Famitsu 14th May Digital Issue Out Now

Ryo

Also. But the thing is, that would either mean that you'd create an avatar and then not play it right away, or that the creation takes place after said prologue. The second one sounds possible, but I felt that it was too much of an assumption to make.

Hmm, theorying here, but this could happen. You play as Aqua in this prologue (or maybe even tutorial) and elarn the game. Then the game goes through its ebginning sequence and ends with Garon grabbing you and saying how he'll raise you blablabla. It's then that you're taken to the character customization screen. This actually works more as a tutorial since I'm pretty sure that's Sakura at the right and I'm not sure I can logically fit her in a prologue w/o any other Hoshido siblings for story purposes (assuming we see all the playable characters in that chapter).

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bridge battle takes place after the split though. Also I find it unlikely that there has been much movement involved, considering that Aqua hasn't got any experience from anything, not even singing(unless we assume it no longer gives experience, but that's another problem). If you meant from the beginning, well I don't think one can argue against the fact that this is a very early chapter, so a team split sounds unlikely. I also don't know about her being the leader for any other chapter. We only have 5 to get both Kamui and the player to know about the two country. That's already pretty short.

There are also Kamui, Felicia, and Great Knight guy, so it's enough for a group-split. Aqua joins in this map because she has 0 XP. I don't see the problem here. Either way, I think we both agree that this map takes place before the route split.

Edited by Ryo

Okay, see that image on the page with all the information about Aqua, that shows that scenery we hadn't seen yet? Interestingly, Kamui cannot be seen in it.

So pretty much the point is, there's a very good possibility that Kamui isn't there at all.

Another interesting point is that we can see that Aqua is at level 1 with 0 xp and an E in lances. It is also to be noted that apart from this one, Aqua is only seen as playable on chapters that likely happen after the sixth for numerous reasons. What I'm trying to say is, this may be a chapter that introduces you to Hoshido, before Kamui meets up with them. Although it's just a theory of course. Put it on the pile

Interesting observation. That map looks to me like Hoshido is under attack, so maybe this is the Prologue as others have said.

If you look at Aqua's status screen on that same page she has a crown by her name, which I've speculated is to show who has lord status. We haven't actually seen anyone else's status screen iirc except Kamui's, who also had a crown, so there's not much to support this. But it might hint that there will be some chapters where the commander is someone other than Kamui (pls have Marx/Ryouma chapters).

I think they are just doing the fe8 thing where the opening segment (before rengval) is all erica, execpt for that one ephraim chapter in the middle. Alternatively, because level 1 seems a little low to get one stage worth of exp and then join the party in chapter 6, you might have 3 chapters with kamui and 2 with aqua before the split. That being said, i hope they don't go full radient dawn with multiple partys, because of how badly that worked out on radient dawn.

Edited by sirmola

I think they are just doing the fe8 thing where the opening segment (before rengval) is all erica, execpt for that one ephraim chapter in the middle. Alternatively, because level 1 seems a little low to get one stage worth of exp and then join the party in chapter 6, you might have 3 chapters with kamui and 2 with aqua before the split. That being said, i hope they don't go full radient dawn with multiple partys, because of how badly that worked out on radient dawn.

Actually I think the split parties worked decently in RD (worked better in Gaiden and TRS but I digress). The availability just was more skewed. Then it should have been, I doubt we are going for a split narrative here though after the side is chosen.

^ so we get to use Aqua's Jagen character as a weaponless meat-shield with out even caring if he/she dies?

I actualy woulden't be surprised if some of the controllable characters in the first 5 chapters left your party depending on route choice.

^ yeah i can see that happening as well with the royals especially but then again they might go the game over route for the royals. Though yeah if we go Nohr that chapter seems like some of the characters might leave.

But just cause it might happen doesn't mean i didn't post it just for the orson joke (im not sure i would actively try to kill opposite route characters like i do with orson though)

It's not a player created avatar, it's a choice between two different main characters. You have Toya (Male protag) and Calvina (Female protag). If you pick Toya, he becomes playable on like turn 3 of the first stage, if you choose Calvina she becomes playable on turn 1 of Stage 2. If you pick Toya, Calvina will not appear in the game. Likewise if you pick Calvina, Toya will not appear in the game. Whichever one you pick is the main character of the story.

