I mean...just think about how much time you spend reading in Pokemon vs Fire Emblem. Pokemon has more text than your average platformer, but it's still pretty light in comparison to truly text-heavy games.

I am, and I recall reading a lot in both games... But you might be right anyway and my memory is just fuzzy for some reason.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean...just think about how much time you spend reading in Pokemon vs Fire Emblem. Pokemon has more text than your average platformer, but it's still pretty light in comparison to truly text-heavy games.

Pokemon doesn't have literally hundreds of support conversations, for one fairly easily quantifiable example.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of the text seen in the main series Pokemon games can be seen as copypasta or scripts. "(Name) used (move)!"

Also, many of the NPCs pretty much say the same things for at least most of the game, especially in postgame.

I honestly believe that the international version is gonna take that long is because we're getting the version with all three paths

Two paths is believable. But they're not going to give us all three paths for the price of one. The third path hasn't even been officially announced outside Japan.

Two paths is believable. But they're not going to give us all three paths for the price of one. The third path hasn't even been officially announced outside Japan.

Not yet, no. But given the gap, the special edition bundle with all 3 paths that will be out in Japan on June 25 will most likely be carried over to the west. Not for the price of one, no, I don't believe that, but they've stated that the 3 path edition will come out at least shortly after Japan's launch.

But why 2 more months for Europe. <sarcasm> They need that time to translate the game into those 4 extra languages? (cuz' they can translate the English part in the same time NA does that) </sarcasm>. It just doesn't make sense (especially for someone who plays fire emblem with English text and Japanese audio).

The release date gap does disappoint me, but at least there'll be something good to play next year. I just have to keep telling myself that.. for a while.

How can you say Fire Emblem is not like Pokemon? It's getting two versions in Japan.

Beacause pokemon just switches around the characters and available pokemon. In If, the characters appear in both worlds, but keep different positions in the story and the mechanics and gameplay are also different. Not to mention we're getting 3 versions, technically.

^ (omega) ruby and (alpha) sapphire and emerald just switched things around? I agree with pretty much everything else you mentioned, though i feel "versions" kinda cheapens what are pretty much 5/6 of a whole game.

Edited by goodperson707

^ (omega) ruby and (alpha) sapphire and emerald just switched things around?

...Yes? Team Aqua had switched roles(though most of the grunts said the same things), and there were some different cutscenes at the end of the game because of different box legendaries.

Emerald actually did make tangible changes (Magma didn't have their base in a harbor for one)

Edited by L95

but they've stated that the 3 path edition will come out at least shortly after Japan's launch.

You're remembering it wrong.

They have a special edition with a cartridge with both paths and "prepays" for the third DLC.

The thing I bought.

<sarcasm> They need that time to translate the game into those 4 extra languages? (cuz' they can translate the English part in the same time NA does that) </sarcasm>. It just doesn't make sense (especially for someone who plays fire emblem with English text and Japanese audio).

This is called being entitled.

Did you know that there's slightly different spellings for the same words in British English?

They have to check for that.

Same with slightly different phrasings.

And no, that doesn't just take a "search and replace" function.

日本語がそんなに好きなら、日本語だけで遊ぶがいい。

Edited by shadowofchaos

You're remembering it wrong.

They have a special edition with a cartridge with both paths and "prepays" for the third DLC.

The thing I bought.

The thing you bought? Wat.

Anywho, no. They'll have a special edition with all 3 paths at launch, or shortly after that. My point is that the special edition with all 3 will have been out in Japan long before this year is over, and I'm sure we'll get it over here as well.

The thing you bought? Wat.

Anywho, no. They'll have a special edition with all 3 paths at launch, or shortly after that. My point is that the special edition with all 3 will have been out in Japan long before this year is over, and I'm sure we'll get it over here as well.

Kagehoshi... Did you not listen to the Japanese Direct?

The Special Edition does not have the third path on cartridge. It will be released the same day as everything else.

And the third path DLC will be released at a later date. The special edition "prepays" for it.

At least, it prevents you from playing it, if it is on cartridge until it's released.

発売予定6月25日

配信開始後プレイ可能

Edited by shadowofchaos

...Yes? Team Aqua had switched roles(though most of the grunts said the same things), and there were some different cutscenes at the end of the game because of different box legendaries.Emerald actually did make tangible changes (Magma didn't have their base in a harbor for one)

emerald was the main point, but the villain arc in the remakes were subtly different story and characterization wise between versions at least by Pokemon standards, but the point is it was not just switching the characters and pokemon around.

Kagehoshi... Did you not listen to the Japanese Direct?

The Special Edition does not have the third path on cartridge. It will be released the same day as everything else.

And the third path DLC will be released at a later date. The special edition "prepays" for it.

As I don't know Japanese, I can't say I have, so NO.

All I could find is a translated version on youtube, where they state, and I quote; "and a Special Pack contains Byakuya, Anya, the third DLC path, and bonuses will be available." So I don't know what you're on about.

That doesn't change, however, that the third path will be out before this year ends. So here in the west, we'll be able to get all 3 paths upon launch.

"and a Special Pack contains Byakuya, Anya, the third DLC path, and bonuses will be available."

Did you read the page before that?

Did you also read the name of the person who uploaded that video?

Did you read the page before that?

Did you also read the name of the person who uploaded that video?

What "page"? "A downloadable version that will let you choose your path at the beginning..." ? Again, not sure what you're on about. And I see now, same name, so you translated and uploaded it, huh? That's swell. So, again... what are you on about? Nowhere in the video do they state that the third path won't be on the special edition.

What "page"? "A downloadable version that will let you choose your path at the beginning..." ? Again, not sure what you're on about. And I see now, same name, so you translated and uploaded it, huh? That's swell. So, again... what are you on about? Nowhere in the video do they state that the third path won't be on the special edition.

What he meant is that you pay for the third path, but it will not be released until a later day. When it's released, you can download it for free.

Edited by Ryo

So, again... what are you on about? Nowhere in the video do they state that the third path won't be on the special edition.

発売予定6月25日

配信開始後プレイ可能

The page before stated for the DLC "will be released at a later day".

The Special Edition's release date is "June 25th 2015".

What can you deduce about this situation and what you said that I was trying to correct?

Your attitude there rubbed me the wrong way. Edited by shadowofchaos

The page before stated for the DLC "will be released at a later day".

The Special Edition's release date is "June 25th 2015".

What can you deduce about this situation and what you said that I was trying to correct?

Your attitude there rubbed me the wrong way.

Alright, alright. Fine, I admit, I was wrong. I was under the impression that the third path would be available immediately as well. You're right, I'm dead-wrong. Happy now?

So, what? No third path for special editon (or however they arrange it in the west) when it comes to N.A/EU? Because they're going to take that long to add it? I don't even know or care anymore. I've been declared an idiot/ignorant prick too much for one session as it is.

...Here I am thinking with the LE you just downloaded it when it was available, and wasn't on the cart?

Oh, that is how it works. I was getting confused.

That is exactly how I read/heard it.

The only problem I had with the OP is using... well my own video to justify what I'm trying to correct?

So, what? No third path for special editon (or however they arrange it in the west) when it comes to N.A/EU? Because they're going to take that long to add it?

Thing is, we don't even know how big the 3rd path would be. If it's another full game, then that'll definitely take even more time to translate. If anything, they would handle it like Japan: release a bundle that includes the 3rd path, but it'll be available for download another day when the localization is finally completed.

Edited by Ryo