Blurry pic of Nohr's Dark Knight(?) prince (Leon)

VincentASM

It very well could be, then his name would be romanized to Rayon/Leyon (amongst other interchangable romanizations), which at least looks cooler than the more plain Leon.

But something about that middle character seems (to me, at least) much too thin to be オ, however that could just be chalked up to stylization or the blurryness.

Even if it's レオン instead of リオン, it doesn't change the fact that the name Leon is still written in katakana as レオン even though リオン is much closer sounding ( "ey" vs "ee" ). I checked with the original kana of Leon S. Kennedy (RE), Leonardo B. Harway (Fate/Extra), and Squall Leon (KH). All of them are written with the レ character so it's unlikely we'll get something different

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had no idea about the katakana in those examples! I guess that kinda makes this case solved, with the end result being what was first established (at least until we get a clean version of the picture that shows his name is actually something completely left-field). Apologies for dragging this naming thing out farther than it needed to go (-///-)

(Btw the only katakana writing of Leon Ive ever noticed was Leon Magnus from Tales of Destiny, which was リオン.)

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

You're fine!!! I just wanted to make sure because I've only ever seen Leo(n) written with レ and I'd never really questioned it until this thread because writing it as リ makes a lot more sense. ^^;

I'm interested in what it says above the name though - it's too blurry/there's too much glare to read the kana, and I'm unfamiliar with how promotional setups usually work, so would it just be something like "Anya Okoku Otouto" or something like that? I'm pretty sure I can make out the kana for okoku, and I assume the kanji before reads anya, but the following kanji don't look like they contain 弟 (otouto). Or perhaps it does, but there's still one more character unaccounted for?

EDIT: this probably isn't the place for it, but since I'm on the topic of translations - if there's anything anyone needs translated, I'd be happy to help! I can't guarantee it won't be a slightly awkward translation, especially since I lost my editor, but I'm pretty good with written Japanese, and I enjoy the practice (fire emblem stuff is also a lot more fun to do compared to the hell that is VNs)

Edited by Meltlilith

EDIT: this probably isn't the place for it, but since I'm on the topic of translations - if there's anything anyone needs translated, I'd be happy to help! I can't guarantee it won't be a slightly awkward translation, especially since I lost my editor, but I'm pretty good with written Japanese, and I enjoy the practice (fire emblem stuff is also a lot more fun to do compared to the hell that is VNs)

Get thee to the Cipher topic, the more translators the better! :P:

Ahem. . .I can see how it's レオン in the picture - if the camera was moved up/down during the shot itself.

For translation requests. . .in the large poster shot, smack in the middle, there's a black/white bit that seems to depict Nohr/Hoshido. Can someone translate the "headlines" in each block? I see something about light in the Nohr side.

For translation requests. . .in the large poster shot, smack in the middle, there's a black/white bit that seems to depict Nohr/Hoshido. Can someone translate the "headlines" in each block? I see something about light in the Nohr side.

It's probably this. A lot of texts seem to be copy-pasted directly from the main site.

Get thee to the Cipher topic, the more translators the better! :P:

Ahem. . .I can see how it's レオン in the picture - if the camera was moved up/down during the shot itself.

I'll head on over! Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm assuming the really big words up top?

The white text is "Anata ga erabu tatakai." -> "You choose the battle." The black text is "Anata ga tsukamu mirai." -> "You seize the distant future."

EDIT: Yes, it is the same as the website.

Edited by Meltlilith

If we now have Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky, and Kamui is leading a revolution on the Nohr path...

Could you call it a kamuinist revolution?

i'm here all week

HAH! Goodness, I love a good pun.

Not sure how I feel about this communist theme, but if it's done well then I suppose it could be interesting. It'll also be fascinating to see how different the characters will act when you fight against them, since we can assume this revolution won't happen in Nohr while playing on the Hoshido side, or at least it won't be successful.

I'm interested in what it says above the name though - it's too blurry/there's too much glare to read the kana, and I'm unfamiliar with how promotional setups usually work, so would it just be something like "Anya Okoku Otouto" or something like that? I'm pretty sure I can make out the kana for okoku, and I assume the kanji before reads anya, but the following kanji don't look like they contain 弟 (otouto). Or perhaps it does, but there's still one more character unaccounted for?

It looks a bit like "Anya Oukoku Ouji (暗夜王国王子)." From what I can tell, at least. :/ So basically what was reported in the OP; he's a Prince of Nohr.

Edited by Sardonic

So since were all up for starting a communist revolution I guess I'll name my Kamui Lenin in that case.

Also that awful looking blue haired Kamui on the OP picture, god it looks horrible xD.

It looks a bit like "Anya Oukoku Ouji (暗夜王国王子)." From what I can tell, at least. :/ So basically what was reported in the OP; he's a Prince of Nohr.

Ah, makes sense! Thank you ^^

So since were all up for starting a communist revolution I guess I'll name my Kamui Lenin in that case.

Also that awful looking blue haired Kamui on the OP picture, god it looks horrible xD.

