https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgYdm4cLZkI

That is one hell of a prep screen.

Having the flexability to bodyblock Dragons and Wyverns due to their lack of 1-2 range is a nice luxury for sub H3 difficulties, but it comes with it's own downsides in eliminating Bow EP action I suppose. Existant crit also seems unavoidable vs Ice Dragons even on H2 with 0%, but I also liked that you took measures to try to reduce it as much as possible with Luck Shards.

I must admit, I had actually forgotten H2 even had a Silver Card. I suppose that helps a lot with affording statboosters and the like. I assume it doesn't work on the base shop though, since you avoided using it?

On the whole, great job, as usual. Warp is bound to be something of a relief, but I hope the creative strats can last a bit longer before Warpskips start to become prominent.

Haha yeah. I think that's the longest I've spent on a prep screen in this run.

Sadly, Silver Card doesn't work in the base shop :(

Yeah, Warp is going to be a godsend, but idk if things will get easier from here on out. Chapter 16, 17 and 19 look extremely threatening. Chapter 19 full recruitment in particular I'm not sure if it's actually possible in 0% growths yet.

Just how much longer will that Rainbow Potion hold out...?

Hopefully all the way to endgame. Most warpskip chapters will only need 1 or 2 Rainbow Potions for the bosskiller(s) but there's still some heavy-combat chapters left like Chapter 16, 16x, 17 and 19...

I thought warpskipping was harder in FE12 by the nature of the game? I remember PKL complaining about it a lot for one of his old H2 runs.

It was for me at the time I did it. Mostly because I was so used to having more opportunities to get exp even later on. To warpskip H2, you have to train a few bosskiller and warpers by Chapter 15 or the run dies basically.

PKL couldn't you have just RP'd feena for the +2 res

i mean you probably have enough money to blow on a talisman anyway but still

No, Pure Water and RP don't stack. So her max res would've been 11. Not enough for to make the Dark Mages ignore her :/

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE_2GJlj8lQ

These strats of mine aren't very conservative lately :P. All those staves to get through chapter 14 haha. Seems kinda YOLO but im pretty sure every staff saves a turn (Ch14 otherwise is the first chapter I would need to stall a bit with Generals). And im confident I still have enough staves for the rest of the game. It also saves me RP uses as well as dragon-slaying weapon uses (which means more money later)

Edited by PKL

I don't get why you rescued Marth and warped him again instead of just warping Feena in the first place?

EDIT I'm talking about the last turn of Chapter 14 here.

EDIT 2 No wait, I'm just being dumb lol. IGNORE ME.

Edited by Refa

Palla ORKOes Eibel with a killer lance crit too. I'm not exactly sure if Palla having Hammer on C19 is important, though I think you have to pull Wolf so he's closer to Sedgar (saving 1 Warp 1 Rescue), so the way to the boss will be free for Palla, Minerva and another flier (who tradechains the hammer + spheres) which will allow for Nerring to be ganged up on. I think a killer crit can ensure the kill too though.

On the topic of C19, I think you can do it with 2 rescue (marth and roshea on turn 3) and 3 warp (marth on turn 3 for the village, vyland to recruit sedgar, marth on the final turn), and I bet this will let you clear in 4 turns. You'd skip most of the enemies, aside from the boss area ones Palla will pull. The reason why warping Marth to the village on turn 3 seems to be the most recommendable is that Wolf takes 3 turns to get near Sedgar and if the map is done in 4 turns, it allows you to avoid Vyland's Paladins altogether.

EDIT: The staff uses seem to be worrisome, but I think you can convert a rescue use on C24 into a warp use. If you can do C22 the hard way (I think you can, since you have SM!Kat, Palla, Michalis mainly, and enough filler units) you'd have 1 again, 3 rescue, 2 warp for endgame, so I think you can roughly replicate the strat you first intended to do. Those are the staff uses I'm assuming to avoid confusion: http://pastebin.com/k8XGrxZj

Edited by Gradivus.

That moment when I realize I derped on the calcs and didnt bother double checking just to warpskip chapter 15 asap and upload it the same day as chapter 14 lol.

I wasn't taking into account lightsphere with Killer Lance. Calc'd it as needing 2 crits instead of 1 12x3 +12 = 48 out of 53 HP. When Lightsphere negates throne bonus and makes her do 56 total. Facepalm. I'll read the rest of the posts later. Kinda busy atm. I'll redo chapter 15 later too.

EDIT: Welp, having to rush chapters due to limited time kinda sucks. Hope the vids are still enjoyable. Normally i wouldnt let mistakes like chapter 14 in which i derp marth's movement for a bit in the vid. Or the one in chapter 13 with the convoy mistake but I dont have a whole lot of time to record lately.

