Interview with IS developers (by 4Gamer)

Ryo

I have a question too. I'm trying to translate the important bits of the interview, but I want to make sure I haven't got the wrong meaning.

Is this close or totally wrong?

ええ。このアイディアを樋口さんに持ち込んだら「それは面白い!」と言って下さって,「生まれ故郷につくか」「育ての国につくか」という選択に加え,三つ めのルートまで考えてくださったんです。樋口さんに「なんでわざわざ自分の首を絞めるようなことをやるんですか?」と笑いながら聞いたら,「どっちの勢力 にもつかないというのも面白いじゃないか!」と。
 そして,三つのルートそれぞれが,FE1本分のボリュームになっています。
When this idea was suggested to Higuchi, he liked the idea of choosing between your homeland (Hoshido) and the land that raised you (Nohr), but suggested the idea of a third campaign--the "third path" DLC, which will be released after the game comes out.

At the time, Higuchi jokingly said "why would I choose to tighten my own noose?" (referring to choosing one of the sides, since the other side would consider you an enemy) and "let's be interesting and not side with either!"

I'm halfway finished with my write up. Just give me a few more hours XD

Would love somebody to double check it too...

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If marriage was included, I imagine it would have been referenced by now (I'm still waifuing Marx). I would like to discuss it, but I'm not creating another "controversial" topic. Too much of a pacifist, and said debates have finally died down. Thankfully, the Waifu Wars seem to have passed, as well.

That said, I rather like the varied mission objectives! What IS seems to be doing is creating a game to please the newcomers and a game to please the diehards. Nice!

If marriage was included, I imagine it would have been referenced by now (I'm still waifuing Marx). I would like to discuss it, but I'm not creating another "controversial" topic. Too much of a pacifist, and said debates have finally died down. Thankfully, the Waifu Wars seem to have passed, as well.

That said, I rather like the varied mission objectives! What IS seems to be doing is creating a game to please the newcomers and a game to please the diehards. Nice!

If I remember correctly, marriage wasn't revealed for awakening until they had commercials. (They had a commercial showcasing it, then put info up on the jp site?)

I could be remembering wrong though. I more just saying I have no idea what to expect in regards to that, though it's less of a surprise now.

Edited by L95

I hope that they don't spend most effort on Nohr and leave Hoshido less than Nohr. Based on some of the info translated Nohr will be a lot more diversified, if they put all effort into one version why even make two? I'll be playing both versions anyway but this kind of worries me.

Although this once again brings up a question of how those first 6 chapters will function. Will it be like Hoshido, Nohrm, or the third route. Based on this the maps will function differently based on the version with more complex maps on Nohr. There is also the issue of level gains which could imbalance Nohr if you use it too much. So I am rather curious how those first few chapters work.

Edited by Asoleos

I hope that they don't spend most effort on Nohr and leave Hoshido less than Nohr. Based on some of the info translated Nohr will be a lot more diversified, if they put all effort into one version why even make two? I'll be playing both versions anyway but this kind of worries me.

Although this once again brings up a question of how those first 6 chapters will function. Will it be like Hoshido, Nohrm, or the third route. Based on this the maps will function differently based on the version with more complex maps on Nohr. There is also the issue of level gains which could imbalance Nohr if you use it too much. So I am rather curious how those first few chapters work.

In Awakening, you could only really start grinding after chapter 4. My guess is that there will probably not have a world map in the first few chapters (or maybe we'll see a world map, but we'll be taken from one chapter on the world map to another without being able to do anything, like it sometime happened during Awakening.

In Awakening, you could only really start grinding after chapter 4. My guess is that there will probably not have a world map in the first few chapters (or maybe we'll see a world map, but we'll be taken from one chapter on the world map to another without being able to do anything, like it sometime happened during Awakening.

This would be most likely with one map happening after another, Sacred Stones also had that. Considering that a lot is going to need to happen in those first few chapters in order for the split to work, it would make skirmishes difficult from a story perspective.

In Awakening, you could only really start grinding after chapter 4. My guess is that there will probably not have a world map in the first few chapters

But... I... Thought... World Map in General was deconfirmed for Nohr?

