Differences Between Hoshido and Nohr

Alphine

At this point, we are aware that the Hoshido version of If will be considerably more accessable than the Nohr version, but what exactly does it mean by this? This is most likely because Hoshido is said to have a world map, while Nohr doesn't, which, considering the story behind the games, makes sense. What else could be different about the two games? Culturally, they appear different, and it seems like they made classes a part of that, since Nohr has many more mounted classes than Hoshido (given that all of the Nohrian siblings are on horseback, aside from Camilla, who rides a wyvern). Also, weapons are said to be different in both regions. Anyone want to expand on these and add anything else they noticed in relation?

Nohr gives you limited ways to acquire EXP and gold with no world map, al la FE7/FE6 style. Arena not confirmed. Hoshido will be similar to Awakening. All we know for weapons is that Hoshido seems to be the only game where you can use katanas, a subdivision of swords.

So, they're actually going to be structurally different games, rather than just doing a Pokemon red/blue system? Interesting....

All of this is making Nohr infinitely more appealing to me, and it already was my preferred version.

Well, in terms of Nohr, I believe they'll be adding bases back seeing as you cannot access a world map. Supposedly, others were saying that they might put in a coliseum in order to have a part where the player can grind to an extent or something along those lines. Personally, I believe they might be adding dismount back and that other feature where mounted units can move again after action, seeing as all of the Nohrian siblings have mounts.

Well, in terms of Nohr, I believe they'll be adding bases back seeing as you cannot access a world map. Supposedly, others were saying that they might put in a coliseum in order to have a part where the player can grind to an extent or something along those lines. Personally, I believe they might be adding dismount back and that other feature where mounted units can move again after action, seeing as all of the Nohrian siblings have mounts.

While interesting, I kinda doubt this based off of the amount of work it would take to include dismount in a 3D Fire Emblem (mainly due to needing to create extra models to include a non-mounted version of the class and this would be on top of reclassing which might be likely to return if the 6 skill slots are any indication).

While interesting, I kinda doubt this based off of the amount of work it would take to include dismount in a 3D Fire Emblem (mainly due to needing to create extra models to include a non-mounted version of the class and this would be on top of reclassing which might be likely to return if the 6 skill slots are any indication).

Reclassing will probably be non-existent in Nohr. Is it confirmed that the 6 skill slots are on both sides, or just on Hoshido's? I just hope they make it so then reclassing isn't the only way to get skills, since that gets rather annoying after a while, and galeforce may or may not come back, since I do not see Hoshidans using tomes anytime in the near future...