I feel you, although the blue haired Kamui on the right looks okay, maybe? (It might just be that it's blurry and has half his (her?) face covered by hair lmao)

Leon? His pose on the site makes him look as crazy as Lyon, so I'm down. And I can totally see pigtails being named Lenina, Lenia or even Anastasia lol. If that's blue-haired mohawk Kamui then I'm already excited for character customization.

Edited by Venterqua

Honestly, that seems like the most probable one so far, what with the European flare Nohr has going on.

Bonus points if he ends up with an out-of-place French accent.

Le Blond Léon ?

To me, Leon is the guy from Langrisser II / Der Langrisser. He's a blond cavalier on the Empire's side that's very stern but not evil. He's a reoccurring enemy (if you go on the Light side) that's absolutely terrifying to face with his own theme song. If this Leon doesn't match Langrisser Leon, I feel I'll be disapointed with him!

Leon! I am personally quite partial to that name, so I'll be quite pleased if that is indeed his name.

Although the whole 'communism theme' thing has me wondering, what if Norh is already under a communist type regime and this is why Marx and Kamui are working to overthrow the king? It makes sense in my mind.

Also, that mohawked Kamui has me super excited for character customization. DIVERSE HAIRSTYLES!

And I can totally see pigtails being named Lenina, Lenia or even Anastasia

My entire kingdom for this to happen, even though I'm hoping she's named something else. Damn my Don Bluth fangirlism.

Leon! I am personally quite partial to that name, so I'll be quite pleased if that is indeed his name.

Although the whole 'communism theme' thing has me wondering, what if Norh is already under a communist type regime and this is why Marx and Kamui are working to overthrow the king? It makes sense in my mind.

Also, that mohawked Kamui has me super excited for character customization. DIVERSE HAIRSTYLES!

My entire kingdom for this to happen, even though I'm hoping she's named something else. Damn my Don Bluth fangirlism.

Your kingdom for a horse-riding girl named Anastasia ?

Your kingdom for a horse-riding girl named Anastasia ?

Aha, clever.

^ hmm dosen't quite fit the communist theme but maybe Catherine would also work.

Pfft, had to make that joke huh?

Maybe the purple-haired man is their (Marx's, Camilla's, Leon's, and Oni-Chan-Girl's) uncle, and their mother (The purple-haired guy's sister) has purple hair too. I mean in Fire Emblem, different hair-colors doesn't mean they aren't related, and the same hair color doesn't mean they are.

Maybe the purple-haired man is their (Marx's, Camilla's, Leon's, and Oni-Chan-Girl's) uncle, and their mother (The purple-haired guy's sister) has purple hair too. I mean in Fire Emblem, different hair-colors doesn't mean they aren't related, and the same hair color doesn't mean they are.

Maybe it has crossed my mind, as have possible half siblings but still she just seems that she has a lot of differences in theme compared to the rest of the family, her box art position, her riding a wyvern instead of a horse, completely different hair colour,( yes i know its FE but one of 4 being different and the other the same doesn't seem to quite fit to me), the great knight guy with similar hair (though your theory does explain this one). Also she seems to share elements with the archer dude, both seem kinda separate in the box art, and are in the same position during the chose a side cutscene, they also share not quite fitting hair colours, but in the TCG art they aren't matched so i wonder why they seem to share elements, if they aren't hyped as rivals/counterparts.

Edited by goodperson707

Maybe it has crossed my mind, as have possible half siblings but still she just seems that she has a lot of differences in theme compared to the rest of the family, her box art position, her riding a wyvern instead of a horse, completely different hair colour,( yes i know its FE but one of 4 being different and the other the same doesn't seem to quite fit to me), the great knight guy with similar hair (though your theory does explain this one). Also she seems to share elements with the archer dude, both seem kinda separate in the box art, and are in the same position during the chose a side cutscene, they also share not quite fitting hair colours, but in the TCG art they aren't matched so i wonder why they seem to share elements, if they aren't hyped as rivals/counterparts.

I suppose everyone will have their own theories, and we won't know the real answer until we wish to spoil the game or we get it here. About Leon and his name, I feel that it is strangely fitting for a Dark Knight and his design overall is my favorite design so far, even if he looks a little insane.

^ yeah its just a theroy im not even that attached to it i was mainly posting it becasue leon being confirmed as related dosent actually affect it at all IMO,

But i do really like the name it goes well with what we know of him. I like it even without the FF2 thing, and the fact that Lyon does have similar enough for FE hair colour compared to Camilla.

^ yeah its just a theroy im not even that attached to it i was mainly posting it becasue leon being confirmed as related dosent actually affect it at all IMO,

But i do really like the name it goes well with what we know of him. I like it even without the FF2 thing, and the fact that Lyon does have similar enough for FE hair colour compared to Camilla.

As for my theory, if you look closely at Oni-Chan Girl's hair, you can see thin purple strands.

The reason I feel that Leon is fitting is because it seems to feel like what someone who, although silent and distant, can be caring to those close to them, which for some reason is how I feel he will act.