Junk's maybe FE 9 MM playthrough? (Warning I'll probably not complete this lol)

Junk

So i'll probably post the prolouge tomorrow. The reason why I may not complete this is because I am TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE at FE. I couldn't even beat hard classic of awakening. I will try this however since I've been wanting to play FE9 for a long time. The farthest i've played is chapter 4 on normal mode so that's what I mean by almost blind.

Meanwhile I'll hopefully get some tips. I've already been advised to use Titania quite a bit especially in earlygame.

Yeah ike and oscar are definitely priorities. I'm also considering using jill and marcia but heard jill was a butt to recruit because of her AI or was that RD? Not sure if I should use boyd. I'll probably need to keep my team small though >_>.

I never ever have could play FE9 MM yet, because I can't play on Dolphin. So I can't give that many advices:

I only know there are more enemies, less kill experience than in HM (same like in FE10 HM), less bexp. and some bosses will move unlike in EM-HM.

These advices apply to pretty much each difficulty:

• I'd recommend to use Titania for weaking the enemies (if possible) to give the kills to the other ones of your team.
  • Supports are very important: Ike x Oscar + Ike x Soren will give Ike sexy avoid rates.
  • Using Astrid is pretty nice, because she gets doubled experience.
Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Use Marcia and Jill, although later on you may favor Jill because of her better durability. Boyd is a good option. Def use Kieran, Astrid for a good bow user, don't be afraid to spend on forges (BTW I've only played hard, this is mostly from my experience with FE12 Lunatic.) Pick a mage early on and stick with it, Soren's probably the best for this. Don't be afraid to rig levels. Zihark is nice to have too, and Mist of course because staffbot on a horse. Abuse Reyson.

Like IceTea said, you may want to support your units. IkeXOscar is good, along with IkeXSoren. Oscar should support with Ike and Tanith (who should also be used) for a nice +60ish avoid rate.

You will notice that you will naturally get better at the game as you play it. You still have some advantages over your enemies (forges) and it isn't quite as BS as FE12 Lunatic (15 mt forges are painful bro). This will also test your ability to position your units correctly and come up with strategies. All in all, good luck!

Edited by momogeek2141

Thanks! yeah FE 12 lunatic sounds brutal considering you have to be so precise with your positioning while I think FE9 later on allows some leniency hopefully.

On MM? I doubt it. If you want, read the lp on the archive. Starting from chapter 17 I believe, there is a guy who briefly describes the Maniac Mode chapters, and by reading this you'll get a brief description of what units are good, what the map looks like, how many enemies are there, etc.