• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any reason you opted for the bosskill rather than talking to him with Marth and getting the Mend staff?

Turn save.

Man, Arran was a real bro in this chapter. Any idea of how long he's going to last before he drops off?

Arran lost his class-specific growths too haha.

Edited by Gradivus.

https://youtu.be/6br3_RKZ0qM

Manipulating the AI makes the chapter so much easier. Some iffy hitrates here and there thanks to Steel Bows and Axes, but otherwise it's a very easy chapter for 0% Growths.

Chapter 2 is completed in 6 turns

Funds: 14680G

*Bullion(S) obtained from previous chapter sold (+5000G)

Rainbow Potions: 74/77

Used on Draug for tanking and weakening Soldiers.

Is there any reason you opted for the bosskill rather than talking to him with Marth and getting the Mend staff?

Having Marth talk to him spend his action so I can't seize that turn. It saves one turn.

rip lorenz

good stuff~ doga and arran putting work!

Yep! Doga and Arran are super clutch!

Man, Arran was a real bro in this chapter. Any idea of how long he's going to last before he drops off?

Probably until Chapter 7 or so I bet.

Lmfao in 0% growths Arran feels great because the playing field has been leveled.

Great clear of C1.

Yeah Arran has always been good but overshadowed due to the Prologue units (especially Avatar) becoming absurd. And thanks :)

Arran lost his class-specific growths too haha.

Yeah, if any unit doesn't mind losing growths, it's Arran :p

What do you all think is more efficient? 2 RP uses or a +1 MT Steel Bow? I need one of the 2 to get rid of a Dracoknight in Turn 3 of Chapter 3. I'm leaning towards +1 MT because I might need all the RP I can get later on...

What do you all think is more efficient? 2 RP uses or a +1 MT Steel Bow? I need one of the 2 to get rid of a Dracoknight in Turn 3 of Chapter 3. I'm leaning towards +1 MT because I might need all the RP I can get later on...

I'd probably say the +1 Mt.

I would go with the Steel Bow Forge too. ~700G is probably not a big deal and this forge will maybe have some use later.

77 RP is pretty generous, but I can't see how much uses you will need later. :P

Yeah the Steel Bow forge would've definetely been wiser. Though I ended up finding out a way to avoid it altogether :)

https://youtu.be/MQSA-RYM7hc

This was quite a long and tedious chapter. The hitrates aren't too bad, but almost none of them can miss in the first few turns (there's more leeway with the second Dracoknight group). Due to how these Dracoknight pulls work, low % crits are also very lethal.

In the end, I didn't need a +1 MT Steel Bow forge or 2 Rainbow Potion uses at all. I avoided them by deploying Cord over Malicia. It does sacrifice 16 turns of free heals, exp and staff rank for Malicia but I'm confident that by the time I need her to promote, she will be Level 10 without this.

After the first few turns are done, the chapter becomes very easy. I fed the bosskill to Catria to get her to Level 10. I suspect there will be many more opportunities to feed her kills before Chapter 6 but there's a map save there to help with the hitrates and it was a good opportunity so I took it.

Chapter 3 is completed in 17 turns

Rainbow Potions: 72/77

Used on Arran to make him even more badass and Draug so he can double and 3HKO Dracoknights.

always bet on Cord

Also, Castor was super helpful earlygame when I did some 0% growths practice on 12. Get those Killer Bow crits and everything goes well.

https://youtu.be/Db6pZOOjO3g

Quite a simple chapter. Arran can also be deployed as a Dracoknight to weaken the armor Marth needs to kill, I just wanted him as a Horseman because it's not a very common class for him and I wanted to do it for lulz. It's such an easy chapter that I can do stuff like that and be fine. Also Linde can use Fire over Aura, in that case, Jeigan needs to hit with the Hammer. I don't really care at all about Aura uses as long as there's at least 2 of them: One for Hardin and one for Medeus.

