Interview with IS developers (by 4Gamer)

Ryo

Each version of the new FE is only as long as Awakening is?

Welp, so much for the hopes of a good, not rushed story. Awakening was just too short.

Also disappointed that only Nohr will have more unique chapter objectives. I don't plan to play this route at all (not just because of Camilla either).

Awakening's about the same length as most FE games chapter-wise I believe? RD excluded of course. However Awakening had three mostly distinct storyline arcs which did make it feel more rushed.

I'm kind of wishing I had preordered White instead of Black. Black certainly sounds a whole lot more interesting, but the goal for buying the Japanese version was to have something to tide me over the NA release. Since I'm not exactly fluent in Japanese, the easier path would have been more logical even if less interesting to me. I mean, we knew that Nohr was going to be harder, but... Not to the amount that this interview seems to imply!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido players are doomed, Nohr is confirmed to be the best. :p

Still hoping that the third path isn't a neutral humanity friendship bullcrap.

Same length as Awakening ? *snort*

That's supposed to be a good thing ?

Edited by B.Leu

Awakening's very content heavy despite its length. If each game has as much unique content as Awakening then there's no problem.

Edit: lol At lowering difficulty in Nohr path. They want it to sound like the second coming of Thracia. They better not bullshit with this much hype for it.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

The "same length as Awakening's" thing has been revealed since the official site launched, lol. You guys just didn't pay attention XD

Edited by Ryo

Awakening's about the same length as most FE games chapter-wise I believe? RD excluded of course. However Awakening had three mostly distinct storyline arcs which did make it feel more rushed.

FE7 is longer, PoR is longer. Dunno about Shadow Dragon or New Mystery though. But true about the arcs thing.

NM's def longer. Awakening is short because it has near infinite replayability. The problem with Awakening's length was how much it tried to do. Since these games have a focus the length will be perfectly fine.

[*]Hoshido has a world map.

[*]You'll still be able to connect with people who play the alternative version. (Probably means you can streetpass someone with Nohr despite playing Hoshido, and vice versa.) There will be various perks for connecting with other players.

Damn. So Nohr doesn't have a World Map, I'm guessing. How depressing... I like to have something to do after I beat the game, even if it's something as small as skirmishes...

Streetpass cnfirm'd?!

I'm buying the whole game anyway, and even though I was #TeamNohr from the start, I might play Hoshido first to save the best for last.

FE7 is longer, PoR is longer. Dunno about Shadow Dragon or New Mystery though. But true about the arcs thing.

FE13 is definitely longer than those if you're doing full runs (All Gaidens).

If 6 chapters is essentially "1/6" of the story, that would mean the other 5/6 for a single version would be another 30 chapters for a total of 36. I don't expect one version to have 36 main story chapters, but 30 + gaiden chapters sounds appropriate to me.

Also, Sacred Stones only had 21 chapters and its story was fine to me.

Edited by IceBuster573

Moving to the FE if board since most of the discussions revolve around that game.

A lot of interesting info there.

Also, the digital version requiring multiple downloads makes more sense than locking content, especially with all the content-unlocking hacks flying around (Pokemon Shuffle free gems, etc.).

Moving to the FE if board since most of the discussions revolve around that game.

A lot of interesting info there.

Also, the digital version requiring multiple downloads makes more sense than locking content, especially with all the content-unlocking hacks flying around (Pokemon Shuffle free gems, etc.).

Oh I didn't mean to complain, I was (or still am, I guess) a bit confused regarding the order in which everything has to be done, and since I had planned on buying both versions anyway, I just wish I could do that from the get-go.

For some reason I thought the online version only allowed you to pick one side and then you'd have to get a physical copy, although now in retrospect it just sounds stupid. But yay, now I can enjoy the increased difficulty and more mission objectives after Hoshido.

Haha, sorry, I wasn't replying to anyone in particular XD

Just to clarify, if you buy the digital version, you get a free download for the Nohr or Hoshido campaign. After you've downloaded the first campaign, you can then, at any time, pay for the second/third campaign (the exact same process as if you bought the packaged version).

Haha, sorry, I wasn't replying to anyone in particular XD

Just to clarify, if you buy the digital version, you get a free download for the Nohr or Hoshido campaign. After you've downloaded the first campaign, you can then, at any time, pay for the second/third campaign (the exact same process as if you bought the packaged version).

No worries!

Yeah that's what I thought, but you still have to make it to the fifth map, or am I missing something here?

My theory on the third path is that it will be more akin to the Nohr version difficulty-wise, however, you have the ability to freely grind outside of battles like in Hoshido.

We can probably end those defending, break through and survival x turns missions by just killing all the units. Unless there something more, it really doesn't make any big differences from routing imo.

Why are people saying Awakening is short? 25 chapters is pretty generous. As was mentioned before, the problems lies in the amount of stuff they crammed into those 25 chapters and the general lackluster nature of the story that bogged it down. Not to mention the Paralogues adding a ton of (albeit unnecessary) content. Sacred Stones and Binding Blade are both shorter and people seem to love those.

No World Map for Nohr saddens me, but only because I love grinding. I assume, since we can connect with other players with Hoshido, that grinding is in some way possible. *shrugs* Maybe arena battles or just by Streetpass duals themselves.

Still, really happy about this information.

No worries!

Yeah that's what I thought, but you still have to make it to the fifth map, or am I missing something here?

Yup, I thought I missed a bit.

We can probably end those defending, break through and survival x turns missions by just killing all the units. Unless there something more, it really doesn't make any big differences from routing imo.

Depends on the difficulty.

Try doing that in Thracia 776.

• You'll still be able to connect with people who play the alternative version. (Probably means you can streetpass someone with Nohr despite playing Hoshido, and vice versa.) There will be various perks for connecting with other players.

I wonder if this means that we can trade items/weapons that are exclusive to the other path via Streetpass? Great, now Nohr can use katanas too, the last bit of incentive for playing Hoshido has been crushed XDDD

Edited by Ryo

I absolutely don't understand your logic, if the map is well designed around a "defending" objective, you couldn't even kill hall of the enemy units...

Just for comparisons sake:

A full run of FE6 has 31 chapters (if all sidequests done)

FE7 has 43 chapters (Hector mode and all sidequests)

FE8 has 23 chapters

PoR has 33 chapters (if we count all four parts of Ch 17 separately)

RD has 43 (if we count both parts of Ch 6 and all 5 parts of endgame separately)

Shadow Dragon has 34 (all sidequests and all 4 parts of the prologue)

I haven't played FE12 or FE3 so I'm not sure how the whole Book 1/Book 2 thing works

Awakening has 50 (not including Premonition but including all Paralogues)

What if there's a Gaiden requirement that needs you to finish the map in a certain number of turns, which can only be achieved by breaking through?

What if there's a Gaiden requirement that needs you to finish the map in a certain number of turns, which can only be achieved by breaking through?

galeforce

I was thinking they were going to do something akin to that map in Awakening where unreachable enemies with Mire spawned, more or less forcing you to hurry down unless you wanted to be overwhelmed.

Btw can anyone who has the Japanese copies/ROMS of older games help me check if they used 制圧 for seize? Thanks. If it's not indeed seize, then that's another new objective there.