 5-tech’s in the league. They filled no holes and strengthened the one part of their team that was good last year. He will have success if he plays, the player is great, but the pick was shit. Also quote from one of buds this morning “Why the fuck are we drafting defense when our offense sucks”

White: Decent pick, not sure this was the right pick, Alshon Jeffery is still gonna be the number one, Jay Cutler is still gonna be Jay Cutler, the defense is still gonna be shit. Fills the whole left by Marshall but it makes no impact on the team.

Beasley: Good pick, best edge rusher in the draft imo, high ceiling, decent floor.

Flowers: Bad pick, right position, wrong guy, too raw of a player to take in the top ten, has decent games, but ordinary most of the time. Very high ceiling, very low floor.

Gurley: Something I texted when the rams made this pick “It’s official the rams are on crack Why the hell did they draft gurely when they have mason and they o-line is still ass” great player, high ceiling, high floor best running back in years, but wrong pick.

Waynes: Decent pick? I really don’t know how I feel about this pick. Good player, but I just feel like there are bigger needs than corner.

Shelton: Nope, don’t like the pick. Shelton is one of the most overhyped players this draft. He should do well in the run game, but he’s nothing special. You already know what youre gonna get but hes not gonna get that much better. High floor, low ceiling.

Peat: Decent pick, has some of the same problems as flowers in that he is raw, but he isn’t as raw, and his upside in even better. Low floor, extremely high ceiling.

Parker: Meh pick, I don’t know why but I just don’t feel the pick was that strong. It’s the right pick top-10 talent, position of need, not a lot of holes to fix. It’s like the franchise very lack luster.

Gordon: Why did they trade up. Hell if I know. Either way good pick, good player, high floor high ceiling. Helps take some of the pressure off of rivers.

Johson: “The pick makes sense, grab the top cover corner in the draft but your o-line is still ass … I mean yeah theres first round caliber tackles in the second but your probably gonna have to trade up for them … I mean yeah they need ILB but only the jets are dumb enough to draft a non-Keuchly ILB in the first round” Meh pick. Idk it’s a good player fills need and makes the defense one of the best in the league, but it feels too safe.

Armstead: Decent pick, not much to say about the 49ers this year, theyre still fucked.

Peters: Boom or bust pick, corner with the highest ceiling in the draft, but also a lot of risk with this pick. If he keeps his attitude good then the pick is great if not then wasted first rounder.

Erving: Good pick, god I hate the browns for taking Erving. It makes the o-line the best on paper and most likely on the field, but goddamn it I wanted Erving to fall to the pats. Love the player, huge upside high ceiling, high floor.

Agholor: “Hey lets get rid of our veteran receiver and then draft someone built and plays exactly like him, except he has no experience in the NFL”, yep that’s chip Kelly. I actually do like the pick given the situation though.

Ogbuehi: Good pick, strong player, you can hope this fixes some of Daltons’s problems, it probably wont but the picks still good.

Dupree: Decent pick, fills a position of need, decent film, but had a great workout. The problem is the secondary was literally destroyed this off season losing three starters and they may not give him enough time to actually get to the QB.

Ray: Top ten talent who fell due to ankle and drug concerns, I have the same problem with this pick as I do with the Williams pick. You have miller and ware why do you need another pass rusher. Love the player but its one of the worst picks in the first round this year.

Humphries: Good pick, helps the cardinals, hopefully, keep palmer healthy. If they succeed then their goin to the playoffs if not, well the teams still really good.

Thompson: REACH, yeah day 2 talent with more worthwhile picks on the board. Decent player, but you pass up on better players for him.

Perriman: If he gets the playbook down he will be a hell of a deep threat. Route running could use a bit of work, but he should see some success.

Jones: Dallas could’ve drafted a dead chicken here and I wouldn’t have had a problem with it. The pick helps the cowboys in one of their few weak areas, the other are being the front four, and is a really nice one. It doesn’t jump out as a great pick but its like dallas as a team right now, strong but not flashy.

Tomilson: Best guard on the board and helps the lions a lot, day 2 talent but helps one of detroits few problems imo.

Dorsett: horrible pick. Like really bad. He’s literally TY Hilton, and their defense is still ass. If not for one of the last picks of the day 1 I would give this my vote for worst pick of the night.

Randall: yep that’s the packers, stable pick, not a lot to comment on, one of those boring teams, like the pats.

