Hey everyone! Welcome to another awesome FE12 playthrough by me, PKL! This time, I will be tackling Maniac Mode again but with no growths. In my quest to be like dondon...be a LTC master improve at this game there will be no growths this time!

So, the rules:

1. Maniac Mode (H2) Difficulty. Classic Mode.

2. Rainbow Potion and Bond Drop are allowed. Growth Drop is banned.

3. Lunatic is assumed to have been played, so Lunatic statboosters will be available.

4. Mixed Class Sets for Male Units are allowed.

5. I will be playing through the game as fast as possible but if a chapter is deemed too difficult to LTC for the challenge, stalling is fair game.

6. Full Recruitment.

7. No permanent unit deaths allowed.

8. How's everyone is super banned.

9. Strategies must be a little bit reliable at least.

Went with Orphan for Max Str. Makes it easier to hit important kill benchmarks throughout the Prologue.

Went with Skl/Spd for the next best thing. I wish I could have both +2 str and +2 Spd. +2 Spd lets MU not get doubled by some P8 Thieves but that's not as important as hitting 1 point harder. It makes a ton of difference.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOyEd86YwZleBp734zsUeZXpSe8Vxu7jd

Turncounts so far:

Chapter        Turns    Rescue    Hammerne    Thief    Warp    Again    Rescue    Again
P1                 2                                       
P2                 3                                      
P3                 3                                             
P4A                4                                      
P5                 3                                     
P6O                3                                      
P7C                3                                      
P8                 7                                      
C1                 6                                      
C2                 6                                      
C3                17                                      
C3x                6                                      
C4                 5       4/5                            
C5                 9       3/5         3/3                
C6                 5       2/5         3/3                
C6x                2       2/5         3/3                
C7                 5       2/5         3/3                
C8                 3       1/5         3/3                
C9                 5       4/5         2/3      5/5       
C10                2       4/5         2/3      5/5       
C10x               1       4/5         2/3      5/5       
C11                6       3/5         2/3      5/5       
C12                6       3/5         2/3      5/5       
C13                6       3/5         2/3      5/5       
C13x               2       3/5         2/3      5/5       
C14                2       1/5         2/3      4/5     4/7      3/3
C15                1       1/5         2/3      4/5     3/7      3/3
C16                3       1/5         2/3      2/5     3/7      3/3       5/5
C16x               2       1/5         2/3      2/5     3/7      2/3       5/5
C17                5       1/5         2/3      2/5     3/7      1/3       5/5
C18                2       1/5         2/3      2/5     3/7      1/3       4/5
C19                4       0/5         1/3      2/5     6/7      1/3       3/5
C20                1
C20x               4
C21                2
C22                1
C23                1
Endgame            1

Total Turns so far 149
Edited by PKL

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palla for quite awhile. Katarina for later.

I see. Won't base ranks be even better in this case?

I could see Arran and Sirius being quite clutch too. Hell Jeorge and his good bow rank, Merrics decent tome rank. Etc

I see. Won't base ranks be even better in this case?

I could see Arran and Sirius being quite clutch too. Hell Jeorge and his good bow rank, Merrics decent tome rank. Etc

*Etzel's time rank

I doubt Merric is gonna see much use when Etzel exists :P

Yeah Leiden and Darros are probably gonna be mad good too.

http://youtu.be/DUHYH4i8HlQ

Prologue 1 is completed in 2 turns

Jeigan has to dodge one of 2 66% hits from Jagen in order to 2 turn.

Edited by PKL

Prologue 2 to Prologue 4 Athena are up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbZN2kXfC2I

Not worrying about levels for once is awesome. Luke consistently goes for Jeigan thanks to his Lck and Def being at base.

Prologue 2 is completed in 3 turns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWeKLXW3Kc

Jeigan having such low Def makes it so the Fighter prefers him over everyone else. Quite convenient really because Jeigan has the best offense in EP by far. Luring Caeda early with Rody saves a turn.

