Shouzou Kaga Announces New SRPG Studio Indie Project!

Arch

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody help me? How to update SRPG from trial version.

I download RJ153191_trial.zip from main website, but when run srpgs_update_setup, it show error box = japanese!!

Take a screenshot of the error box so someone who knows Japanese can translate it (or copy-paste the text if you can)

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure those are the default graphics of SRPG maker but I have to say it's looking good.

Actually looking forward to this more than Fates, atm.

The portraits and art are lifted from Tearring Saga and Berwick Saga, using as placeholders.

The battle sprites are defaults on SRPG maker though.

Edited by Tryhard

That said, Kaga is currently looking to increase the staff number by two or three additional members from people that are reading his blog. Here are his requirements:

• Someone that loves strategy RPGs and would like to try making one.
  • Be polite and proper.
  • Must have some endurance and time to spare.
  • Someone that really wants to participate in the project.

Man, I would be perfect for this. ...Minus that third point. Also the second. And I don't know Japanese.

Still. Two out of five. That's pretty much perfect.

(But, yeah, I'm looking forward to this a lot, and surprised to hear more so soon. I was worried the project would vanish off the face of the earth, but it seems to be progressing nicely.)

Clamour for a sequel, maybe? XD

BTW, Kaga closed recruitment a few days ago. It looks like he was shocked at the number of hits (hundreds of thousands) to his blog after he posted about his new game.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. Looks rather shoddy so far, but there's plenty of time for smoothing things over, and it's great to see it as an actual functioning thing.

I don't like the engine they used for this game. There is a ton of lag during battle scenes. I don't know if it would be possible to reduce the lag via another script?

Kaga deserves a more sophisticated engine, plus better battle sprites.

I feel like the battle animations in SRPG Studio do look kinda weird. To me, it looks like they paired GBA FE style sprites with Berwick Saga style backgrounds.

Edited by BrightBow