Likely to be less S supports for Hoshido?

How likely do you think this will actually be the case?

BEcuase it seems the majority of players who picked up FEA enjoyed the S rank marriage/romance thing

The marriage concept was due to the introduction of the child mechanic and time travel. As for FE:if, I think it'll be moreso changed endings depending on S-rank support or not.

I'm of the opinion that it isn't happening, and I'd add that this is quickly shaping up to be one of the biggest tragedies of this game for a lot of people.

I have a hard time believing they intend to tease their male fanbase and then proceed to troll them.

If they do, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Especially since she seems to be the 'extremely devoted to nii-san' trope.

Edited by Crysta

The marriage concept was due to the introduction of the child mechanic and time travel. As for FE:if, I think it'll be moreso changed endings depending on S-rank support or not.

And I believe the time travel schtick itself was just a reason to include the mechanic in the first place, so they could shout-out FE4.

I'd love for their to be no marriage. It just felt awkward, rushed, and dull in Awakening and then there was the IRL waifu nonsense. IF they include S-supports, than please, PLEASE just make them like A-supports from before; let it just be a sign of a paired ending.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

How likely do you think this will actually be the case?

BEcuase it seems the majority of players who picked up FEA enjoyed the S rank marriage/romance thing

Well I expect there will still be S rank with plenty of other characters. The siblings make up just 8 PCs and I'll be surprised if Nohr+Hoshido routes combined have less than 40. That's no shortage of other options.

Maybe I'm wrong and they'll put in a bunch of incestuous supports but I do hope not, and kinda expect not, because I think that would give the game some weird press.

I have a hard time believing they intend to tease their male fanbase and then proceed to troll them.

EDIT: Especially since she seems to be the 'extremely devoted to nii-san' trope.

I dunno. Offhand I actually think it's a pretty common trope for the "older", fanservicy female character to not be romantically linked with the main, I want to say?

Maybe I'm wrong and they'll put in a bunch of incestuous supports but I do hope not, and kinda expect not, because I think that would give the game some weird press.

Weird press that might spread awareness of the Fire Emblem series, like this video suggests : p

Eh, who knows? How familiar is NoJ with the concept of drumming up controversy to increase sales, anyway?

Not all of us are that bothered by it (some of us much prefer being able to wed the elder male brother of Kamui more than the sisters). Regardless, I do agree that the trolling is quite satisfying.

I dunno. Offhand I actually think it's a pretty common trope for the "older", fanservicy female character to not be romantically linked with the main, I want to say?

Any examples? Because I can't think of any.

I'm under the assumption that if they make you wanna bone her, they're gonna let you bone her.

Any examples? Because I can't think of any.

I'm under the assumption that if they make you wanna bone her, they're gonna let you bone her.

petrine and sonia were older / fanservicy right :^)

that being said I'm assuming he's talking about http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheTease

idk I'm operating under the assumption that Nintendo would rather play things safe when it comes to avoiding incest in their games, since they have an image to maintain and all.

still kinda hoping that FEif largely ignores having the player romance characters in-game but I don't think it's likely

Petrine and Sonia were villainous femme fatales, so yeah, it was natural to assume that you weren't gonna get into their pants. And I don't know if anyone was aware of their existence before their respective games were released, so the hype really isn't comparable to the hype surrounding Camilla.

And it's not true incest, so I can see Nintendo thinking they're safe, especially since there's a first cousin pairing in Awakening (Lucina x Owain). Your boundaries are not necessarily theirs.

Edited by Crysta

For the record, I was thinking of various RPG examples like Lulu in FFX, Myuria in Star Ocean 4, Jessica in Dragon Quest 8, etc. Although I agree that the player expectations may be different with FE14, because it's the sequel to a game where the main player character could pair up with anyone, which is not necessarily the norm in the other series I mentioned.

On reflection I'm not too bothered by people wanting their incestous supports; it's a bit squick to me but there are far worse things to be concerned about. And I'm not going to deny that Marx and Camilla are the probably the most attractive members of their respective genders shown so far. It'll be interesting to see if they actually do it, though.

Maybe that Hoshido being easier thing is a trade-off for being able to marry the royals in Nohr? I highly doubt it but I hope they don't prevent us from marrying the Nohr royals just because Hoshido is blood related. We all know Kamui's probably going to end up not being related to anyone...hopefully.

Still, I don't really think it's 'incest' to marry they Nohr royals since you're only their adopted sibling, it'll be just like living in a house with a childhood friend. If Awakening allowed you to marry cousins and Aversa, I don't see why marrying the Nohr people is bad. I guess it really depends on when Kamui was kidnapped to know if they view each other as true family, but given that scene where Kamui is telling Aqua about his ciscumstances I think he/she was adopted at a pretty late age.

Meh, I would be happy if S-Supports came back - sure, the Hoshido royal family would be a "no-no" while Nohr(specifically Camilla) would be OK since they're not related by blood.

Again, if the S-Supports from Awakening came back, I would be happy, be it romantic relationship or marriage, I don't care. Just don't throw in children from the future.

However, I'm sure that each side will offer you a good handful of potential romantic interests; on Hoshido, you(read: Kamui) might fall in love with his supposed bodyguard, Kazahana or Tsubaki(if that's a woman... we still don't know.) Hell, even Rinka/Linca! + other characters from all 3 routes that has yet to be revealed.

So far I've only seen people refer to the royal familys, so I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the other female characters. I'm sure they're possible, too.