Blurry pic of Nohr's Dark Knight(?) prince (Leon)

VincentASM

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon is such a great name for him imho (the FF2 connections definitely help), but I've studied the image for a while now, and I can't see anything besides ヒキン, which is a far more disappointing name choice if it's true.

Hikin, maybe Hekain? Hikeen? I don't know.

Here's to hoping that it IS Leon.

Just to clarify for a new page, besides the blurry pic, there have been a handful of Japanese fans who saw the display and they all stated that his name is Leon.

I am watching the Japanese social media in case there are any better pics, but I will probably be asleep before they wake up again XD

So we now have (probably) 3 of the 4 Nohr family with confirmed names. All we need is Twintails I think. I think that she kinda looks a bit like an Ursula or Anastasia or Mimi to me.

No mention of Aimee and Amy? Who are both in the SAME GAME no less? :P

Anyway, I never expected the blond mage guy to be named Leon. He doesn't look anything like a Leon to me. But that might be because the only Leons I've known were dark skinned boys...

You don't have to personally know a Leon to say he looks like one. Are you unfamiliar with Resident Evil's Leon S. Kennedy?

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one thinking this. FF2 rocks.

I first thought about Tales of Destiny, then Garo.

Strange thing is I played FF2 but not ToD (though I played the Narikiri Dungeon games...).

Posted · Hidden by Florete, May 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, May 6, 2015 - No reason given

If we now have Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky, and Kamui is leading a revolution on the Nohr path...

Could you call it a kamuinist revolution?

i'm here all week

facepalm.gif

Jk good one Kamrade

shaq.gif

You don't have to personally know a Leon to say he looks like one. Are you unfamiliar with Resident Evil's Leon S. Kennedy?

I've heard the name before, but never seen this character. So no, not familiar. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Google actually gives me results for a woman named Camila from Chile who is a member of the communist youth of Chile. (I don't actually think that is who she would be referencing, I did think it was kinda funny though lol. Mostly mentioning her because she is apparently notable(?) enough to have a wikipedia page.)

Camilla Ravera was a founding italian communist

Since we're on the topic of communism, there's this thing I found while searching "Kamui"

this is actually pretty interesting

japanese guy who fled his family to (maybe?) become a communist?!

anyways...basically what I'm getting here is:

Nohr Route: Marx and Leon forcefully second-seal the entire nation to Villager, thus creating a classless utopia.

I think people are making big assumptions on this whole "communist" theme. I'll grant you Marx but Leon is not an exclusive name. In a movement as large as communism, you're sure to find matching names for... anything. We have a pattern of one, so far.

Nohr Route: Marx and Leon forcefully second-seal the entire nation to Villager, thus creating a classless utopia.

Animal Crossing Villager, right?

I think people are making big assumptions on this whole "communist" theme. I'll grant you Marx but Leon is not an exclusive name. In a movement as large as communism, you're sure to find matching names for... anything. We have a pattern of one, so far.

Considering that Marx is also the name of a Kirby villain, I'm not so sure that "Marx" counts as as an "exclusive name".

Oh, and you can't have a pattern of one. In fact, two isn't even enough for a pattern.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

So, I sharpened and brightened the image of the katakana for Blarth's real name, and I added ヒキン for comparison.

Even if his name IS リオン, I won't be convinced until I see a clearer image ?

(Im on my phone right now, so sorry about the picture)

Edit: There's a possibility it could also be ヒキレ (hikire; Hekiray?), which would be....worse? Either way it'd be a terror to translate into a coherent name.

post-12578-0-42479900-1430965616_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

It could be Reon レオン.

It very well could be, then his name would be romanized to Rayon/Leyon (amongst other interchangable romanizations), which at least looks cooler than the more plain Leon.

But something about that middle character seems (to me, at least) much too thin to be オ, however that could just be chalked up to stylization or the blurryness.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

It very well could be, then his name would be romanized to Rayon/Leyon (amongst other interchangable romanizations), which at least looks cooler than the more plain Leon.

What about Léon? (that is the sound é makes here right?)

Edited by L95

What about Léon? (that is the sound é makes right?)

Honestly, that seems like the most probable one so far, what with the European flare Nohr has going on.

Bonus points if he ends up with an out-of-place French accent.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95