TLP .zip file

Blaze The Great

Hey guys. I'm not sure where exactly to put this topic, but I figured this was as good a place as any. If someone feels the need to move it, they can.

So recently, I've developed an urge to play The Last Promise. I'm not going to do it on a computer, because the laptop I use now is old and about to break down anyway. I have two devices-a 4th gen iPod and a Samsung Galaxy S 5. I have GBA emulators for both of these devices, but so far I've been unsuccessful with finding a working ROM of TLP. The problem is the one on FEShrine and one other that I found don't remember where are both .zip files, which require a password that I don't have. I was wondering if anyone a) knows the .zip password and could tell me how to use it b) could contact Blazer about it or c) knows of another type of file that I could download this ROM through.

Thanks guys. I'd really appreciate some help.

There is no password required... Maybe if you don't input anything in the field it will let you unzip it. (Keep it blank)

There is a UPS patch and a XDelta patch. (Use NUPS.exe on a i386/amd64 "PC" machine to patch it - Requires .NET Framework on Windows and Mono on GNU/Linux or Mac)

Edited by Naughx

Is that a downloadable program, I would assume? I don't have an unzipping program. Also are you using Android, because it might be different if you are not.

7zip is a completely free and open source program that can do pretty much anything to zipped folders. (it also works with its own .7z format, as well as several less common formats like tar. It can also extract but not compress rar files and a host of other formats) It is unfortunately windows, linix, and mac only (unless you are the kind of person who loves porting source code). I don't know what unzipping programs there are on android, but it would probably be easier to unzip and patch on your computer (which can use the included xdelta patcher, which iirc requires no external programs, whereas the ups patch does), and then transfer it to your phone using dropbox or something. THis is especialy true as most rom sites provide their roms in rar archives, which also need an extracter program like 7zip.

Edited by sirmola