Anthony Worst pick since manziel. “Apparently I was wrong, the saints are dumber than the jets, didn’t know that was possible … thing is I don’t care, ILB is one of the easiest positions to get first round talent in the late rounds its all about technique, vision, intelligence, and stability at the position. Every player in the draft has those … keuchley is the fucking exception that proves the rule he is the only ILB I would take in the first round in the last 7 drafts … fuck that man this isn’t gonna fix shit on defense.”

Brown: “How the hell did brown fall to us, I thought for sure he be gone by pick 20” yeah I love this pick, fills a need and is a really good player

Dupree: Decent pick, fills a position of need, decent film, but had a great workout. The problem is the secondary was literally destroyed this off season losing three starters and they may not give him enough time to actually get to the QB.

Yeah, this is exactly why Steelers fans have been screaming for CBs and safeties. Colbert and Tomlin better get these in round 2 and 3. Seriously. I mean, Polamalu and Ike Taylor retired and they couldn't re-sign Brice McCain. That's THREE of our secondary guys gone. Yeah, Shamarko Thomas is going to fill in for Polamalu, but still. He's one guy.

I like how the fans at the Steelers draft party were all chanting "Let's go, Steelers, LET'S GO!" though. :3

Edited by Anacybele

the things is they shouldn't have drafted any of the S or CB over an edge rusher. they made the right call, you cant fill all three roles, so they try to take the stress of the secondary as a whole than fix just one of those positions. but i dont think dupree is the right pick for that. he might work out, but i just think shane ray or randy gregory wouldve been a better pick.

I'm holding off on judgment of Perriman - who is FAST AS FUCK btw holy shit - until the season starts. I hope it's not another Torrey Smith.

the things is they shouldn't have drafted any of the S or CB over an edge rusher. they made the right call, you cant fill all three roles, so they try to take the stress of the secondary as a whole than fix just one of those positions. but i dont think dupree is the right pick for that. he might work out, but i just think shane ray or randy gregory wouldve been a better pick.

Yeah, I get this. But the secondary still shouldn't just be left alone, you know. But many people said we should've taken Eddie Lacy over Le'Veon Bell too, and look how much of a star the latter is now (especially compared to Lacy having gotten injury-riddled). So hopefully Dupree will be able to do his job well enough.

I'm holding off on judgment of Perriman - who is FAST AS FUCK btw holy shit - until the season starts. I hope it's not another Torrey Smith.

Good idea. Having a lot of speed doesn't mean the guy is going to be omg good (I mean, look at Dri Archer over here...lol), so yeah. I'm surprised the Ravens picked a WR first though, after the GM and Flacco both said they're fine with who they have at that position. xP

Edited by Anacybele

they shouldve taken lacey over bell. of the two switched teams they would probably switch production numbers as well tbh. and there's gonna be a huge run on db's in the 3rd tonight so expect to see a safety pick there.

...What? You're pretty much saying that regardless of which RB the Steelers took, their run game wouldn't be any different. So what's your point?

The fact is, Bell has out-played pretty much every other RB out there except for Marshawn Lynch. And the only reason Lynch is better is that he can do everything Bell can in addition to just being a freaking bulldozer. Bell lacks the size/bulk for that part.

You can argue that DeMarco Murray is better as well because of his numbers, but he was running behind a better o-line than Bell was, and he fumbled way more than Bell. Bell has only fumbled ONCE in his whole career while Murray fumbled seven times in the last season alone.

Edited by Anacybele

i'm saying that if you switched them, knowing what we know now they would have the same stats. given what we knew then i wouldv'e taken lacey 9 times out of 10.

edit: also those new 49ers uni's look dope.

Edited by Randa

Well, I love Bell since he totally kicked ass last season. One of the reasons our offense is the best it's been in decades. It just sucks that he can't play vs the Patriots. I'd love to see how he plays against their D. All I can hope for is another meeting in the playoffs.

Also, according to the Steelers GM (Kevin Colbert), I think it was, Bell fit their playbook and such better than Lacy would have and that's why they picked him.

Edited by Anacybele

I think Tom Telesco might trade down in the second so he can get more picks. Our current needs are D-line, O-line and OLB. I can also see a trade happening to trade in the 2nd or trade for more picks. I predict it could be Donald Brown, Donald Butler, Kendall Reyes or Ladarius Green (please no Telesco) will be traded for more picks. Since they hold some sort of value for a trade.