Prologue 3 is completed in 3 turns

Edited by PKL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajfMcOc_-f4

Kind of a tricky chapter to get through as Jeigan has a weapon triangle disadvantage vs most enemy units here. Athena can even ORKO him with little effort. I managed to find a strat that maximizes Caeda exposure on EP without putting her in danger to the Archer. In order for Caeda to survive, at least 1 of the 3 enemies she faces must not get Str.

Prologue 4 Athena is completed in 4 turns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajfMcOc_-f4

Kind of a tricky chapter to get through as Jeigan has a weapon triangle disadvantage vs most enemy units here. Athena can even ORKO him with little effort. I managed to find a strat that maximizes Caeda exposure on EP without putting her in danger to the Archer. In order for Caeda to survive, at least 1 of the 3 enemies she faces must not get Str.Prologue 4 Athena is completed in 4 turns

The logistics of this chapter sound rough. But as you said its a credit to the games design that Caeda can handle stuff if the rest of your army was weak in Prologue at that point.

From our Skype chats you seem to be having a lot of fun with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_1AJaBGH6Q

This one was also rather tricky to figure out as I kept getting short of offense with every strat I tried. I needed Merric Athena and Caeda to be healthy enough to take on the boss in Turn 3 and I also needed enough manpower to take on the Thief and Bandits. In the end, I discovered this strat that let me use Caeda, Merric and Athena's offense in Turn 2 EP while still being healthy enough for Turn 3.

Prologue 5 is completed in 3 turns

I went Ogma route because he's much more useful in the Prologue than Draug. It's a bit harder to LTC and I probably lose a turn here but I make up for it later.

Prologue 6 Ogma is completed in 3 turns

Which prologue is the hardest in your opinion? For 0 growths?

Probably Prologue 8 as usual.

Good Stuff! Made it look really easy lol.

Can't wait for the rest!

:D

The logistics of this chapter sound rough. But as you said its a credit to the games design that Caeda can handle stuff if the rest of your army was weak in Prologue at that point.

From our Skype chats you seem to be having a lot of fun with this.

Indeed I am haha. It's very fun so far~

HI~! Good to see that you're back~!

That means Swordmaster Wendell, and Midia not sucking forever? :P:

Hey there :D

Yeah Wendell is gonna be awesome in this run. Im not sure on how good Midia will be :P

Went Cain Route because I need more bulk in Prologue 8. Getting to Cain with 3 units by Turn 3 was not easy to figure out. Merric got an unexpected crit again vs the Archer near the end. Normally Jeigan would've finished the job and gotten his axe rank up by a bit. I want C Axes by C1 at least to make strats more reliable. Also, I fed the kill to Ogma so it's easier to reach Level 10 with him in case I need to promote him for a strategy in the future. I doubt I need a promoted Ogma but you can never be too sure.

Prologue 7 Cain is completed in 3 turns

Edited by PKL

Uh....halp? I was testing Prologue 8 and..

Athena_zps2k3rl1zd.png

Athena breaking the game.

PKL is synonymous with FE12 at this point sorry Gradivus you're awesome too

This is very entertaining. Good to see you back!

Haha thanks. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Edited by PKL

How often does that Athena proc happen? If it isn't much I'd just rig it away. Derp

What forges do you expect to make? I can see +2ish Wyrmslayers being useful for the Fire / Ice Dragons. And generally, how tight do you expect cash to be?

Edited by Gradivus.

How often does that Athena proc happen? If it isn't much I'd just rig it away. Derp

What forges do you expect to make? I can see +2ish Wyrmslayers being useful for the Fire / Ice Dragons. And generally, how tight do you expect cash to be?

