Nintendo 3DS Home Menu Themes

Roflolxp54

I just explained why in my previous post. :I

Also let's not pretend there aren'T fancy PC themes that you legally have to pay money for, even to ludicrous amounts.

You merely say that consoles and PCs are different. Why though? Why do they have to be different, other than console manufactures wanting more control so as to squeeze more cash out of there consumers. How are consoles and handhelds a 'complete' package if you have to pay to customize them.

There really isn't any other reason.

Because console and PC gaming have entirely different origins.
Consoles are rooted in arcade machines, pinball and carnival toys, and originally sold as being able to play your favourite arcade games at home. This is why the most prominent console makers are toymakers, like the late Gunpei Yokoi, or Nolan Bushnell using his summer work experience at a carnival when designing the original Atari or SEGA originally being vending machine and later arcade makers.
PCs are rooted as... computing machines, originally made for computing and managing documents, with the games being something on the aside. That's why the most prominent PC game makers like Sid Meier, Richard Garriott and John Carmack are obsessed by numbers and their games are inspired by elaborate tabletop games.

Buying and mantaining a console is like buying a complete action figure, where you have to pay up for new weapons and armours, while PC is like buying a construction kit that you also need to paint yourself.

It's not about as control as much as console manufacturers paying respect to their origins.
I, for one, don't support this intermingling ot console and PC gaming that you're trying to invoke!
If anything, consoles having a OS at all is denying the 'plug-in-and-play' console origins! At least having paid themes is trying to strike a compromise.

It's a complete package because the OS is still completely functional and does everything it's intended to do.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Sonic Boom, MH4U weapons. Only free ones I have. I have; Spotlight Yoshi, Yoshi's Springtime Siesta and Pokemon Friends.

I feel like I wasted money on the Friend theme because Bianca isn't in it and should have bought the Rayqyaza theme. How are they going to put Emmet and Ingo in over Bianca and at least Alder.

Also, there are a bunch of themes I want, luckily they are cheap.

• 2 weeks later...