Well it seems a bit different, but point taken. I can definitely think of characters creations that happen after you've been playing for some time(TES pretty much), but my issue here is that that would give a lot of importance to Aqua right off the bat. They've been pretty clear about the fact that Kamui is the main character, and it's already hard enough to believe from time to time. I don't know.

Hmm, theorying here, but this could happen. You play as Aqua in this prologue (or maybe even tutorial) and elarn the game. Then the game goes through its ebginning sequence and ends with Garon grabbing you and saying how he'll raise you blablabla. It's then that you're taken to the character customization screen. This actually works more as a tutorial since I'm pretty sure that's Sakura at the right and I'm not sure I can logically fit her in a prologue w/o any other Hoshido siblings for story purposes (assuming we see all the playable characters in that chapter).

Yeah, I kinda did imply that it was impossible. I don't think it is, just rather unlikely. But it could work.

There are also Kamui, Felicia, and Great Knight guy, so it's enough for a group-split. Aqua joins in this map because she has 0 XP. I don't see the problem here. Either way, I think we both agree that this map takes place before the route split.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. but if you mean a group split on this very map, that'd be implying that theNnohr Jeigan would cooperate with Hoshido, and I can't see it happening at this point honestly. Aqua does join this map, my point was that it was more of a special chapter where she's there as the leader, but then leaves, and probably doesn't rejoign before the path split; which would technically be the moment she "joins" Kamui, since he/she wasn't there before.

The last part yes, I think that's pretty much guaranteed.

Interesting observation. That map looks to me like Hoshido is under attack, so maybe this is the Prologue as others have said.

If you look at Aqua's status screen on that same page she has a crown by her name, which I've speculated is to show who has lord status. We haven't actually seen anyone else's status screen iirc except Kamui's, who also had a crown, so there's not much to support this. But it might hint that there will be some chapters where the commander is someone other than Kamui (pls have Marx/Ryouma chapters).

Oh hey, didn't notice the crown. Just like you said it doesn't really prove anything, but still.

Slightly off topic to current conversation (but relevant to the news in this thread in general), if Kamui's dad was killed by Nohr, what if Aqua's mother was killed by Hoshido?

I've been theorizing that Nohr's mother was killed by Hoshido (whether accidentally or not) since the second trailer. It would explain why we've never heard anything about her and would add to the bitterness/hatred between the two countries. It may even have instigated the kidnappings in the first place.

Slightly off topic to current conversation (but relevant to the news in this thread in general), if Kamui's dad was killed by Nohr, what if Aqua's mother was killed by Hoshido?

What if... the Hoshido leader is Aqua's mother??

Plot twist! Everyone's related, ship Garon/HoshidoMom 2015

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. but if you mean a group split on this very map, that'd be implying that theNnohr Jeigan would cooperate with Hoshido, and I can't see it happening at this point honestly.

Why not? There has to be a point at the beginning when the two nations are at least not at war, or else why would they let Kamui return to Hoshido? Nohr is definitely responsible for the mess we see in the image, but what if no one (or at least no one in your playable party) has known that yet, and they're trying to investigate the situation? Even if the Jeigan guy doesn't want to cooperate with Hoshido, he can still see that the Nohrian princess herself (Aqua) is in danger right there. It's unlikely he would just sit there and watch, Kamui probably gave him order to assist as well. There are many possibilities here. And even if there is only Kamui there, I still don't see why he couldn't be placed on a nearby area (or like you pointed out, the green-colored tile is entirely possible as well.) It's not like FE has never separated one or two units from the main group before, the player could do that as well for whatever reason. But personally I don't think he's that far away (in case he is indeed featured on that map). If you look at this page, the Jeigan is also nowhere to be found, but we cannot argue that he's not there.

Aqua does join this map, my point was that it was more of a special chapter where she's there as the leader, but then leaves, and probably doesn't rejoign before the path split; which would technically be the moment she "joins" Kamui, since he/she wasn't there before.

I still don't understand why she necessarily have to leave and then rejoin at a later point (and why said later point has to be after the path split). Assuming that Kamui doesn't not appear on this map, he can still meet up with her right after we finish it. After all, this scene likely takes place before the path split because of the generic brown dialogue box.

Edited by Ryo

What makes something a "PC-style game" and why would such things not work well in Fire Emblem?

This is something I elaborated on very recently.