Chapter 3x is completed in 6 turns

Rainbow Potions: 72/77

Chapter 3x is zzzzzzz. Horseman is such a weird class for Arran.

always bet on Cord

Also, Castor was super helpful earlygame when I did some 0% growths practice on 12. Get those Killer Bow crits and everything goes well.

Hmm I see. Now that you mention him, he does probably deserve deployment for a few chapters.

You should have fed the ballista to Matthis, 0/10 not watching

How do you know I didn't feed the ballista to him then? :p

"In retrospect, I probably should have used the Iron Lance here and not risk her whiffing Javelin. I was just like "I bet the first Iron Lance will whiff and she will die, screw doing this super long chapter again".

Is it bad that this made me laugh out loud?

I'd suggest training Palla's axe rank so she/Xane can use Hammer for the C15/19 bosskills and maybe WTA against Pallies which you have to rout on C19 I think. Unsure if Poleax or Ridersbane forge is better though.

PKLazy should also use [ video ] [ /video ] already

Edited by Gradivus.

"In retrospect, I probably should have used the Iron Lance here and not risk her whiffing Javelin. I was just like "I bet the first Iron Lance will whiff and she will die, screw doing this super long chapter again".

Is it bad that this made me laugh out loud?

*blocks you* Nah, its cool :P

I'd suggest training Palla's axe rank so she/Xane can use Hammer for the C15/19 bosskills and maybe WTA against Pallies which you have to rout on C19 I think. Unsure if Poleax or Ridersbane forge is better though.

PKLazy should also use [ video ] [ /video ] already

There's free Arms Scrolls for that :P . If I have the luxury of using Iron Axe over a stronger weapon I'll do it but I doubt I will be able to even get to D Axes normally. Priority right now is get A Lances asap just for the extra Atk that might mean the difference over a turn shave or not somewhere.

Passing shards around looks pretty damn fun.

Are you feeding kills to Marth to boost his sword rank or also "just for lulz"?

It is :) I love shards.

Yeah, I'm just boosting his sword rank so he can reach Wyrmslayer if the need for that arises during the dragon chapters.

Also, I should review what boosters I will be able to get and what I know I will use them for, right now:

seraph-robe1.png Seraph Robex3 from Lunboosters, 1 from C7, 1 from C11, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 8. Palla likely needs 2 of them for midgame. Katarina wants a few as well for C20x. Unsure of anything else.

energy-drop1.png Energy Dropx3 from Lunboosters, 2 from C11, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 8. Pretty sure I remember Gradivus telling me I needed some of these on Michalis for Medeus. I'm guessing Palla and Minerva are good recipients of some other Energy Drops.

spirit-dust1.png Spirit Dustx3 from Lunboosters, 1 from C11, 1 from C13, 1 from C19, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 9. 6 of them are guaranteed to go on Katarina so she can kill Hardin and do epic stuff as a Levin Swordmaster in C20x (primary combat unit work). 2-3 more of them (depends on how much RP i have left) will be given to her once I get access to C21 Secret Shop so she can cap mag for Medeus.

secret-book1.png Secret Bookx3 from Lunboosters, 1 from C6, 1 from C11, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 8. Pretty sure Katarina will use a lot of them if not all just to boost her crit chances vs Hardin Gharnef and Medeus.

speedwings.png Speedwings x3 from Lunboosters, 1 from C9, 1 from C11, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 8. Katarina should get 3 of them for C18 Nosferatanking and capping Spd as a Swordmaster without RP. Palla is also likely to want 2-3 of them. With 3 of them she caps Spd after RP as a Swordmaster and as a DK. Pretty useful.

goddess-icon1.png Goddess Iconx3 from Lunboosters, 1 from C11, 1 from Sheema, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 8. Katarina will apreciate like 2 or 3 of these. The rest should definetely go on Michalis for Medeus.

dracoshield1.png Dracoshieldx3 from Lunboosters, 1 from C11, 1 from C19, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 8. I honestly have no idea. I'd guess Palla can use them well?

talisman1.png Talismanx3 from Lunboosters, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 6. Probably unneeded...

arms-scroll1.png Arms Scrollsx3 from Lunboosters, 1 from C8, 1 from C11, 1 from C18, 3 from Secret Shop C21. Total 9. Palla can use 1-2 of them for Hammers like Gradivus said. Might be overkill but Katarina can use them to boost her Levin Sword damage (considering she likely ORKOs pretty much everything with capped mag already and C swords...idk)

EDIT: Actually, scratch what I said about Palla, Gradivus. She will get some Axe wexp anyway because of C4.

