Famitsu 14th May: Phoenix Mode and No More Weapon Uses

IGdood

FE is changing.

And if it's something most people hate, so be it.

Yes, it becomes generic and forgettable.

I'm really more in favor of a diverse market were every person finds what they are looking for as opposed to everyone producing that one thing that is calculated to appeal to the largest group of people while the rest is left in the dust.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New alternative: what if your enemy went Phoenix as well in a battle of attrition, and the battle ends when the boss is beaten?

So I'm the only one who see this as a possibility?

I mean, they already included enemy pair up. They might as well, right?

I mean, it's kind of obvious Phoenix Mode makes the game a joke...

That's the selling point?

I make Awakening a joke with DLC.

Or with hacks.

To screw around?

This is the single best argument in favor of Phoenix mode I've ever seen. I friggin' love you.

I think the whole 'unlimited usage weapons' thing could be interesting if they all worked like Kamui's personal sword - as in they either lowered a stat and/or raised a stat.

Imagine Killing Edges that like lowered Luck a great deal or Armorslayers that basically killed your speed - that could be interesting strategically.

Phoenix Mode is pretty dumb though. If you don't want to use strategy why play a goddamn strategy game?

Yes, it becomes generic and forgettable.

I'm really more in favor of a diverse market were every person finds what they are looking for as opposed to everyone producing that one thing that is calculated to appeal to the largest group of people while the rest is left in the dust.

Yes, so incredibly forgettable. Hence the huge popularity of Awakening, surpassing anything else in the series, even today.

And they are trying to include the veterans, hence Nohr.

Edited by MajorMajora

As long as classic is still there, i don't give a single fuck

They have confirmed classic is still there in both versions, right?

Also, i REALLY welcome the 9 save slots

Phoenix Mode I think is there specifically for the people who want to play Nohr but aren't at the FE veteran level.Nohr campaign must be at least as masochistic as Lunatic then. FE is changing.And if it's something most people hate, so be it.

First off, Casual mode fulfills this purported purpose quite well already.

Second of all, I seriously doubt the default mode on Nohr is going to be at Lunatic level. That's a dumb assumption to make. They almost certainly have varying difficulties as usual anyway and even some of the hardest FEs like FE6 don't immediately ramp the difficulty up to the extent you're claiming Nohr will.

I get IS wants to broaden their potential audience but you know that's not always a good thing.

@Strawman; I hope you're right. But I wouldn't be so confident as to try and predict what IS would do next.

@Bacon; tbh I doubt they're making Phoenix Mode for any reason other than to appeal to people put off by Casual Mode.

Phoenix Mode I think is there specifically for the people who want to play Nohr but aren't at the FE veteran level.

FE is changing.

And if it's something most people hate, so be it.

Thing is, if players aren't at the veteran level, casual would have served them absolutely fine. I'm still yet to find anyone who simply could not do Normal/Casual or found it incredibly difficult. Even if Nohr is supposedly harder, I just don't see why a whole extra mode is need to accomodate the very lowest skill levels.

If a player can't complete a level on Normal Casual Nohr, then they really suck at the game. The game shouldn't need to go to any further lengths to make sure they can complete it. It's like having a Mario game that automatically shows you the path to the flagpole because you can't find the Jump button.

And if you just use Phoenix mode to mess about, it doesn't really offer much that Casual didn't already. It's the futility of the mode that really strikes me.

I'm not so sure where FEif is going with all this, but I hope it'll live up to our expectations.

Keep in mind it could be for people who want to try taking on higher difficulties. I mean, it might keep it from being harder, but phoenix lunatic is probably a whole different experience from casual easy, right?

It's the futility of the mode that really strikes me.

I really wouldn't disagree.

It's just people should just ignore the mode if they're not going to use it.

The only reason I posted those memes in this thread and in the last one was already seeing the reactions.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yes, so incredibly forgettable. Hence the huge popularity of Awakening, surpassing anything else in the series, even today.

I see you didn't read my post past the first line. That's always nice.

Either way, I doubt Awakening is beating out Mystery.

NEWSFLASH: INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS ADDS EASIER MODE FOR CASUAL PLAYERS, KEEPS MORE DIFFICULT MODES FOR VETERAN PLAYERS.

P.S. Weapon durability hasn't been relevant since like, FE5 lol.

bOVBnqZ.png

o1J4Lvt.png

So really, all we have to do is prepare for a shitstorm.

Did you seriously just do that. What was even the point of all that speech about the "community" some time ago?

I don't even. Whatever.

If a player can't complete a level on Normal Casual Nohr, then they really suck at the game. The game shouldn't need to go to any further lengths to make sure they can complete it. It's like having a Mario game that automatically shows you the path to the flagpole because you can't find the Jump button.

You do know that Mario games already have something very much like that in their games, don't you...

I see you didn't read my post past the first line. That's always nice.

Either way, I doubt Awakening is beating out Mystery.

Sorry, I added an edit addressing your second line. To rephrase it, they have Nohr for veterans, so they aren't only appealing to the lowest common denominator.

The only reason I posted those memes in this thread and in the last one was already seeing the reactions.

You were the only person to post in the "Return of Casual" thread in like a week or so. So what reactions are you talking about?

Edited by BrightBow