Famitsu 14th May: Phoenix Mode and No More Weapon Uses

IGdood

Well, this topic exploded.

I won't be using Casual or Phoenix personally, but I don't mind them being there.

Tho I honestly can't wait to see the heck that awaits us in Loony Classic Nohr.

Now that I think about it, this game has three different routes of varying difficulty, three different difficulties, three different permadeath alterers, and 3 sets of three save files. Half Life 3 confirmed!!!!

Edited by MCProductions

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> Talk of play on lunatic

What. We are talking about strategy. And we are talking about it because you bring the argument. What is teh sense to play on hard difficulties if you use a mode who can't hallow you to loose? I absolutely don't give a darn about casual, phoenix, Seth Emblem or whatever it is. Don't change argument and answer to me.

I question the ability to have a good civilized discussion with somebody who calls somebody who apologized several times for a rash action a Bich and a Cancer when SoS says he is only human. But i did say that difficulty is different than playing rashly. And i already made several points on how there is sense in playing higher difficulties even if you use a mode that can't "hallow" you to "Loose" which i dont even think is confirmed yet. Also we are talking about difficulty you are the one who brought up strategy.

To be fair the answer is probably for fun and more ways to play. Like wanting to try what a respawning horde of characters against powerful enemies is like.

Personally if some of the older games had it I'd think I'd like to try a run where I use the worst possible set of characters on the hardest mode. Like using Frost, Macellan, Sheema, Dice, etc. on Lunatic Reverse on FE12 rather than a similar set of characters every time.

I can absolutely understand for funny. In fact, I'll do that too. But he's trying to put it from a serius prospective.

Really no one is thinking about the fact that IS have the ability to balance something of a 5 year old, and the Phoenix mode could just be an excuse for screw with the stats of the entire game. Perhaps even involountary, eh.

Think about it.

a FIVE YEAR OLD?

Since when has the balance of fire emblem games in general even been BAD? Imperfect, sure, but for the most part it's a well-balanced series. Where did this impression of their balancing ability come from?

I question the ability to have a good civilized discussion with somebody who calls somebody who apologized several times for a rash action a Bich and a Cancer when SoS says he is only human. But i did say that difficulty is different than playing rashly. And i already made several points on how there is sense in playing higher difficulties even if you use a mode that can't "hallow" you to "Loose" which i dont even think is confirmed yet. Also we are talking about difficulty you are the one who brought up strategy.

I already explained this. He's excused editing his post after my post. And he didn't apologize several times, but only one. And was enough. Don't bring in the discussion a random guy who has nothing to do with us.

Difficulty is strategy. You know. FE is a strategy game. Surprisingly, uh?

a FIVE YEAR OLD?

Since when has the balance of fire emblem games in general even been BAD? Imperfect, sure, but for the most part it's a well-balanced series. Where did this impression of their balancing ability come from?

IS has never been great at balancing. Need I get into Genealogy of the Holy War again? As great of a game as it is, it basically comes down to mounts or no mounts and holy weapons or no holy weapons. I don't know anyone who would seriously consider using Arden unless it was a joke run or to prove a point.

Did it mention how many times one unit can be revived in Phoenix? It would be really trolly if the same unit dies a second time during one map he/she will stay dead forever. But I don't think that's likely...

a FIVE YEAR OLD?

No, it's that the tragedy. Maibe you're new to the series, wich is good, because I was too once. But, for examples the un-balance of cavaliers and knight is in the series by 25 years. And a lot of FE have some new super shiny features totally umbalanced, or however some serious screw of stats (SS for example, the worst balanced game in the series. I love him lol).

For example, in Awakening you can solo hard mode only with Robin and Chrom (pair up is cool, it was just unbalanced. We don't love less Seth for this). Maybe after 20 years of FE you may can hope IS will not screw the balance, no? Instead that.