EDIT 2:

So, 5 Robes, around 5 Drops, 9 Spirit Dusts, 8 Secret Books, 6 Speedwings, 8 Goddess Icons, 2 Arms Scroll are likely to be used.

That leaves: 3 Robes, 3 Drops, 0 Dusts, 0 Secret Books, 2 Wings, 0 Icons, 8 Dracoshields, 6 Talismans and 7 Arms Scrolls that can be used.

Edited by PKL

Katarina shouldn't need any Robes or Levin Swords for C20x; I recently posted a H2 2-turn strat on my channel, copy the turn 1 warp and you can skip the Berserkers. The middle General doesn't aggro unless you end your turn in his FOW-range btw.

As for Medeus, Katarina can deal 72 dmg with an Aura crit at capped mag (8 dusts, A tomes, RP). Michalis has to deal 20 dmg with a crit, which he achieves with RP, 2 Energy Drops, 1 Arms Scroll and Hauteclere.

Edited by Gradivus.

Katarina shouldn't need any Robes or Levin Swords for C20x; I recently posted a H2 2-turn strat on my channel, copy the turn 1 warp and you can skip the Berserkers. The middle General doesn't aggro unless you end your turn in his FOW-range btw.

As for Medeus, Katarina can deal 72 dmg with an Aura crit at capped mag (8 dusts, A tomes, RP). Michalis has to deal 20 dmg with a crit, which he achieves with RP, 2 Energy Drops, 1 Arms Scroll and Hauteclere.

I can't use Warp for that chapter sadly. And definetely can't do a 2 turn strat. (too staff-costly :( )

Yeah the 2-turn thing is for sure. Why can't you use a warp there? Considering you do avoid warp usage on maps like C18 and I guess C16.

Yeah the 2-turn thing is for sure. Why can't you use a warp there? Considering you do avoid warp usage on maps like C18 and I guess C16.

It's not clear yet, but C19 is going to be horrendous and will consume a ton of staves in order to recruit everyone im sure. I need to warp someone to the secret shop so kat gets her dusts, I need to warp minerva and marth to michalis warp the bosskiller to the boss and then rescue and warp marth in the same turn in C21. Not to mention I do need a ton of staves to make final possible (everyone gets rekt there if i let the enemy attack someone a single turn).

Edited by PKL

https://youtu.be/pia8YLvpvbo

A chapter in which I do a bunch of things to increase reliability. With all the things I do here, the strategy is very reliable and can be made even more reliable. There are 2 map save chances here and they are very close together so I didn't bother using the first map save. I had Yubello use a Rainbow Potion mid-chapter because the Thief had too much HP and Def to be finished off by Thunder. His Thunder could be forged with 1 MT or Ogma could be handed a +1 MT Steel Sword to guarantee the kill too.

Gordin stored the Iron Bow because Gordin missing is way less consequential than Castor missing. Palla used Iron Axe as much as she could so she can make it to D Axes and only need 1 Arms Scroll to reach Hammer Axe rank.

Palla needs to have more than 15 HP before facing the boss. She can't heal the turn before because she needs to kill the Hunter. Yumina has 11 Res instead of 5 for some odd reason probably related to the 0% Growths patch. It's very irrelevant to the run so I won't even bother fixing it though.

Chapter 4 is completed in 5 turns

Rainbow Potions: 69/77

Edited by PKL

The Yumina Res buff was completely unintentional; I mistook her Res base of -3 for a growth rate, so that's fixed now. You can see that I haven't rigorously tested every character to make sure they fit.

Early promoted Palla is so OP in these early chapters, my goodness.