Probably a Bow forge of some sort will be useful. Wyrmslayers, Dragonpikes and Brave Lance as usual. There might be more random +whatever MT forges to make some strats possible too. There's Silver Card in H2 for lowering the C11 Secret Shop costs and lategame statboosters so that's nice. I don't expect to be too tight on cash though. Not having to drill grounds for stat benchmarks for once is awesome. I actually havent planned this extensively yet. Probably gonna wait until just before Rescue to plan warp, rescue and hammerne usages. As for boosters, I only really know what will happen with Katarina and what boosters she needs for lategame/endgame. And that Palla will appreciate Wings/Robes. I also have to keep in mind that Michalis needs some boosters for endgame. Idk where the rest of the boosters will go yet.

Vennobennu posted an update to his patch.

Awesome series so far, looking forward to more, more, more videos.

Yeah, I patched Athena to 0% Growths. Glad you're enjoying the run :)

https://youtu.be/Ye6hfQ5-t1s

The bad thing about Fighter Avatar is how bad he is in some chapters like these. Luckily, I get enough units that can carry me through these chapters like Cain, Caeda, Ogma and Athena. I had to get really creative to beat this chapter as fast as possible. Athena falls short of ORKO'ing the Silver Axe Barbarian and due to how dangerous he is, he can't be alive the next turn. I came up with the merric strategy when I noticed only Merric can finish him off and still be out of range of the next Silver Axe Barbarian. This does put him in range of a mage and a Thief as well as the other Silver Axe Barbarian's Hand Axe. Wrys lures the Hand Axe Barbarian to him though and he always moves first, so Merric is free to chip and tank the Mage and the Thief.

I considered having Cain at full health lure Katarina and the Thieves a turn early, but sadly, he's 2HKO'd by them so he can't really lure them on his own without having to retreat. I gave the Katarina kill to Cain so he's already at Level 10 when he rejoins in Chapter 8. Being able to promote him could come in handy.

Prologue 8 is completed in 7 turns

Making the total turncount for the Prologue: 28 turns

Edited by PKL

Just posting to say that the next vid might take 2-3 days because i'm going to be playing up to Chapter 3 without recording. I really want to find out if the bow forge is needed for this run first before doing Chapter 1 for real. If I do need the forge I can forge it early for a more elegant Chapter 1 strategy.

Neat 7-turn clear! Which of the Prologue characters are/might be getting promoted in the maingame?

Thanks! Ogma Cain and Caeda all are good bets. But I'm not actually sure yet. The units I know for sure want a Master Seal are Palla, Belf and Leiden. Also, turns out I don't really need a Bow forge and it's super easy to see that just from looking at Chapter 2.

https://youtu.be/DnY16eWWtKk

And now the main quest has begun! I start off by reclassing Draug to a Pirate so he can double every generic enemy in the chapter and double Lorenz after a Rainbow Potion use. Gordin goes to Hunter for better offense. Cecille reclasses to Peg Knight so that she can obtain the Bullion (S) from the cave. Luke went Mercenary because Myrmidon doesn't have enough HP+Def to survive a single Barbarian in the chapter and he should ideally block Jeigan's left side so the Barbarian always attacks Jeigan from above (otherwise Jeigan gets ganged up on and dies). Rody stays Cavalier so that he can have enough move to reach the Hunter in Turn 2 and finish him off if Draug misses one of the hits. I buy an Iron Axe for Jeigan so he can hit the 3 enemies he needs to hit reliably. It's cheap enough to buy and increases the reliability a of the chapter by a ton.

Using a Rainbow Potion on Arran allows him to double every generic enemy in the chapter. Rainbow Potion also makes him just barely able to finish off Lorenz in the last turn with Silver Lance. Barbarians have 44-45 Hit on Arran when he's on the fort and considering there's a map save just before that, its very reliable to expect at least one dodge out of 3, which is all he needs to survive.

Chapter 1 is completed in 6 turns

Funds: 9680G

*Iron Axe bought from Prep shop (-320G)

Rainbow Potions: 75/77

Used on Arran and Draug. Crucial for the bosskill.

Edited by PKL