Edited by ENS

I have to say I'm actually a bit surprised by the amount of people who are okay with casual mode but bothered by phoenix mode. Many of you called those of us who begged the question of where the line was to be drawn on accessability to be acting in bad faith. I would have thought there would have been more consensus after such a focused dismissal, but it looks like this is practically an even larger topic of contention than casual mode was.

I'd hesitate to call those folk hypocrital neccessarily, but it is pretty interesting nonetheless.

Edited by Irysa

Did it mention how many times one unit can be revived in Phoenix? It would be really trolly if the same unit dies a second time during one map he/she will stay dead forever. But I don't think that's likely...

I was wondering this too. If your units can only die once before permadeath, then Phoenix mode will actually be more of a compromise between Classic and Casual instead of a super babby mode.

Okay. Okay. What the flying hell ?

Weapon durability, I'm fine with that, good things can be done with that and I'm interested, but Phoenix Mode ?! As if Awakening wasn't easy enough ! What next, no PV mode ?

Yes, it's optional, but it doesn't change the fact this is a pure BS option to have. And I know it's a video game, but crap, I'm genuinely insulted, no matter how childish this sound.

Phoenix mode, more like Failure mode.

....let's talk about other thing than this enormous BS, okay ? I have a huge headache, now... And maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds... *snort*

The Kamui's are rather emo looking, no ?

Why does Camilla have a... dildo between her breasts ? I'm sorry but it looks like a dildo to me. or a scroll ?...

Revenant Knight, what a strange name. Necrophlia waifu confirmed.

So we'll have the opportunity to manipulate the map, okay that sounds cool actually.

Oh and, thanks for the links !

Edited by B.Leu

I have to say I'm actually a bit surprised by the amount of people who are okay with casual mode but bothered by phoenix mode. I would have thought there would have been more consensus, but it looks like this is practically an even larger topic of contention than casual mode was.

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised. I don't like to think who start with Awakening is a faget casul (I start with SD, wich for many is even a worst sin XD), and in fact anyone here can see that it is true.

Edited by ENS

I have to say I'm actually a bit surprised by the amount of people who are okay with casual mode but bothered by phoenix mode. I would have thought there would have been more consensus, but it looks like this is practically an even larger topic of contention than casual mode was.

True, I think it's because Phoenix mode seems like mor of an I win button than Casual tho.

We'll only know if it was a good addition when one attempts Loony Classic Nohr and if they complain about BS difficulty or not. If they do, its useful, if they don't, its useless. Still, I'm indifferent to it existing, and this comes from an Awakening noob.

They can add as many modes I won't ever lay a finger on as they want, as long as they bring back the quality challenge of the older games while not focusing too much on casual content such as cheesy supports. (I don't want to see any more debates over which of my beloved units make the best to imagine having a date with before going to bed, that ain't cool.)

Anyways, I was thinking about these 9 savefiles again and came to wonder whether these will add up or be split between the routes.

Just read the entire discussion. Also, he added the excuses in his post before mine after a few minutes when I posted. But I doubt he did it for trolling, however.

I did, and I still am going wtf at it.

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised. I don't like to think who start with Awakening is a f**** casul (I start with SD, wich for many is even a worst sin XD), and in fact anyone here can see that it is true.

Bruh

No need for that sort of language

Well as for positive impressions I like the customization options and art

Edited by Book Bro

I'm annoyed only by the possibility that the Phoenix mode will messed up the already poor balance abilities. But we can hope.

Bruh

No need for that sort of language

Dark Souls meme, bruh.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Some of you people, really?

Pussy mode? Failure mode? Loser mode? F****t casual?

And people wonder why the series nearly died. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Indeed.

Thats clearly where they got the idea for this mode

holy fuck you babies, i've already gotten seven reports about this thread while i was at work

please keep things civil?? please????

I will use it! It prefect for me since I only be playing Nohr for the story, characters and supports (Don't seem much to do after post-game compared to Hoshido). After that is done, I can go and play my normal FE style on Hoshido.