2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

well i was on a plane during bengals-steelers

it's sad i missed it - sounds like the two teams basically pounded each other the fuck over

i caught houston-kansas city up until the last like 8 minutes in the airport. i don't think i missed much. Congratulations to Kansas City!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Lord Raven, it was a mess towards the end. Burfict's hit on Ben was clean, but he celebrated it and fans threw garbage at Ben as he was carted off. I know you don't like Ben, but really, even you wouldn't approve that behavior, right? I mean, I wouldn't ever approve of it even if this was a Chiefs or Patriots player they were doing it to (and I mentioned I had respect for Eric Berry).

Burfict then made the dirtiest hit I ever saw on Brown. Brown's now on the concussion protocol. You don't want to see that hit, it was awful. I heard Burfict tried to throw some punches too.

Oh, but my Steelers weren't perfectly innocent either. I didn't at all like the hit Shazier made on Bernard, though it wasn't as bad as that Burfict hit on Brown. I was surprised he wasn't flagged for it, even though Bernard HAD established himself as a runner. DeCastro and one of our coaches got into it with Burfict as well, and the coach was flagged. Tomlin needs to talk to Munchak about that. You don't just grab some guy's hair like that. Oh yeah, there was some ridiculous celebrations by a couple Steelers as well after William Gay seemingly returned a fumble for a TD.

Now on the NON-brutal side, it was actually mostly a defensive game and the Steelers defense had the Bengals at ZIP for most of the game and the Steelers went 15-0. Our backup RBs did surprisingly well too. It was only when Ben got injured that things took a huge turn. But Bengals stupidity and Ben returning and making nice short throws, topped with a Boswell FG gave the Steelers the win in the end.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Another reason I wanted to cry for Ben and AB is that I know what it feels like to have garbage thrown at you. It happened to me in school once, when I was going downstairs to my next class. So yeah, I have plenty reason to feel for them. I wish I could be there for them, even...

Edited by Anacybele

It was truly an ugly game. Shazier's hit on Giovanni Bernard was brutal - Bernard took Shazier's helmet to his chin and was basically knocked out. Instead of a penalty it ended up being a turnover. One of Cincy's LBs dropped a red zone interception that Ben threw into his gut.

I'm not excited to face the Chiefs.

People argue that it was a clean, but very unfortunate hit because Bernard had established himself as a runner, but yeah, it probably could've been called a penalty.

I'm not looking forward to the game in Denver myself. We'll possibly be without Ben, Brown, AND De-Lo now in addition to Bell. All our top weapons, gone, at the worst time ever... Burfict was responsible for injuring three of those guys, by the way. Even if he's just really reckless and not actually TRYING to hurt people, this still spells bullshit.

Edited by Anacybele

Picks for next round:

Chiefs at Patriots- This is admittedly a bit of a tricky spot for the Patriots with their offensive line injuries against a scary Chiefs defense. At worst, this game could resemble the Patriots/Chiefs game last year which was a blowout in Kansas City's favor. The Chiefs might be limited offensively with Maclin out however(high ankle sprain makes him questionable) and Edelman should be coming back. Picking against Brady and Belicheck in the playoffs is also hard to do.

Packers at Cardinals- The Packers did manage to look much better offensively against the Redskins, but the Cardinals defense is quite a step up. It was only a few weeks ago that the Cardinals dominated the Packers, particularly the Packers offensive line. I think the Packers will look better here, but are not good enough to win.

Seahawks at Panthers- This is a tough game to pick, these teams have always played each other close over the past few years. Panthers do have some advantages with the bye week and home field, but the Seahawks just seem to excel in clutch situations like this.

Steelers at Broncos- I am not entirely sold on the Broncos due to their QB and overall offensive situation, but I am even less sold on the Steelers right now. That was a pretty bad offensive performance against the Bengals all things considered and it's been a pattern over the last few games. Big Ben and Antonio Brown both have injuries which may limit them and it's the Steelers fourth straight road game and a long trip at that. Seems like factors strongly favor the Broncos here.

Cynthia, did you forget that the Panthers beat the Seahawks last time? :P

I do have to admit that the Steelers are probably at the end of the line if Ben and Brown can't play though... I can't emphasize this enough: FUCK YOU, VONTAZE BURFICT.

Okay, I'll shut up about that now.

They still won regardless though, which means they are capable of winning. That's all I'm saying. It'll be tough though, for sure, and there are reasons why I didn't want this matchup to happen...

...Are you serious.

ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Adam Jones needs to shut the fuck up, Antonio Brown does NOT fake injuries! He's not a dishonest liar! He's a really nice guy that made a list of 30 people under 30 who are really admirable outside their jobs (I think that's how it went, it was in a well-known magazine whose name escapes me) and he skipped practice to spend time with his newborn daughter for fuck's sake! And there's that movie trip he did for a high school football team that I mentioned before. And why the hell would he pretend to be hurt and intentionally go on concussion protocol right before a big playoff game? He knows he's our best weapon and perhaps the best wideout in the league!

I think I hate the Bengals as much as you do now, Lord Raven. They're nothing but a shit organization and their fans are horrible too for the most part. First fans cheer and throw garbage at an injured Ben, now this dirtbag is calling Antonio Brown a big liar. I'm getting REAL tired of this bullshit.

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, you need to calm down. You get stupidly upset when other players say mean things. Who cares what he says? It's PACMAN. He's salty and he's a clown.

Seriously, just try to relax about this stuff. We really don't need any more paragraphs about how absolutely amazing Antonio Brown is or whatever awards/lists he's made.

Yeah, you're right. I admit my reaction is silly and I'm going on too much about AB. I'll shut up about him for right now. But it's hard not to still be rather upset when this is one of my very favorite players being insulted and I was already kind of PO'd to begin with...

But yeah, apologies. Lucky for me, I get over anger and frustration pretty quickly. In fact, I feel better now. I just needed to blow off steam I guess, and then go do something to take my mind off it. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Lovie Smith got fired- didn't see that one coming. I guess the Bucs did kinda collapse and lose their last four games, but it's not like anyone expected them to be any good anyway.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Man, DeAngelo Williams's chances of coming back aren't good. :(

And we still don't know if Ben or Brown will play either. Man, if we don't at LEAST have a healthy enough Ben on the field, we're likely done... There was a reason these guys managed to shut up the Broncos' D once already this season... I like our depth at RB and WR, but this is still the Broncos' D we're facing.

Edited by Anacybele

Why's that affect you, Lord Raven? You're a Ravens fan. :P Just curious.

Although, I don't like that they're moving either. St. Louis is cool. I went there once. And I heard LA likes their basketball more than football anyway. And California has enough teams...