Phoenix Mode.

Jedi

Yes lets get this out of the way, Phoenix Mode was announced and will be a mode where.

​Your units re-spawn a turn after they die.

This has already gotten controversial, even among some of my fellow brothers and sisters who said casual mode was simply a choice why does it bug you, now this is bugging them.

News flash: This mode can be used to find information at a faster rate, as well as just you know. Goofing off

It's a bit silly in my opinion, but hell, its optional. I do not see the big deal, seeing as this mode can be used for purposes for this SITE and getting more people into the franchise. I'm all for it.

Also this could be seen as an indication of the Classic difficulty perhaps.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also fine with it it, actually seems like fun to goof around in.

Also though i know lunatics difficulty is exaggerated i think lunatic Phoenix would be quite interesting, especially if you add some self-imposed challenges like not promoting your units. That seems pretty fun.

I mean hell maybe Nohr normal is about as difficult as Lunatic or something

To everyone who can't get past Lunatic casual well hey, here's your chance

If this is true, imagine Nohr Lunatic

Im also fine with it it, actually seems like fun to goof around in.

Also though i know lunatics difficulty is exaggerated i think lunatic Phoenix would be quite interesting, especially if you add some self-imposed challenges like not promoting your units. That seems pretty fun.

See, this is pretty fun already.

MY BODY IS READY

BRING IT ON

I like how both of us are pro Hoshido hyping up Nohr right now :P.

I'M READY TOO THOUGH.

I'm curious what kind of in-game justification they will give for your units dying/falling but instantly respawning at (what I presume to be, don't think this has been confirmed yet?) full health a turn later.

In Casual, they retreated and had their wounds tended to before rejoining for the next major battle, sure I guess I can buy that. But literally rising from the ashes a few minutes later as the mode name implies? I'd like to see the look on the enemies' faces when that happens.

I like how both of us are pro Hoshido hyping up Nohr right now :P.

I'M READY TOO THOUGH.

I'm pro-hoshido for fashion choices at any rate, but I'm not backing down from a good challenge!

I'm curious what kind of in-game justification they will give for your units dying/falling but instantly respawning at (what I presume to be, don't think this has been confirmed yet?) full health a turn later.

In Casual, they retreated and had their wounds tended to before rejoining for the next major battle, sure I guess I can buy that. But literally rising from the ashes a few minutes later as the mode name implies? I'd like to see the look on the enemies' faces when that happens.

It could be Aqua for all we know, I'm honestly not sure. Or maybe Hoshido and Nohr visited a final fantasy verse and got some phoenix downs.

I'm pro-hoshido for fashion choices at any rate, but I'm not backing down from a good challenge!

I like the characters and the aesthetics and i'm right there with ya.

Nohr Lunatic+ Reverse Mode!

Hows that for Fun

Now you're playing with power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KOlC393lo

Meh, I think it's a stupid idea but by all means use it for experimenting. As a difficulty mode beside classic and casual, it just feels like more needless handholding to me.

I do like casual mode because it still maintains the strategy part of FE, but this mode outright removes it. Like I said in the other topic, they may as well make the player invincible to damage.

Meh, I think it's a stupid idea but by all means use it for experimenting. As a difficulty mode beside classic and casual, it just feels like more needless handholding to me.

I do like casual mode because it still maintains the strategy part of FE, but this mode outright removes it. Like I said in the other topic, they may as well make the player invincible to damage.

But this would make data gathering on the enemies inaccurate! I see this mode as a research mode so that's a nowi!

It could be Aqua for all we know, I'm honestly not sure.

Might as well let the enemies Phoenix as well and go full MOBA.

Aqua: "Milord, an ally has been slain. But you are on a killing spree!"

"The enemy has destroyed a village. Two turns until reinforcements spawn!"

"Your team has seized the castle!"

Like I said in the main topic, I'm not at all upset about Phoenix Mode. Like Casual Mode, I'll never use it, but it's an optional thing that doesn't hurt me in any way by existing.

I am kinda upset about unbreakable weapons, though, since what I've read seems to imply it isn't optional. However, if it turns out to be something you can choose not to use, it won't bother me either.

"I can't see.. anything...

Death... is... near..."

Next Turn : "I just got some dust in my eyes actually.

Ha Ha Ha..."

More seriously, about bolded part: This haven't necessary be proved yet right... If you come back with 1HP, you won't do lots.

There's also the problem of where exactly you respawn, because there's chance the place you were at is now occupied by an ennemy unit.

If you start back at your staring location, it had some layers of strategy.

I mean hell maybe Nohr normal is about as difficult as Lunatic or something

To everyone who can't get past Lunatic casual well hey, here's your chance

Nohr Normal being Hoshido Hard is omething I can see actually.

Everything should and it's ok as long as it is optional, I don't understand why some hardcorette fan would be mad here. Hey, if you don't want, you don't need to pick the mode.

"But my hardcore experience is ruined if other people can ENJOY it at a lesser pace!"

I mean I like hard games, but I'd like everyone to have a shot, ya know?

Figured you would both like it, though the reverse part might not need to be in the name of the theoretical mode just have lunatic ++ Where the game goes, you get Vantage+! You get Vantage+!!! you all get Vantage+!!!!!

maybe give hawkeye or luna+ to everyone as well. Or is the key word here of course all three I'm not even sure if that is even possible to win with, even with Phoenix mode.

Edited by goodperson707

^ figured you would both like it, though the reverse part might not need to be in the name of theoretical mode just have lunatic ++

Where the game goes, you get Vantage+ You get Vantage+ you all get Vantage+

maybe give hawkeye or luna+ to everyone as well. Or is the key word here of course all three I'm not even sure if that is even possible to win even with Phoenix mode.

I wonder if the Lord still causes a game over on Phoenix mode, that just came to mind.

More seriously, about bolded part: This haven't necessary be proved yet right... If you come back with 1HP, you won't do lots.

There's also the problem of where exactly you respawn, because there's chance the place you were at is now occupied by an ennemy unit.

If you start back at your staring location, it had some layers of strategy.

That would be hilarious, because you know....Vantage Vengeance

That would be hilarious, because you know....Vantage Vengeance

Oh my...

That would be glorious.

I wonder if the Lord still causes a game over on Phoenix mode, that just came to mind.

Given it was the case in Casual, it should also be the case here.

Or he comes back as a monkeyfighting dragon, because at this point who care ?

I'm really curious how this mode works in details. There's so many mysteries.

More options is not always a good thing. I can understand why people who are fine with Casual are not fine with Phoenix. Casual still requires thought to get through; Phoenix just lets you kamikaze without a care in the world. It sounds like a joke or cheat mode.

Oh, and let's be a little less spammy, k?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire