Help with song insertion with Sappy and Mid2AGB

MCProductions

Okay, so I followed the tutorial found in the Music resource topic and got better results from these tools than the ELF method which resulted in me crashing the game. Even tho the game isn't crashing upon booting anymore like the elf method, the song I inserted over the Title theme will not play at all. Did I do something wrong?

You might want to list the steps that you did to insert the song. That way it would be easier to pinpoint where you might have done something wrong. Does the original title them play instead of the song you inserted? Or just no sound whatsoever?

No song whatsoever unless I let the intro play out first then I get the old theme song

anyway, the steps I took were taken stright from the Tutorial in Agro's music resource topic.

First, I trimmed the song(the Syphon Filter theme) down to seven tracks like the tutorial said too.

Then I put the brackets in the song to denote where I wanted the song to loop

I then converted it to a .s file in Mid2Agb

I then used MS Word (only text editor I have) to change the MVL from 127 to 65

Used the Assemble Song command in Sappy to insert the song using the offset shown in the tutorial

After the initial failure, I changed the MVL to every other digit between 60 and 70 INCLUDING 60 and 70

and even attempted changeing the insert offset during my varing attempts at reinsertion with no results.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough earier, I'm an idiot at times

can you please upload the contents of the .s file either here in a code format or somewhere like pastebin? (don't make an attachment or I'll murder you)

also, did you insert the native instrument map/use the all instruments patch?

also ALSO if MS word is the only text editor you have then you need to get another one like notepad++

Edited by Agro