They wouldn't work because the slow and elaborate style of VC is very different to the quick and snappy style of FE, that it especially took on in recent years with the DS remakes and Awakening.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Why not? There has to be a point at the beginning when the two nations are at least not at war, or else why would they let Kamui return to Hoshido? Nohr is definitely responsible for the mess we see in the image, but what if no one (or at least no one in your playable party) has known that yet, and they're trying to investigate the situation? Even if the Jeigan guy doesn't want to cooperate with Hoshido, he can still see that the Nohrian princess herself (Aqua) is in danger right there. It's unlikely he would just sit there and watch, Kamui probably gave him order to assist as well. There are many possibilities here. And even if there is only Kamui there, I still don't see why he couldn't be placed on a nearby area (or like you pointed out, the green-colored tile is entirely possible as well.) It's not like FE has never separated one or two units from the main group before, the player could do that as well for whatever reason. But personally I don't think he's that far away (in case he is indeed featured on that map). If you look at this page, the Jeigan is also nowhere to be found, but we cannot argue that he's not there.

Honestly, just because they're not at war(which we have no way of knowing) doesn't mean their relations are cordial. It is a fact that some Hoshido figure was brutally murdered/defeated by Garon, and if he's really taking custody of Kamui during that scene, this happened way before this chapter, since Kamui has been living in Nohr for years at that point. Maybe Kamui ends up in Hoshido by accident, or is captured by Saizou at the end of that dark chapter, through ninja teleport or some. Maybe Saizou tells him something that motivates him to go to Hoshido by himself(something along the lines of "wanna meet your real family?"). They don't have not to be at war for that to happen.

Ok, to go more in details about why I don't think there's a team split here, this seems like a very vertical chapter. Neither the top, left(arguably) or right sides of your theorized starting position look like they're supposed to be traversable or lead somewhere, and the only thing not playable is at the bottom of the screen. This map would have to be huge, especially for early game, to include a second group of characters in a way that makes neither of the two irrelevant to the battle at hand, assuming you're even fighting anything in the first place. Once again not impossible, but I'm really not buying that one.

Yes, Kamui could be present. The point of this theory wasn't to disprove that, but to show why it wasn't that likely to me, and what that could mean.

I still don't understand why she necessarily have to leave and then rejoin at a later point (and why said later point has to be after the path split). Assuming that Kamui doesn't not appear on this map, he can still meet up with her right after we finish it. After all, this scene likely takes place before the path split because of the generic brown dialogue box.

Frankly, you are correct, this one is more of an opinion of mine. This post is long enough as is so I'll try to sum up why I think that way:

-Scene takes place at dawn, just like the decision battle

-Fitting setting for what may be one of the most important events in the game: Kamui meeting Aqua

-Kamui is telling her something that could fit in an introduction("I was born in Hoshido, but raised in Nohr")

-She is not a part of your kin at all, so meeting her at a separate time makes sense

-She is absent from every scene with the Hoshido siblings, even the one with the "exalt". Those MAY all happen at the same time, but considering the very different sceneries involved, it seems more likely to me that they're separated by at least one chapter, which may not feature Aqua as a result

So, that lake scene would be when they meet, after Kamui already knows everyone else, right before the decision battle.

Additionaly, we have one example of her not being featured in what's very likely a before-the-choice chapter:

2u4KM0v.jpg

Considering the amount of characters less important than her featured in that scene, I'm pretty positive she's not present. This is relevant because it shows that the focus really isn't on both Kamui and her, but just on Kamui, for this chapter along with the numerous scenes we've seen by now.

Re-edited to shorten this thing a bit.

Edited by Cysx

This is something I elaborated on very recently.

They wouldn't work because the slow and elaborate style of VC is very different to the quick and snappy style of FE, that it especially took on in recent years with the DS remakes and Awakening.

I guess? Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG so "slow and elaborate" seems par for the course. I'm not sure how these things "wouldn't work" in a console game. Do menus scare people that much? I loved all the stuff you could do in VC.

I wonder why Kamui gives cavalier boy Hit+10 while Rinka gives Suzukaze Crit Avoid+5?

Women, man.

If I were to guess, it might have something to do with the class or the stats of the character doing the supporting.

I guess? Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG so "slow and elaborate" seems par for the course. I'm not sure how these things "wouldn't work" in a console game. Do menus scare people that much? I loved all the stuff you could do in VC.

A major complaint from even veteran players is that games like Tellius are "too slow". So there's that to consider too.