Faction-locked Classes instead of gender-locked?

Kagehoshi

I actually think it makes more sense that way around. As kamui has only been trained in a Nohr class (as he was raised there) and Aqua having been raised in Hoshido

what about their names btw. Is kamui written in hiragana or katakana? and aqua?

Kamui's Dark Prince/Princess is written in Katakana, while Aqua's Songstress is written in Kanji.

The latter is why a lot of people erroneously call her a "Song Princess". Her class name is made of two kanji, which should be read together to make "Songstress". It's like reading "Sand Wich" instead of Sandwich.

All names in all FE games were written in Katakana IIRC, including those from Hoshido.

In recent games, yeah, but Radiant Dawn had class names using both simultaneously (I thought that was neat, eg. Light Priestess was "Shaman" in Katakana and "Miko" in Kanji) and the older games had some classes in hiragana, I'm sure.

Kamui's Dark Prince/Princess is written in Katakana, while Aqua's Songstress is written in Kanji.

The latter is why a lot of people erroneously call her a "Song Princess". Her class name is made of two kanji, which should be read together to make "Songstress". It's like reading "Sand Wich" instead of Sandwich.

In recent games, yeah, but Radiant Dawn had class names using both simultaneously (I thought that was neat, eg. Light Priestess was "Shaman" in Katakana and "Miko" in Kanji) and the older games had some classes in hiragana, I'm sure.

Huh, that's actually pretty interesting.

^ Yeah I meant characters' names lol

All of the characters have names in Katakana, regardless of faction. Ryouma (リョウマ), Kazahana (カザハナ), Sakura (サクラ)... They're all in Katakana. It's for ease of reading. The same was true for past games, though most of those were western-derived anyway.

So with Famitsu giving us even more info, it appears that Sorcerers are Nohr-specific as well - meanwhile Hoshido has Oni(which would explain Rinka/Linca's headgear/mask) a unit with high strength and defence.

With Oni being so obviously related to Japan, what are everyone's thoughts about new Hoshido-specific classes? (Seeing how Nohr has gotten all horse-mounted units and now sorcerers and Brave Heroes)

I feel like it's more likely that we'll get faction-locked weapons as opposed to faction-locked classes. Like, Nohr has the traditional sword/lance/axe combo, since they're more European based like most other FE games, while Hoshido gets katanas/naginata/maces? (whatever Linca had) as functional substitutes.

I feel like it's more likely that we'll get faction-locked weapons as opposed to faction-locked classes. Like, Nohr has the traditional sword/lance/axe combo, since they're more European based like most other FE games, while Hoshido gets katanas/naginata/maces? (whatever Linca had) as functional substitutes.

Well yes, that too, but I doubt that Nohr will have the Oni class... xD

So with Famitsu giving us even more info, it appears that Sorcerers are Nohr-specific as well - meanwhile Hoshido has Oni(which would explain Rinka/Linca's headgear/mask) a unit with high strength and defence.

With Oni being so obviously related to Japan, what are everyone's thoughts about new Hoshido-specific classes? (Seeing how Nohr has gotten all horse-mounted units and now sorcerers and Brave Heroes)

I think we're due for another Hoshido unit that wields naginatas, probably a footsoldier. Right now pegasus knights and Aqua are the only units we've seen with them. Knights look to be Nohr-only, with Oni maybe taking their place in Hoshido (high defense). I guess ninjas might wield them, but I doubt it.

It could be like the Soldier class in past games, except not terrible.

I think we're due for another Hoshido unit that wields naginatas, probably a footsoldier. Right now pegasus knights and Aqua are the only units we've seen with them. Knights look to be Nohr-only, with Oni maybe taking their place in Hoshido (high defense). I guess ninjas might wield them, but I doubt it.

It could be like the Soldier class in past games, except not terrible.

Most likely a soldier class - I can't think of any other that would use naginatas, but we'll see. :3