2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

California teams: Oakland, San Francisco.

New York teams: Buffalo, Giants, Jets.

More teams in New York than there are in Cali. Just saying...

EDIT: Didn't realize that you meant all sports. Well, that's 1 Hockey, 3 Basketball, 2 Football and 2 Baseball, I think. Considering the sheer size of California, it makes sense. And it's still similar to New York.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I meant just NFL. And you forgot the Chargers who are San Diego. So CA has FOUR teams now.

I also think NY has enough teams.

Edited by Anacybele

EDIT: Didn't realize that you meant all sports. Well, that's 1 Hockey, 3 Basketball, 2 Football and 2 Baseball, I think. Considering the sheer size of California, it makes sense. And it's still similar to New York.

did you forget about the chargers

also there's four basketball in california; the golden state warriors, LA clippers, LA lakers, and sacramento kings.

Edited by Lord Raven

California now has:

4 NFL teams (SF, OAK, LA, SD)

4 NBA teams (GS, SAC, LAL, LAC)

5 MLB teams (SF, OAK, LAD, SD, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)

3 NHL teams (SJ, LA, ANA)

2 (soon to be 3) MLS teams (SJ, LA Galaxy, and the soon to be joining LAFC)

Once again, considering the population of California and size it makes sense, but wow.

Technically, New York only has one NFL team (the Bills). The Jets and the Giants both play in New Jersey. That's just minor semantics, though.

But, more to the point, I never like it when teams move. As a Browns fan, I know what it's like when your city loses its team. Hopefully, both the Chargers and the Raiders take the NFL's offer to build new stadiums in their current cities rather than move to LA to share a stadium with the Rams.

what browns fans went through is nothing on this

I feel so bad for Rams fans. STL was the one city that was actually trying to keep their team there and they're the ones who end up losing. I wonder if Kurt Warner is going to go in the hall as a Cardinal now.

you dont go into a hall with a team

it says on your plaque or something like

Packers - 94 to 98

Rams - 98 to 02

Giants - 02 to 06

Cardinals - 07 to 09

i dunno i think i got the years mixed up

Edited by Lord Raven

Technically, New York only has one NFL team (the Bills). The Jets and the Giants both play in New Jersey. That's just minor semantics, though.

What? Really? I thought the Giants were the only one of the two that played in New Jersey while the Jets actually played in NYC. They were the ones talked about when Hurricane Sandy hit and all. No mention of the Jets. Especially when the Steelers pulled out a can o' whoopass against the Giants right after that storm.

Edited by Anacybele

Huh. Well, I always thought that was weird anyway. Why are they called NY teams if they won't even play in NY? I mean, I get that NYC is major and NY itself is sorta the same, but still. They couldn't build their stadium IN NYC? Ah well...

Huh. Well, I always thought that was weird anyway. Why are they called NY teams if they won't even play in NY? I mean, I get that NYC is major and NY itself is sorta the same, but still. They couldn't build their stadium IN NYC? Ah well...

Because the place they are located in is still within the metro area, given they have historical ties to the city of New York.

They live much closer to New York City than, say, the 49ers do to San Francisco. Or the Bills to NYC.

I'M SO FUCKING PUMPED

You were the first person I thought of when I heard about the Rams moving, because I figured you'd actually be a Rams fan in Cali.

I think Chargers stay.

I hate how people are all like: "they're only a 3 hour drive away, what's the difference?"

I guess the best analogy to put it is like DC and Baltimore. They're literally a river away and they're two different cities.

But anyways. Spanos' intent was to join Davis and split up the Carson deal in LA trying to cockblock the Rams from owning the market. Due to the Rams now officially being in Inglewood, this means that Spanos will always be 2nd in the market and is at sake of whatever Kroenke does.

At this point, I doubt it'll make financial sense for Spanos to try to get back the LA market because a majority of the revenue will head towards the Rams as opposed to the Chargers. The only reason would probably be quick cash and selling the team.

If he wants stability, he's $650 million closer to staying in San Diego. Plus he has no leverage whatsoever with Kroenke.

This is a good thing! We can host Superbowls in our beautiful weather if we get a deal done! Now we just need to get more fans dedicated again.

Edited by ~Summer~

Shows how much I know about American geography (I don't know shit).

Lord Raven, Ed Reed is now a Buffalo Bill. Assistant DB Coach to be exact. Holy fucking shit.

Looks like Gronk isn't going to be completely healthy for this game on Saturday. The Collins/Hightower combination is going to have to elevate this defense to another level if the Pats are going to make a run at SB50. I'm starting to lose a little faith.

Hey, you're in better shape than my Steelers are... Big Ben tore ligaments in his shoulder, AB is concussed, De-Lo is probably sitting out again. No guarantee at all that we'll see any of them on the field vs the Broncos.

All thanks to fucking Vontaze Burfict. He got a 3 game suspension, btw. Serves the scumbag right. I also saw that he's going to appeal it. All I had to say to that was HAHAHA, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, DIRTBAG. LOL

Well, now that everyone's done talking about what teams are actually in the cities they're named for and we're now back to reporting news about our own teams, the Browns have actually done something good for once by hiring Hue Jackson. I know getting a competent coach won't fix everything wrong with the team, but it is a good step in the right direction. Now I just have to hope the front office doesn't scapegoat and fire him when their shitty draft picks blow up in the team's face.

Next step: convince Joe Thomas to stay. If he leaves, we're fucked (even more than usual) no matter who's the coach.

ll thanks to fucking Vontaze Burfict. He got a 3 game suspension, btw. Serves the scumbag right. I also saw that he's going to appeal it. All I had to say to that was HAHAHA, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, DIRTBAG. LOL

Pictured: Vontaze Burfict getting a concussion.

tsdDVbR.gif

It's their fault for not having dicks made of pure steel and sex appeal.

He didn't target their dicks, Raven. lol He targeted Brown's head and Ben's shoulder (after the fact, that is. Camera shows him kneeing Ben in the shoulder he fell on). Too bad they don't have skulls and shoulder bones of steel. xP

Pictured: Vontaze Burfict getting a concussion.

tsdDVbR.gif

It's their fault for not having dicks made of pure steel and sex appeal.

He would have worse than a concussion if he targeted Rivers' junk.

Edited by ~Summer~

Ugh, NOOOOO. ;_;

*headdesk in sadness*

I HATE YOU, BURFICT. SINGLE-HANDEDLY DESTROYED OUR SEASON AND PUT MY FAVORITE PLAYER ON THE SIDELINES, YOU FUCKER. ;_;

Edited by Anacybele