Yubello, Reclass and statboosters, a weird question

So I was think one day about how Yubello is actually lower than the base magic and I was wondering if I just found an "exploit" to give him a proper magic stat, but I'm not sure if it works, here what I'm wondering: If you reclass a base stat Yubello to any class with a base zero magic, give him a spirit dust, then reclass him back to a Mage what happens? I imagine that since the spirit dust would increase his magic stat by 2 and reclass to mage would give him the mage class bonus of 3 his magic would become 5, giving him a proper magic stat, though I wonder if the game designers thought of this and it somehow doesn't work.

Also side rant, Yubello got screwed in FE12, it annoys how the makers of FE12 decided to upscale magic of every single mage EXCEPT for Yubello, he wasn't great in FE3, but his power stat was actually just base Power for a mage, and 50% Pow completely ridicolous for a mage (Wendell, Ellerean and the final chapter bishops all had 10%, Linde, Yumina and Merric had 20%, Mallesia had 30%), if the game designers were to actually properly adjust his magic his base should be 3, and his magic growth should honestly be around 80% which is ridiclous but no more so than it was in FE3.

his absolute mag base is -2, which isn't affected by reclassing. He'd technically have -1 Mag as a Curate but obviously, game has a bottom cap of zero. If you give him a Dust, his absolute Magic would be 0, so he'd have 1 as a Curate and 3 as a Mage. 0 in any physical class.

EDIT: Even if what you mentioned in your side rant would be the case, Yubello would be terrible since he still wouldn't deal much damage. He can't double and 10 Atk with Shaver, the strongest usable-by-males tome by that point, is bad and I have a hunch it'd be hard to train even in normal mode.

Edited by Gradivus.

his absolute mag base is -2, which isn't affected by reclassing. He'd technically have -1 Mag as a Curate but obviously, game has a bottom cap of zero. If you give him a Dust, his absolute Magic would be 0, so he'd have 1 as a Curate and 3 as a Mage. 0 in any physical class.

EDIT: Even if what you mentioned in your side rant would be the case, Yubello would be terrible since he still wouldn't deal much damage. He can't double and 10 Atk with Shaver, the strongest usable-by-males tome by that point, is bad and I have a hunch it'd be hard to train even in normal mode.

If this something your guessing or have you tested this, not doubting you but just wondering, if that's true that really sucks.

I know he'd still he horrible but at least in a casual playthrough being the only sage that caps magic on average (if I did my mental math correctly) gives him SOME niche that makes training seem remotely worthwhile

Edited by weso12

Did test it, it doesn't work.

Capping Mag doesn't really matter anywhere, the only high mag benchmarks I recall are 24 Mag as a Sage (ORKO C20 Heroes on H3 with a Levin Sword + Swordmaster) and 27 to OHKO H3 Gharnef by critting. With the drill grounds and 3 Spirit dusts before C20 (6 before C23), reaching those is a cakewalk for non-yubello mages since they can get EXP easily. I wouldn't really call it worthwhile in any aspect, since it doesn't make things easier anywhere and is a pain to achieve.

Edited by Gradivus.