What are some dumb things you see people complain about in video games?

IceBrand

Anything the Kingdom Hearts fanbase complains about. For example, the fangirls hate this girl named Kairi. She's childhood friends with the main character and the fangirls hate her because she gets in the way of a yaoi ship with the MC's other childhood friend.

So, in other words, hating things for no or dumb reasons.

Complaining about entirely optional modes that are not mandatory to the experience...and I'll leave it at that.

Didn't take long at all for that to be brought up, lol

But speaking of optional, people complaining about optional grinding or optional side quests and the like.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

Complaining about entirely optional modes that are not mandatory to the experience...and I'll leave it at that.

I second this. I'll also refrain from elaborating.

Need... examples...

People who complain about sequels and reboots when they're basically the same.*Cough*Genwunners*Cough*

They aren't though. A sequel builds upon the story of a previous game, while a reboot wipes all previous continuity from existence and starts again from scratch.

They aren't though. A sequel builds upon the story of a previous game, while a reboot wipes all previous continuity from existence and starts again from scratch.

No,they do.Trust me.The Pokemon games are basically reboots/sequels in their own right.

Don't know if this counts, but people thinking graphics make the game. Sure, it's nice to have some pretty visuals, but I wouldn't play a game just because it had good graphics. It has to be good in other areas too.

People who think Ocarina of Time was the greatest thing ever and all other Zelda games are shit. Applies to a lot of franchises, actually...people who let nostalgia ruin their enjoyment of newer games in the series.

People who complain about something in a game or even the game itself without even trying it.

This.

Goes with my nostalgia thing. People refuse to try newer games in whatever series because they worship the older ones.

Oh good gods in the heavens don't get me started on those people who won't take off their rose-tinted nostalgia glasses.

I think we all know the type and I don't think any of us like them.

Anything the Kingdom Hearts fanbase complains about. For example, the fangirls hate this girl named Kairi. She's childhood friends with the main character and the fangirls hate her because she gets in the way of a yaoi ship with the MC's other childhood friend.

So, in other words, hating things for no or dumb reasons.

This, but also apply this to nongaming mediums because it's one of my biggest pet peeves (@hating female characters for getting in the way of ships)

Also seconding the genwunners. The originals are great in their own right, but the remake or reboot can improve it and people shouldn't bash others for preferring it.

Complaining about a feature in a game that hasn't released yet, and isn't 100% confirmed to be a real

feature

subtlely glances at a certain 21 page thread that started today

Yeah. The OP picked a bad time to start this tread, because it is going to consist entirely of annoyance at the reactions to the "phoenix mode" reaveal (someone has to mention it to avoid any future confusion.)

Edited by sirmola

People who bitch about old games feeling dated and saying they're bad.

People who complain about characters getting in the way of ships.

People who say homosexuals shouldn't exist in videogames, or that game companies shouldn't make gay or lesbian characters because what if they want to romance them as the opposite gender.

People who complain about easymode being too easy or the uber hard difficulties are too hard (Lunatic+ isn't bullshit just follow Cranky Kong's advice)

I could say more but I think that's enough.

Don't know if this counts, but people thinking graphics make the game. Sure, it's nice to have some pretty visuals, but I wouldn't play a game just because it had good graphics. It has to be good in other areas too.

This. The point of a game is to play it. I don't care if the chess set has hologram images for each piece that actually kill each other, if I don't like chess I'm not playing it.

For me it's day-one DLC and free DLC.

It's not dumb complaining about day-one DLC, it's their right. Try Evolve, MKX and Order 1886 to see how shameless those companies are.

Also, the most stupid thing I have ever heard is "This game is too complicated". Honestly, it's just you who are so stupid to play.

Edited by Magical CC

People that complain about people for having legitimate gripes with a game. This isn't even necessarily addressing the topic itself, but more so things like you complaining about a glitch being unacceptable and then being upset about losing progress, and the general mentality is "WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE SAVED." I had this once happen to me in XCOM Ironman at the last mission, and needless to say, I was pissed. It took me so long to come around to actually beating that. I mean it's not the only game either, but this is one that just rubbed me the wrong way because I was held accountable for something that shouldn't have happened...

Like that one mode from that one game, what was it called? I can't remember..

(Hint: ******* mode, **** ****** **)

Phoenix Mode in Fire Emblem If... what is this I don't even

• "Casuals"

"Rehash"

"Sales don't matter" (especially when the same people then hold reviews in high regard and even outright defend Games Journalism)

"Nostalgiafag" "Genwunner" "Nostalgia Pandering" and whatever the newest word is to undermine anyone with a preference for older games

"Grinding"

"It's not the game, it's the player's fault"

"This game needs to be even more complex and difficult"

"This game isn't even that hard" (especially in relation to legitimately hard games like Thracia and Dark Souls because you know how to abuse the latest and coolest exploits)

Edited by Ike-Mike