Nintendo 3DS Home Menu Themes

Roflolxp54

At this point, there are many different themes with which you can customize your 3DS Home Menu if you're willing to spend 2 USD for one of them (free for the case of the Sonic Boom and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate ones). Which ones have you guys gotten or planning to get and/or which ones are your favorites?

I only have the free themes at the moment, but I'm enticed by the Slowpoke-themed one -- it's hilarious (Yahn).

I've spent all my money on themes >->

My favourites (And all on shuffle) are the Pikachu one, Majora's Mask moon one, Skyward Sword one... uh... and the Xenoblade Chronicles one with Gaur Plains playing.

I can't remember the rest >->

I got the Majora's Mask theme (the non-gold one) because I had exactly $1.99 left in my eShop account. My Home Menu experience has been improved 10%. I can't believe some people purchase multiple themes though; if you're gonna buy more than one then you may as well buy Donkey Kong '94 from the eShop instead. I can guarantee it's more worthwhile.

My favorite is the Zelda: Skyward Sword one, because that's my favorite Zelda game and it plays the Ballad of the Goddess, one of the best pieces of Zelda music ever. <3

I also have the Spotlight: Luigi theme because Luigi and the spring time Yoshi theme because it's cute and pretty. :) And I have one of the Smash Bros. themes as well. I use the favorites shuffle so I can view all of these!

Let's see. I have...

Majora's Mask, Link Between Worlds, Skyward Sword, Bulletin Board, the Nooklings, Mable, Sable, Isabelle at Town Hall, and Spotlight Peach, as well as all the free themes sans Sonic Boom~

wait there are free hunty themes??

will look into

I've got it shuffling betweeeeeen

/grabs 3ds

NES: Halloween Link (I adore that one to bits)

Zelda: The Impending Battle (Skyward Sword~)

Pokemon: Slowpoke (yadon~~)

MH4U Hunter's Seal (so BROWN <3)

Pokemon Hanafuda (with that super nostalgic music and also FLAREON)

Edit: wow that free theme is gorgeous~~~~

Edit edit: add MH4U Hunter's Weapon Gallery to the list now

Edited by Freohr Datia

Rotating between Mechonis and the gold Majora's Mask ones. It's a coin flip between the Xenoblade main theme and the Song of Healing, win/win~

Yar, I only have the free themes as well. There are some nice ones, but I think I'd only pay for FE themes or the Japanese Azure Strike Gunvolt themes.

I do think they are slightly pricey, considering you can buy fully fledged (albeit old) games for the price of multiple themes, but it could be worse, I guess.

Right now I'm using the International StreetPass Week theme. It's not really groundbreaking, but it kind of fits my gaming life at the moment.

I had leftover money from buying Awakening DLC years ago so i bought the Hanafuda theme because I'm weeb trash.

it's still a naicuuuu theme tho.

I wish they'd let us buy them with play coins. I have over 100 of them, but nothing worthwhile to spend them on. (I also don't add funds into my eShop account often, and when I do, it's for one thing.)

I am currently using the MH4 Weapon's Gallery one due to it being free and all. The music is really neat but I wonder were the song plays in the actual game.

Before that, I used the Majora's Mask: Dark Moon one. It was cool but why in the world would they cut down the Song of Healing? Maybe that was foreshadowing for what happened to certain songs in Smash Bros 4.

I also bought the Snake Eater 3D one. Mostly because it was the cheapest one available and I just wanted to test the whole theme thing. And I was hoping that it would play the Vocal version of Snake Eater but unfortunately it's just the instrumental one. So I never really used this one.

Edited by BrightBow

At least for my part, while I hate that Nintendo won't just allow users to use material from an SD Card so that they can sell these things instead, I can't deny that making something this well-done would take me more then what equals to 2€ of time and effort.

Although, I do still think that they are definitely overpriced quite a bit. Sure, a lot of the time they use remixes and I guess sometimes they use new art but it's not like they couldn't do something just as good with existing assets. And I would have definitely preferred the original version of the Song of Healing instead of this butchered new version anyway.

Of course the most important reason is still that Nintendo simply won't allow users to do their own thing. So it's either paying money or sticking with the bland default one.

Edited by BrightBow

I have a bunch. I got Isabelle, both Xenoblade ones, Spotlight Yoshi, The Black Cat Halloween one (i love that one), the Zelda Halloween one (love it too), A Link Between Worlds one, and this Monster Hunter one that was a freebie. I like themes because i like fun.

Consoles and PCs are not only fundamentally different in their respective arcade and cerebral roots in the types of games they usually get, but also in their presentation.
The former presents itself as a complete package, that what you see is what you get, the parts are set and whatever modifications there might be are officially provided by the manufacturer; the latter is open-ended where you can change everything as you see fit and many parts are provided by third parties.
It should be telling when an elaborate and customizable OS is a relatively very recent addition to consoles. You having to pay up for them is only acknowledging the console differences.
This is also why console games are perceived as a full and complete product while PC games should allow to freely mod everything for free.

Also it's ok when Sony and Microsoft do it.

Anyway, the only non-free themes I have are the Shovel Knight one you got when on its European launch and the MGS3D theme, because while it's a freebie for the digital version, it's a reminder that I want to get a physical copy. Even then, the game and theme will amount to under 15€.
I also wish that you could include the default white theme to the rotation, as generic as some might see it.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Can someone explain why anyone would buy what basically amounts to fancy wallpaper and custom icons, something that you can change for free on a PC?

People just like to decorate their 3DS menus.

And you can make your own 3DS home menu themes... that is, if you're willing blow more than 50 USD for a 3DS Gateway card if you haven't already before going through the trouble of setting up a home menu theme.

I just explained why in my previous post. :I

Also let's not pretend there aren'T fancy PC themes that you legally have to pay money for, even to ludicrous amounts.

Edited by Ike-Mike