Nintendo Theme Park? It's actually happening!

Jave

Not sure if to put this in Gaming or not, but it's here for now. Fell free to move it if you want, mods.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150507005307/en/Nintendo-Partners-Universal-Parks-Resorts-Create-World%E2%80%99s#.VUu6845_Okq

But yeah, this is pretty big news:

KYOTO, Japan and ORLANDO, Florida (May 7, 2015) – Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.

BRB buying tickets to Florida. What can we expect from this?

Edited by Jave

This looks like the fake press release Zelda Dungeon put up a couple of months ago as a prank, I hope it is real though.

I went to Universal Studios once about eight years ago. I've always wanted to go there again, but it's incredibly far away and expensive. Now I really hope I get the chance again.

Yeah, Taco's got it right, they can have my money too! Especially if some ideas I had come up with in the past for a school project once become a reality because of this park!

Back in high school, in one of my computer classes, we had an assignment where we had to design a theme park with three different themed areas. I picked Nintendo and made the three areas Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. Some of the ride/attraction ideas I came up with:

Super Mario Bros. Racer - A racer roller coaster where it's Mario vs Luigi! Whose train will you ride? Which one will win? Ride to find out!

Luigi's Mansion - A haunted house ride where you get to see Luigi vacuum up ghosts for Professor E. Gadd from right in the middle of the action!

Hyrule Castle - A big castle in the center of the park akin to Disney Magic Kingdom's Cinderella Castle.

I know I had a Daisy themed game to play too. But I don't remember the rest of it! Ugh. But another idea I have now is an F-Zero or Mario Kart-themed race car ride. Race car rides are common in amusement parks! There could also be a Star Fox-themed simulator where it feels just like you're in an arwing shooting stuff.

As for Fire Emblem... That one's a toughie. Oh, a boat ride where you see things from each continent! Tellius's area could even have an anamatronic Ike vs Black Knight fight. ^^

Nintendo would be stupid as hell to not do this, tbh. Theres so much money to be made with this concept, they should have done it yesterday. I dont think its a hoax, but ill reserve judgment until i find out more.

Mario.

Kart.

Racers.

Death Mountain Roller Coaster.

Kirby's Air Ride.

Metroid Blasters.

The possibilities are endless.

I could see a VR type ride for F-zero kinda like the Star Wars ride from MGM in Disney. But hey if they made a high speed rollercoaster model of classic Big Blue or Mute City with that rock theme I'd be like hell yes.

^VR type thing? I don't quite get it. Is that like the race car simulator ride thing in Epcot? I forget the name of it... But you design a car and you get to simulate it by riding an actual car around a track really fast.

^VR type thing? I don't quite get it. Is that like the race car simulator ride thing in Epcot? I forget the name of it... But you design a car and you get to simulate it by riding an actual car around a track really fast.

That was Test Track that was more of an actual ride.

Here's Star Tours from MGM its a ship you go into and the screen comes up and it moves around like it would. The build up to it is pretty cool too with all the droids and space controls in line. You can't get the sense of motion from the vid obviously but take my word it feels pretty amazing. The screen is also in 3D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkje4nxixrA&spfreload=10

A better example would be Mission to Mars as that one actually simulates the gravity and is semi interactive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLM-uy4dQdw&spfreload=10

You got a point there I could see a Starfox ride like that simulating the gravity and everything and I guess a VR thing like Star Tours would suit Metroid rather well having Ridley come at you in 3D or fighting Mother Brain. The wait line could even be epic. Imagine waiting in line to the Brinstar Depths music with metroids held inside test tubes and lights flickering on and off with lab results flashing on the screens.

I'd truly love to visit the amusement park. However, I probably can't as I can't afford going from Maryland all the way to Florida. And it's possible that the merch that can be found at ordinary retailers can be more expensive at the amusement park.

I'd truly love to visit the amusement park. However, I probably can't as I can't afford going from Maryland all the way to Florida. And it's possible that the merch that can be found at ordinary retailers can be more expensive at the amusement park.

See now you're speaking business language. Amiibo exclusives sold only at the park for $30. In the words of Anna Cha-ching!

See now you're speaking business language. Amiibo exclusives sold only at the park for $30. In the words of Anna Cha-ching!

Amusement park exclusive goods is pretty much a given and can easily attract more guests (namely collectors and scalpers). Amiibo exclusives would probably feature popular characters though I can't put it past Nintendo to put in merch of franchises that would be recognized and known by more devoted fans.

It can be cool if they were to sell older games/systems though that can be a pipe dream.