Edited by PKL

Am I silly for thinking that redoing a chapter means I failed the run? I always feel that way when I have to redo a chapter.

Thanks Espinosa and Gradivus for noticing that the boss could be killed without the Hammer.

Edited by PKL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnqfAvSfp8

This chapter went pretty well. Much better than I expected all this time. One less chapter to worry about :)

no, i always end up having to redo chapters

So you're bad too? :P Joking haha. I see, I thought this was an uncommon thing.

It's easier to redo chapters (even multiple ones at once) when there are no level-ups to worry about.

True. Not having growths sometimes feels like a blessing. Not having to worry about a character's growth is nice.

I've really enjoyed watching this it's pretty fun but also confusing. It's like I think I know what you're doing but I don't know how you do it and how you do everything so quickly and efficiently. Those tactics are amazing! I'm still shocked that Palla is above and beyond everyone else, she's great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxd4DGj7hA

I've really enjoyed watching this it's pretty fun but also confusing. It's like I think I know what you're doing but I don't know how you do it and how you do everything so quickly and efficiently. Those tactics are amazing! I'm still shocked that Palla is above and beyond everyone else, she's great!

Glad you're enjoying the playthrough! :) And well, I tend to have an idea of how to do each chapter from previous playthroughs. I test my idea with a test run of the chapter and see what prevented me from achieving a low turncount (if anything) and also see things I could improve on. I then start thinking about how to solve each problem, once I have a solid strategy, I go to the prep screen and do it again with everything i'll need for the chapter. Then I practice the prep screen until it looks faster and all that, then I start recording.

you could've saved a levin sword use if you reclassed chris to fighter and had him kill the berserker

it also would've been cool to give him a kill at this point in the game

EDIT: wait i missed that minerva isn't supposed to double the berserker

Edited by dondon151

Just wanted to say this run has been a great pleasure to watch and I can't wait for more videos. I do hope you consider doing the challenge again from chapter 14 onwards warpless since warpskipping does take a little fun out of the challenge.

The obvious Medeus strat is some combination of Berserker Michalis critting with a max MT SIlver Axe, Katarina critting with Starlight or a Thoron forge, and Auming one of them. Not too many other units that can scratch him on 0% growths.

Which reminds me, you may have to redownload the patch, the previous version had Nagi's Spd/Def/Res/Luk zeroed out by accident and I don't remember if you got that one or the current version.

The plan is double critting Medeus with Hauteclere + Aura, if Michalis' Str + Katarina's Mag = 56 and Katarina has A tomes, they kill Medeus without Aum.

I'm pretty sure no warpskip H2 Chapter 15 and onwards is impossible btw. If it isn't, then it would be hellish and not fun at all to play. There's just no reasonable way to be constantly facing enemies that wreck each of your units. There's not enough money for that. And yeah, the plan is to double crit Medeus with Michalis and Katarina. Btw, Gradivus, you made a mistake on the staff usage sheet you made. I only have 6 Rescues at this point, not 7. Im gonna have to conserve a Rescue use somewhere if I want to do it like that. Otherwise they look good. :)

EDIT: I guess I could give it a try if you guys really want no warp lategame. But eww.

Edited by PKL

Whoops, my fail. You can pull the upper-most Warrior on C19, so Roshea would reach the main group with an Again use instead of a second rescue. I don't think you need the Again on C22 anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNivRWruPY0

A very complicated chapter. Mostly because of the Longbow Sniper on the left of the map. It's a good thing Katarina joined me last chapter and is ready to Levin Sword stuff up. She's very useful in this map with her ability to ORKO Snipers in Enemy Phase. Had to use Paladin Minerva in very clever ways to get the Longbow Sniper to behave. I wish I could've found a way to make the last EP more reliable by moving Minerva closer to Palla, but it just wasn't possible.

Chapter 17 is completed in 5 turns

Funds: 15489G

Sold: +10592G

Iron Sword 39/40 (+195G), Iron Sword 38/40 (+190G)
Steel Sword 34/35 (+425G), Steel Sword 35/35 (+437G)
Silver Sword 20/20 (+1000G)
Rapier 23/28 (+460G)
Silver Lance 20/20 (+1100G)
Wing Spear 28/28 (+560G), Wing Spear 15/28 (+300G)
Hand Axe 30/30 (+270G)
Silver Bow 20/20 (+1050G)
Killer Bow 20/20 (+800G)
Elfire 16/18 (+560G), Elfire 17/18 (+595G)
Divinestone 30/30 (+2250G)
Heal 20/20 (+400G)

Bought: -10000G

3 Spirit Dusts from the Prep Armory (-7500G)
1 Angelic Robe from the Prep Armory (-2500G)

Rainbow Potions: 28/77

Good news is, I'm not in danger of running out of Rainbow Potions by the end of the game anymore.

Edited by PKL