I haven't played FE12 or FE3 so I'm not sure how the whole Book 1/Book 2 thing works

Book 1 of FE3 has 20 Chapters. Book 2 has 22-24 depending on how you count the Final Chapters.

Bleh, I hate Nohr's edgy designs, but all these mission objectives...

I have to say I don't like the sound of being able to drop the difficulty midway though.

Well, you probably can rise the difficulty even farther up.

I think they might handle this like Bravely Default did.

And I approve of this. I hope they allow this for the Hoshido campaign as well.

Vincent, I can double check if you want. Got some free time on my hands today! If you're still looking for a second pair of eyes, let me know.

Definitely. This stuff is too important not to get a double (or even triple) look.

From the sounds of it, the difficulty can be adjusted for the other three campaigns too, not just Nohr. Hopefully it can be raised too...

Definitely. This stuff is too important not to get a double (or even triple) look.

From the sounds of it, the difficulty can be adjusted for the other three campaigns too, not just Nohr. Hopefully it can be raised too...

Sure thing, I'll get back to you through Pm in a couple hours. Shouldn't take too long

I know there was something saying that when you buy one of the games and decide to get the other route you can have a save file that lets start at chapter 5 instead of going through the beginning again.

Also if anyone was wonder Tsubaki is confirmed as a male pegusas rider.

post-15011-0-72738000-1430320132_thumb.jpg

"Yamagami reveals a bit more about how the two campaigns came about. Unlike Awakening, which was a “marriage” of the previous games’ best features, the idea for this game was to take the Arran and Samson choice in the first game, Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, to its extreme.

For those who haven’t played that game (or its remake Shadow Dragon), during one mid-game chapter, players have the option to visit one of two villages. Depending on which village they visit, they will either recruit Arran the Paladin or Samson the Hero, but not both."

...please tell me that this doesn't mean it'll come down to choosing one character over another.

I'm going to be so OCD about grabbing every character.

"Yamagami reveals a bit more about how the two campaigns came about. Unlike Awakening, which was a “marriage” of the previous games’ best features, the idea for this game was to take the Arran and Samson choice in the first game, Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, to its extreme.

For those who haven’t played that game (or its remake Shadow Dragon), during one mid-game chapter, players have the option to visit one of two villages. Depending on which village they visit, they will either recruit Arran the Paladin or Samson the Hero, but not both."

...please tell me that this doesn't mean it'll come down to choosing one character over another.

I'm going to be so OCD about grabbing every character.

The official site says the characters you can recruit change depending on the campaign. I'm afraid you'll need to buy both campaigns or use RAM hacking (which isn't possible for 99% of people).

You're choosing multiple characters over others... As vincent says. The characters will vary between the versions, you'll likely see both sides characters in the story, but you'll only get to play with the ones of the side you have chosen.

Bleh, I hate Nohr's edgy designs, but all these mission objectives...

I have to say I don't like the sound of being able to drop the difficulty midway though.

I actually like the ability to change difficulty provided it works both ways like Bravely Default.

Nohr sounds awesome. Thank god. The length of each game sounds fine to me, pretty standard and it's probably not counting side chapters.

I still don't like how they've essentially decided the new fans absolutely wouldn't buy a harder/less grindy game, it's not even true as there are plenty of new fans more interested in Nohr and old fans interested in Hoshido. Hope casual/classic versions doesn't become a trend.

The official site says the characters you can recruit change depending on the campaign. I'm afraid you'll need to buy both campaigns or use RAM hacking (which isn't possible for 99% of people).

I understand that, but I meant something more towards a choice.

Such as, despite which side you're on, you're asked which character you wish to recruit. THEN I would find conflict with gaining every character.

I plan on, eventually, having both versions of the game. Therefor, in a sense, having all characters. But if given the choice in choosing between two different characters, despite your path, yes, I could choose to recruit one on one side and one on the other, I'd still feel like, "Hrmm... But I want him/her, too!"

And again: I feel like once you finish Nohr, that's it. Since there's nothing to do grind-wise, or what we assume will be skirmish-wise, you beat the game, that's it. I feel like all the hard work up to that point is for nothing: I can't tell you how many times I've done random arisen encounters on Awakening, even though I've already beat Grima: it's still entertaining. Which, I think is why I'll be rooting for Hosido: It's looking like it's hinted this sorta thing will be with that version.