Anya and Byakuya's Leaders

Alphine

What role do you all think the leaders of both kingdoms will play (aside from being the supposed leaders of their countries)? Also, I wanted to see if anyone actually confirmed that Garon is the father of the Nohrian siblings and not actually just the leader of their country. I mean, who would want to sleep with him?? Did we all just assume that the lady in the Hoshido playthrough is actually the queen of Byakuya or Kamui's mother, or is there any genuine evidence of it? Much of what we know appears to come from speculation. Thoughts?

We know Leon and Marx are Nohrian Royalty and regardless if Garon is the biological father (which would make for an interesting plot twist if he isn't), Marx cares for him all the same. On the other hand, I suspect the Hoshidan Empress to not be Kamui's mother but an Aunt or something.

Garon not being the royal siblings' biological parent is actually rather interesting.... Perhaps he's a Claudius-like figure (Hamlet), who is an uncle or something and murdered the original king to get the throne? Of course, Marx's (admittedly small) dialogue with/about him seems to indicate he holds Garon in rather high regard so.....

I dunno, I like the idea of Garon being a Tywin Lannister type figure, personally. Like, he's absolutely vicious and dishonourable but he does everything for his family - except his version of his family isn't actually his family but rather the ideal vision he has of them in his mind, leading to his treatment of them being slightly alienating (perhaps less for Marx, being the prodigious son) and making his kiddos pretty screwed up (maybe resulting in a closer sibling bond since their dad is the Worst, and also making them more liable to turn against him? idk)

for the Hoshido lady though, I think her being the mom comes from how similar she looks to Ryouma? Although if the guy who got killed by archers in the trailer is really the dad, I think we all know where Ryouma got his looks from....

I think it`s pretty safe to asume that Garon is the ruler of Nohr (Anya) and the father of the Nohrian siblings (or Marx at the very least based on what he said in the first trailer). As for the woman seen in the Hoshido scene, it`s only speculation right now. She could be both the ruler of Hoshido (Byakuya) and the mother of Kamui (as well as the Hoshidan siblings, or one or the other. Again, right now all we can do is speculate.

Edited by Metal Flash

The Hoshido ruler is probably gonna be like Emmeryn 2.0 and be a sage.

Hopefully less of a purity sue, at least.

I really don't know what to think of her; she looks too young to be a mother.

I really doubt Hoshido's ruler is avatar's mother. She doesn't nearly look old enough.

feif-april014.jpg

If she's Kamui's mother she must also be Ryouma's mother. Ryouma is at least in his mid-twenties, if not older as he must be somewhat experienced in order to be a commander in the Hoshidan army. That means the mother should be in her 40s realistically, and this person looks no older than Emmeryn (who is was confirmed to be 25 iirc). It looks far more like an older sister or other relation tbh.

And while it technically isn't confirmed she isn't the ruler, her design is somewhat similar to Emm, particularly the crown thing they both have. It could just be an ornament this time, but her being a ruler seems a bit more likely than this random pre-promote sage welcoming back the lost Hoshidan prince.

I don't know, considering how young Eliwood's mother looks (Eleanora looks like she's in her early thirties...), that woman could very well be the mother of the Avatar and his/her siblings...

Also, the title probably should be changed. Some people might not know what "Anya" and Byakuya" mean.

Edited by Anacybele

Nowhere has it been said that Marth, Seliph, Ephraim, Ike, etc., were all at least 20 when they started leading.

Most of those dudes have confirmed ages. I will tell you! Marth was 16 in Shadow Dragon and 19 in New Mystery. Sanaki is 13 (Just mentioning because she is 13). Ike was 17 in PoR. Seliph was, I think, 18.

Edited by L95

Agreeing with what was said above, I think it'd be way more interesting if Garon actually cared about his children, including the avatar, and was a complex character instead of just one-dimensional evil. I was really disappointed when I saw his design. His beard is ridiculous. Why does he have a black goatee ON TOP OF A BEARD??? WHY????

Agreeing with what was said above, I think it'd be way more interesting if Garon actually cared about his children, including the avatar, and was a complex character instead of just one-dimensional evil. I was really disappointed when I saw his design. His beard is ridiculous. Why does he have a black goatee ON TOP OF A BEARD??? WHY????

Just for Men- Touch of Gray. For all your foxy evil grandpa needs. xD

*Squints at Garon* OH MY GO-

I really doubt Hoshido's ruler is avatar's mother. She doesn't nearly look old enough.

Maybe she only looks young because she steals the souls of her people for peace and eternal youth.

In all seriousness though, I do think both rulers will provide antagonistic force at some point. With Ryouma's father's death and the multiple kidnappings there are a lot of unanswered questions and I doubt either party comes without some sort of blame. I als doubt either of them will ever be playable and will both die before the credits roll.

I don't know why but I really don't trust the Hoshidan ruler. It just seems weird that the first time Kamui encounters his former family is ~20 years. Something just doesn't seem right with that, especially if the ruler is family to Kamui, even moreso if she's the mother...