Something I noticed

TKHikaru13

So there's something I noticed about two of the characters. They share a name.

Our older Norh sister is named Camilla. She appears to be a wyvern rider.

On the Hoshidan side, we have a pegasus knight by the name of Tsubaki. Tsubaki is the Japanese word for for a flower called...Camilla.

While the kana is obviously different, I find the fact that two of our flying classes are named the same thing to be rather interesting.

Are Camilla and Tsubaki foils to each other? Is there a duality theme in IF we're not picking up on?

I know this is potentially grasping at straws here, but it seems a bit too coincidental that these two have the same name.

Oh, interesting. I wonder if blond sis will be named something related to Sakura (Cherry blossoms, right?)

I'm actually hoping twintails gets named something similar to Sakura as well if only to keep up with the theme.

....What does personality have to do with two opposing characters having the 'same' name?

I meant that the main family members shown so far seem to have a counterpart that is somewhat similar them in some way or another so i want to see if each pair have a similar personality or relationship with Kamui.

This is a cool fact, but Tsubaki and Camilla are not counterparts. Camilla's counterpart is Hinoka, the other Pegasus Knight.

If you don't believe me, just search "Fire Emblem If Camilla vs. Hinoka." Keep your eyes on the top row and if you look right, you'll see official artwork of them fighting.

Once again, interesting observation.

EDIT: Sorry for the temporary wall of text I had, that was the first time I tried posting an image. To add insult to injury, it wouldn't let me post the image anyways.

Edited by ShadowKnight394

This is a cool fact, but Tsubaki and Camilla are not counterparts. Camilla's counterpart is Hinoka, the other Pegasus Knight.

If you don't believe me, just search "Fire Emblem If Camilla vs. Hinoka." Keep your eyes on the top row and if you look right, you'll see official artwork of them fighting.

Once again, interesting observation.

Yeah got those two mixed up

Better just keep this threads discussion about the names

Yeah got those two mixed up

Better just keep this threads discussion about the names

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I wonder why their names are so similar though, and if any other characters have similar names like this when translated into English. It could just be a coincidence, though.

These names are actually not related at all. Tsubaki translates to Camellia, not Camilla. Camellia is a genus of plants that includes the tea plant as well as several other flowering plants. The name Camilla comes from the Latin male name Camillus, which comes from Etruscan and its meaning (if it ever had one) is lost to time.

Oh no, say it isn't so!

Or it could mean only Camilla is connected to time in some way?

Obviously she has special time powers that make her completely badass, like slowing time, or making time duplicates (more than one Camilla heh,heh),extra turns,Ect

Or I'm just twisting Dan's words in a sleep deprived attempt at humour

Camillus' meaning has been lost with time. Sorry for unclearness. Nobody knows what it means, if it ever meant anything at all.

When I hear Camilla I think of the vampire (technically Carmilla). Probably because the first time I remember hearing the name is in Castlevania where they sometimes call her Camilla.

I hope FE Camilla is a vampire.

When I hear Camilla I think of the vampire (technically Carmilla). Probably because the first time I remember hearing the name is in Castlevania where they sometimes call her Camilla.

I associate her with the vampire too. I always thought the things on her head were supposed to be like cute little bat ears.

That reminds me that I'd like Orochi to be part Manakete.