Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: E3 2017 stuff

Jedi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1,000,00 has been passed.I often see Kickstarter campaigns with stretch goals that look completely absurd, but this...I think this has the potential to reach whatever stretch goal they want to put in.

Reminds me of the rate Star Citizen was at, where it has now reached $82 million by keeping it open through development.

Is he doing this because Konami is now batshit? im...confused as to why Iga of all people needs a kickstarter.

I think people are doing it generally to avoid publishers, because they have been known to screw things over. Edited by Tryhard

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, June 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, June 3, 2015 - No reason given

internet derping, delete this post

Edited by Rapier

The castle looks cool, it definitely doesn't look like the usual. I'm glad we've reached so many stretch goals, I hope they keep coming.(as long as we keep getting those social media goals)

if anyone was waiting for the confirmation of a Wii U port goal, it's here and that's the 3 million mark (donations are currently 2.7M)

As if I didn't have enough reason to back this already.

Am I the only one who fall in love with Miriam? o.o

Nooope, I think she's awesome so far.

Way late to the party here, but so extremely excited for this. Castlevania is one of my favorite series, and I'm so thrilled the KS has done so well. Shelled out $100 since I really want that Yamane physical OST goodness.

I just noticed that the linked article calls it Ritual of the Knight, but the Kickstarter calls it Ritual of the Night.

I'm going to take the latter as the likely correct one.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I just noticed that the linked article calls is Ritual of the Knight, but the Kickstarter calls it Ritual of the Night.

I'm going to take the latter as the likely correct one.

Yeah, I'll edit that in a second.

• 2 weeks later...

We're like at 4millions funded.

A

W

E

S

O

M

E

aaand it's over

$5,545,892 with 64,866 backers from Kickstarter plus around $208k from paypal

this thing is a mosnter

you can, of course, see all the details of what was achieved from both the stretch goals and backer achievements on the kickstarter page

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much money this got in the last few days, i wasn't really expecting it to reach the 4M mark

2017 can't come any sooner

Edited by Tonton

Awesome that this got funded. Sadly, I wasn't able to contribute myself (bad timing that this ended during the same two-week pay period as Yooka-Laylee will), but I fully intend to buy this when it releases and am glad that it hit all its stretch goals even without my help.

I'll look forward to the game, but I didn't back it on principle. This is a big name creator with a lot of people behind it, and Igarashi even stated up front (somewhere, not on the Kickstarter) that he would need way more money than the Kickstarter goal to actually be able to make the game, a number that might not have been reached even with it receiving more than ten times its initial goal. This makes it seem like the Kickstarter was less for necessary funding and more to gauge interest so that certain important people would see it and be willing to fund the game.

But that's not what Kickstarter should be used for. Kickstarter is to help smaller companies get funding for projects that they otherwise would have no means of acquiring. A Kickstarter like this only helps to confuse people as to how much it actually costs to make a video game, which actually could potentially hurt indie campaigns.

On one side, I'm happy it was so successful, because it means a better game will come out of it. On the other, I don't think it should have happened in the first place.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• 1 year later...

Pretty cool gameplay, seems like all the Metroidvania stuff is intact, especially technical stuff like animation cancelling. Seems like Dawn of Sorrow with the shards and multiple weapon types + whips. Hopefully it avoids the huge flaws of Dawn and is still a good game in its own right.

Shards seem to have levels like souls did in Dawn of Sorrow. When the player is looking at the shards in the menu, you can see "Grade" and "Rank", so maybe these shards can be upgraded somehow.

The boss at the end of the demo looks really well designed like a lot of Portrait of Ruin bosses, which have my favorite bosses in Castlevania. The blood rain being blocked by her own parasols is a neat interaction and I hope other bosses in the game are designed similarly, especially the larger scale monsters that are inevitably going to be in.

I'm going to be using mostly whips, since those were my weapon of choice in Portrait. It's nice that the gameplay vid showed off a lot of various weapons and souls to show them off. The new whip animation will take a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure they couldn't just rip off the ol' Castlevania whip attack without making Konami angry.

All and all, seems promising, but recent Kickstarter projects have dimmed my hopes a bit so I'll wait until we see later levels to pass any sort of judgment.

1 hour ago, Batter the Beast said:

All and all, seems promising, but recent Kickstarter projects have dimmed my hopes a bit so I'll wait until we see later levels to pass any sort of judgment.

Pretty much my stance as well.  At least Miriam has a better design than Beck...

I don't like the slow death animations for enemies. They used to explode into a red mist upon death, making it clear you can move forward. But if enemies dying resembles their getting hurt animation, then that will result in frustration over players walking into them and taking damage.

5 hours ago, Refa said:

Pretty much my stance as well.  At least Miriam has a better design than Beck...

6 hours ago, Batter the Beast said:

I have faith it'll be at least solid, but yeah you're right the recent Kickstarters haven't really delivered quite on the same level as Shovel Knight & Shantae. 

I'm also hoping it delivers because I actually backed this one haha.

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I hope it's not bad; from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty great. I'm super pumped that that vita is included!

Now if only we'd have seen a proper Castlevania since Rondo...

Its called Bloodlines (came out a year later in fact!). Not to mention Rebirth.

Edited by Jedi