Does this games rating have you worried?

Snowy_One

I think it being today is a large part of it though. We can show a lot more visually then we could back then. Sprites just moving back and forth and one disappearing is a lot less graphic than actually seeing 3D models get punctured with arrows or actually seeing someone commit suicide. I think it's a mixture of the themes and what technology can display in hand with these themes that will ultimately achieve a higher rating.

This is also very true. I doubt we'll get bloody emblem, but yeah. The themes and what is shown could be quite the sight.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not in the least. As I said in the general discussion, it's probably doesn't signify anything except maybe some staff changes. If anything, it could just be Porcupine the First's death scene that bumped it up; Japan isn't a fan of violence. For example, every single game in the Monster Hunter series has received a Cero C15+.

(And here's some trivia: when FE4 was re-released on the JP virtual console, it received a Cero A, equivalent to the "E" rating.)

Edited by Leon of Nohr

I think it being today is a large part of it though. We can show a lot more visually then we could back then. Sprites just moving back and forth and one disappearing is a lot less graphic than actually seeing 3D models get punctured with arrows or actually seeing someone commit suicide. I think it's a mixture of the themes and what technology can display in hand with these themes that will ultimately achieve a higher rating.

Derp, I'm actually not sure if sprites wass the right term to refer to Judgral as I was more talking about the GBA games. Still, I don't think the graphics of the super famicom were that better, if at all, than the GBA.

I'm definitely inclined to agree with this. Take the example of pokemon. Here in Europe the main games have been given the 3 rating(i.e. the lowest possible) since the dawn of time. However in XY and ORAS they moved from sprites to 3D models. That means, in addition to attack and idle animations, pokemon now have "I'm being hit with an attack" and "fainting" animations that they didn't have in previous generations.

XY and ORAS are no different content-wise to the last 20-odd pokemon games, especially blatant as ORAS is a remake. However, these games received a 7 rating instead, the next one up from 3.

Likewise, this FE could be no different content-wise than any others, except that now the pre-rendered cutscenes will show up more often. As a result, certain scenes will be shown much more graphically than before. A simple art-style shift in the storytelling may me responsible for bumping the rating up.

I love how most of you guys went: "Darker story most likely"

While I went: "GAY MARRIAGE IS R-- Oh,Darker Story,err,yeah,that sounds more likely. Wooo!"

Because I love darker stories,but I do also love me some light stories,though I do prefer a story with a sort of mix. :) Also,I was totally jumping to conclusions when I saw that rating... ^//^

Not particularly, ratings are there to cover the most explicit thing present. Something could be incredibly kid friendly otherwise, but an f-bomb would shoot the rating right up. I don't think a higher rating will mean we'll be left with Grand Theft Emblem.

Grand Theft Emblem is a wonderful idea, get to it! :P:

This trailer could easily be an M-rated game, just for a dark and gritty story. I don't imagine them dropping any f-bombs, though.

It usually takes a lot more than that!

Game ratings are largely subjective. The fact that a team at Cero thinks that the game is more appropriate for 15 year olds than 12 year olds does not mean much. In all likelihood, this game will not be much different from other FE games. Don't go crazy with your imaginations.

. . .and there we go! It could be a combination of "showing stuff that was only conveyed through text in previous FE games", better graphics, or a CERO team that's playing it safe for some reason.

---

Imagine if the cutscenes in FE4 were fully animated, as opposed to map sprites and words. Pretty sure a certain mid-game scene would net a C rating. :P:

I highly doubt THIS FE will be M-rated. The core gameplay looks the same, as do the Awakening-style battle animations. Thus, any change would have to come from the story scenes. It would take a pretty drastic combination of story and graphics to bump it to M, which is why I think it'll be ported with a T rating.

I personally think this game's rating is a good thing. If Fe4 and 5 had been released in English, they probably would have gotten a higher rating as well, and those had some of the best stories in the series.

I love how most of you guys went: "Darker story most likely"

While I went: "GAY MARRIAGE IS R-- Oh,Darker Story,err,yeah,that sounds more likely. Wooo!"

If that's the reason, I'll gladly except a rating bump (even though the fact that that would warrant a rating rise is ridiculous but that's a whole nother argument).

• 2 months later...

The only thing I am worried about is that being a yougd 11 year old Fire emblem fanatic. It would kill me too have to miss out on a new game because of an age rating. Fire Emblem Amie doesnt help either...

The only thing I am worried about is that being a yougd 11 year old Fire emblem fanatic. It would kill me too have to miss out on a new game because of an age rating. Fire Emblem Amie doesnt help either...

I feel you, man. I suppose there isn't much you can really do other than waiting a few years for the game(by which point you will likely be over it). In most situations, I would advise that you explain to your parents(or whomever your legal guardians are) WHY this game's rating is so high, but in this case it would likely just make things worse.

As a teenager with semi-strict parents, I would be freaking salty if it got an M rating. Fortunately, I think we can safely say that it won't be the case.

As a teenager with semi-strict parents, I would be freaking salty if it got an M rating. Fortunately, I think we can safely say that it won't be the case.

maybe someone would be willing to help you out with that? just need to hide the rating on the box :D

Just saying Sims(Particularly Sims 3)has a T rating and that has sex(while censored), pretty skimpy underwear and swimsuits, an adjustable breast slider etc..

I don't think we have to worry much about the dressing up mechanic.

As for the amie lines, NoA will either butcher them like they did with PIE!!!!, or just make them less lewd.

The highest rating this could get is at least a T with the recommendation of 13/15 up.