Shouzou Kaga Announces New SRPG Studio Indie Project!

Arch

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Those inept at strategy RPGs cannot beat the game" worries me a little since I'm not the best at Fire Emblem anyways.

It seems your only option is to get good, scrub.

I take it to mean there's no super-powerful unit or something similar that will allow you to win chapters without thinking.

It says a walkthrough will be provided, so that suggests the difficulty's not so extreme that you need luck to win.

The whole minimized RNG thing sounds interesting. "Those inept at strategy RPGs cannot beat the game" worries me a little since I'm not the best at Fire Emblem anyways.

That actually hypes me quite a lot. I can't wait for this game! And is that a female axe user on foot?!

I also really hope it gets translated asap!

The "memory game" thing worries me a bit, I admit, especially since the chapters are supposed to be long. I'm imagining myself spending two hours getting to the end of a chapter, only for attacking the boss to trigger the appearance of a group of enemies wielding Killing Edges that act immediately, killing off some units I thought were safe.

...Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm still looking forward to the game quite a bit, though. I want to see the kind of game Shouzou Kaga will make after all these years away from Fire Emblem, and how it will compare to the series since he left. I've always wondered what it would look like if he had stuck around.

You can save mid-chapter. I forgot the exact timing, but it's something like every 5 turns like in Berwick Saga.

The "memory game" reference isn't anything to do with difficulty I think. Er, maybe the "bullet-hell shooter" bit I added in the explanation might be the worrying bit instead? I'll replace it with something more vague XD

You can save mid-chapter. I forgot the exact timing, but it's something like every 5 turns like in Berwick Saga.

The "memory game" reference isn't anything to do with difficulty I think. Er, maybe the "bullet-hell shooter" bit I added in the explanation might be the worrying bit instead? I'll replace it with something more vague XD

Oh, I didn't know that. Being able to save mid-chapter makes me less worried.

I don't think it was the "memory game" or "bullet-hell shooter" parts that had me worried on their own, but seeing those alongside talk about the game being difficult. I'm not familiar with the term, but I thought I understood it well enough; I just found myself imagining a tough strategy game where players need to learn patterns to succeed would be more frustrating than engaging.

Then again, I'm having trouble seeing how fighting games qualify, so... I dunno. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

The "memory game" thing worries me a bit, I admit, especially since the chapters are supposed to be long. I'm imagining myself spending two hours getting to the end of a chapter, only for attacking the boss to trigger the appearance of a group of enemies wielding Killing Edges that act immediately, killing off some units I thought were safe.

...Hopefully I'm wrong.

You know, this is one thing that Kaga is infamous for doing. While I like his ideas, some of them are too eccentric or were poorly implemented. I hope he evolved enough to not appeal to fake difficulty anymore.

It looks like a game with FE4's maps, except with more events going on and a lot of things to do. This will be interesting if he implements his ideas well, otherwise it's going to be a pain of playing for a long time and then resetting because of a new event that screwed your plans.

So is Vestaria Saga going to get it's own section on the site like Berwick/Tearring Saga?

Also, is there any confirmation that we will be getting a fanslation?

Oh we're definitely getting a fan translation at least. All the fans of classic FE who aren't too fond of Awakening/Fates are going to be clamoring for this. Heck, I like Awakening and Fates and I'm super hype for it.

Oh we're definitely getting a fan translation at least. All the fans of classic FE who aren't too fond of Awakening/Fates are going to be clamoring for this. Heck, I like Awakening and Fates and I'm super hype for it.

Coolio,Heck I love Awakening/what I've seen of Fates, and I'm hyped for this

So is Vestaria Saga going to get it's own section on the site like Berwick/Tearring Saga?

Also, is there any confirmation that we will be getting a fanslation?

It depends on how popular the game is ^^

Personally I'd love to include it and its potential sequel, but at the same time I don't want to clutter up the front page too much.

I've played with SRPG Studio more lately. If the only thing provided is the compiled game, I think it's going to be extremely hard to translate it. Everything is compiled in machine-code...

If we have the project files, then we can "easily" translate nearly everything through the in-software interface and some edit in a repository txt file, then recompile.

I've heard that RPG Maker games are pretty easy to decrypt... I don't know much about it myself, but maybe there's hope that something could be done for SRPG Studio.

It would be easier with this help, though. I'm not sure he knows that anyone outside of Japan is really interested in his project, but hopefully we can get his attention and he'll be supportive of the idea.

• 4 weeks later...