2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

I know, right? I'm surprised at a bunch of things here:

1. OMG this Steeler defense. Best defense I've seen from them all year.

2. Wow our backup RBs today.

3. What happened to our receivers? (AB got a few nice catches, Bryant had that monster run, but that's it)

But hey, if we win, we win!

EDIT: THERE'S A TD! Bryant ftw. :D People thought he'd have a big game today too because Ben gave him a talking to!

EDIT2: AW FUCK. This game was going SO good and now Ben had to hurt his THROWING SHOULDER. And guess who hit him? Burfict. It was actually a clean hit, but the asshole still celebrated right after. I REALLY hate this guy. I really don't want us to have to play Landry Jones at DENVER if we win this... He's okay, but...it's the Broncos.

Although, I'm surprised Shazier got away with that hit on Bernard. I didn't think it was clean...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually a clean hit, but the asshole still celebrated right after. I REALLY hate this guy.

Of course he celebrated. He just sacked the opposing QB. That is literally his purpose in the game, why wouldn't he celebrate?

This game kind of sucks. I blame the weather and lack of Red Rifle. Bryant's catch was no joke though, one of the best TDs I've ever seen. And Brown quietly churning out 100 yards like it's no big deal. Eifert needs to step it up, I think he should have been the key for the Bengals here.

He celebrated because he injured Ben, not because he sacked him. It's BURFICT. Players accused him of celebrating Bell's injury too. The announcers even just said that when Burfict is near the Pittsburgh sideline, it can't lead to good things. And he was just there. He's nothing but a thug and an asshole who doesn't care for people.

I can't believe this game right now... It was going so good... Our defense was looking like the Steeler defense of old for once. We were up 15-0. And Burfict goes in and ruins it.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think the game was really going great for either side, neither team has been playing particularly well. The Steeler's D has been fine, but I think it's more on McCarron still not having enough experience. Losing Big Ben is a big deal though, because the Steelers lead is far from large enough to feel comfortable putting in the backup. There is more than enough time for the Bengals to catch up.

Edited by Jack.

The Steelers were still doing better than the Bengals, good enough to make 15-0 happen.

And we could win this game, but I kind of don't want us to now, because I just know that we'll just see a huge embarrassment if Landry Jones has to play that Broncos defense... I'd rather be spared of that than win this game.

I would be very happy if the Bengals won, considering I have a total man crush on Eifert and want to see him keeep playing.

Also I don't like the Steelers, but I have my priorities.

Edited by Jack.

Why does everyone here hate the Steelers? Is it because of me? If so, that's dumb, hating a whole team just because of a single fan.

But anyway, looks like you guys will get your wish. All because Tomlin refuses to put Ben back in the game even though Ben says he's fine. The defense is too tired now because Landry Jones can't get the offense to do anything.

You have absolutely no bearing on my thoughts on the Steelers, and I doubt you've turned anyone into a Steeler's hater who already wasn't one.

Ben says he's healthy, that doesn't mean he is. He's come back from injury too soon in the past, they don't want him doing that now. If Ben comes back, get's hurt worse, and then the Steelers wind up winning, he could be out the whole game next week. Although it looks like the Bengals might have just intercepted for the win.

Edit: Spoke too soon. This game is turning fucking stressful.

Edited by Jack.

Yeah, but even an injured Ben has to be better than Landry Jones right now.

And yeah, this was really stressful. This whole season has been, in fact, though I do know that other teams have had it worse and they have my condolences, while their fans deserve to be even more upset than I. It's just that it feels like every time things start going really well for my Steelers, everything just blows up in our face...

Edited by Anacybele

GOD DAMN IT NOW BURFICT TOOK BROWN OUT.

He was flagged, which I'm SO glad of, but you guys see why I hate this fucking asshole? BURFICT I HOPE YOU GET YOUR ASS CANNED FOREVER.

Man, every time I think my Steelers are down, they get right back up and get the job done. I need to do that more often. XD

YAY STEELERS!! Fuck you Burfict. Although, we do have you to thank for putting us in FG range...haha.

Still, I don't like our chances in Denver now. We'll possibly be without our biggest weapon in AB. He lit up the Broncos D in our last matchup...

Edited by Anacybele

Wow...

I now want KC in the Superbowl or this year is ruined for me.

So Steelers vs. Broncos? Can both of them lose and be automatically eliminated? Please? Because fuck those franchises.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Oh yeah, I have to cheer for the Patriots... -_- The Chiefs are the only team I dislike more. Yeah, yeah, people here don't like my reason for disliking them. And actually I'll admit that it isn't the best reason ever. But I still can't bring myself to not dislike them so much.

Oh, but I'd also love to see my Steelers OR the Broncos trash the Patriots, so...

At this point, as long as the Pats do't make it to the superbowl I'll be pretty satisfied. Of course then it will wind up being like Redskins/Steelers or something and I'll have to play the "drink every time you hate both teams" drinking game until I die of alcohol poisoning.

Edited by Jack.

Well, at least Chiefs/Vikings would be something a little different. I'm kind of tired of seeing the Patriots and Seahawks, and even the Broncos wouldn't be as interesting.

EDIT: Oh yeah, seems I'm having a lot of trouble not posting in here as much as usual like I said I would... It's hard. DX But I will say one thing, I won't go talking about records or achievements by individual players anymore. You know, like FedEx Air and Ground Players of the Week and AFC/NFC Players of the Week and such. I know I overdid it on that even though I never meant for it to be taken as bragging or anything. I'll also try a lot harder to tell when I wouldn't know what I'm talking about if I bring something up.

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, people were throwing things on Brown after he went down? Man, I wish I was there so I could've punched those guys in the face and kicked them in the balls. I don't care how much bigger than me they might be, AB didn't deserve that at all and I would've defended him as much as I could. This is a man who's not just amazing on the field, but off it as well. This is the man who took a high school football team to see Concussion to show them the potential dangers of football. He's a really nice guy who just wants to have some fun and be a great player, and this is how he's repaid? It's freaking ridiculous! I almost want to cry.

A nice thing is though, some Bengals fans came to the Steelers Facebook page and made apology posts and were super good sports. They even said Burfict was a disgrace. I'm glad to see that not all Bengals fans are horrible.

EDIT: Actually, I'm hearing now that Ben was the one who got things thrown at him. He doesn't deserve that either! He didn't have a squeaky clean past, but he worked hard and turned around and admitted that he wasn't the best person he could've been. He loves dogs too and has a foundation that supports police dogs. I still want to cry... I feel so bad for him and Brown. I hope a lot of fines are handed out.

Edited by Anacybele