I don't think Donald Brown will hold little value whatsoever in this draft because deep RB class and low shelf life of Donald Brown.(Unless Chip Kelly wants to upgrade his Madden Team to 85 overall with Donald Brown as back up)

Donald Butler is interesting, he played terribly last season BUT he does hold value since he's smart but very hesitant. The fault in his game is hesitating getting inside route lanes and hesitating to break the hole. He was in the position to do these but was just way too hesitant to pan it out.

Kendall Reyes has good backup value, I could see him being trade fodder for maybe the lost 4th or 5th.

Ladarius Green could have A LOT of value. Essentially we could get a 2nd round pick and more with him. He's also very raw, when drafted he had poor route running skill but essentially had speed, size and hands. We could also get so much more from other teams considering that this draft class is VERY weak in Tight Ends. Ladarius Green has been learning from the master route runner known as Antonio Gates for a few seasons and has been very refined. The ONLY problem I have with this trade is, we won't have an heir with Gates. Green is essentially Gates' heir once he retires.

Besides this prospects I want to see Telesco make a break for is Eddie Goldman. He essentially gets rid of the hole in both the middle and the left end. Ryan Carrethers is a run-stopping monster, but he serves only to stop the run. He is terrible at pass-rushing.

I also wouldn't mind getting Landon Collins in the 2nd round. Because Jahleel Addae is essentially a concussion prone Kam Chancellor without the smarts.

Since Safeties don't age well in the NFL I could see us getting the heir of Eric Weddle in third round or Rivers if Grayson/Petty is still somehow there. But if we truly think our guys can do it before their playing time is up.

I would like to see Telesco grab another O-line men or OLB in the 3rd or beef up the D-line.

EDIT: RIVERS IS EXPECTING HIS 8TH CHILD.

IS HE LIKE BUILDING HIS OWN 52 MAN ROSTER.

RIVERS HANDS OFF TO RIVERS. RIVERS THROWS DOWN FIELD TO RIVERS. RIVERS COMPLETES THE CATCH THEN LATERALS IT TO RIVERS. TOUCHDOWN SAN DIEGO! RIVERS IS UP TO KICK. RIVERS SNAPS IT TO RIVERS, RIVERS KICKS THE BALL AND THE EXTRA POINT IS GOOD!

Man, so much for a chance to get Landon Collins. :( (he was the Collins dude I was talking about before)

EDIT: Panthers trade for a pick and get a WR. Not bad, not bad. The only really good one these guys had so far was Kelvin Benjamin, so that's a need. But o-linemen, seriouslyyyy... Cam needs more protection or these WRs won't have many chances to make plays...

EDIT2: We got a CB for the Steelers! YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' about! :D Senquez Golson!

Edited by Anacybele

Denzel Perryman is an interesting prospect. I'm not disappointed nor am I excited about this pick.

What I heard is pretty good, an amazing run stuffer with turnover potential but solid. So pretty much a bigger, but shorter Jahleel Addae with not as great coverage skills.

We do need depth at ILB. But we already have a penciled in starter at ILB that is fought between Donald Butler and Manti Te'o. Our depth at ILB is pretty weak though.

But our D-Line is still weak at the left side. Our penciled in starter is just a quality back up. Our current NT doesn't create any sort of pass rush either. Since we're pretty terrible at the run. (We were pretty ok against the run in 2013 don't know what happend)

At O-line I want to either move Fluker inside or get some stud in the interior so we can legitimately have 4th and 1 Donald Brown up the middle to work. Since Johnnie Troutman doesn't exactly bring confidence in the O-line unlike Orlando Franklin.

With 3rd, 5th and 6th, hopefully we can get value out of these picks somehow.

Also relevant Denzel Perryman "Ray Lewis' Sucessor."

I think it's quite the hefty statement since he doesn't have all the skills that Lewis has. 49ers hyped him up as potentially being Patrick Willis' successor though. The only thing similar between him and Ray Lewis is that killer bull-rush and both of them wear 52.

EDIT 2: The more I watch this guy the more I love the pick. It helps our interior Defense. He's better in coverage than I think. He's also more Ray Lewis-like than I thought and the more I watch. His idol is also Ray Lewis. Like how Melvin Gordon's is LT. I think we're good in ILB for the next 5-8 years. I definitely think he can be a 3-down LB with Te'o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tdIrCNR1Ec

Dude is a freaking savage on the field.

EDIT: Interesting thing to note. Denzel Perryman played both ILB and OLB. Also played both in a 3-4 and 4-3. So I now I'm excited about this pick.

In TT we Trust.

I read up a bit on Golson, he's kind of a little guy (5'9" I think)... Hope that doesn't hinder him too much when trying to cover taller receivers.