The Golden Emblem [Cancelled]

Attila

Welcome, members of the Serenes Forest Forums, to the Fire Emblem Engine remake of the Golden Sun games.

What this hack will contain:

-Custom Weapon Icons and Affinity Icons

-All eight characters from the Golden Sun Series

-New Map Sprites

-Dual wielding of weapons and magic

-Custom Maps and Events

This hack will be based off of FE7

Stuff I'll need help with:

Portraits: I'm really only going to need Garet, Ivan, Mia, Felix, Jenna, Sheba, Piers, Saturos, Menardi, Karst, Agaito, and Kraden made. I'll be able to handle most of the others

Battle Sprites: Basically everyone

Map Makers: I'll be able to handle some of these

Text Editors: I can do most of this, but for what I can't, I'll need help

Eventers: I can't event to save my life

What's been done so far:

Young Isaac and Garet's portraits are made

Isaac's portrait is done

The Prologue's events are written

Added the "Weapon and Spell Fix Patch"

aside from that, not much really

Hopefully, I'll have a patch with the prologue done next week. The prologue is probably the most simple chapter, considering you have to hit like one button to finish it

Chapter 1 will be where the actual story begins, such as the Sol Sanctum (implementing enemies may be hard, but then again, this isn't going to be a 100% remake of Golden Sun with FE Engines. I'll probably just use generic enemies with random classes and weapons to fit)

Edited by Matt Custov

Cool idea! If I can make a suggestion it would be to not give up with eventing. The vast majority of the information is out there waiting for you to learn it so you just have to grind through the basics and you can make a great hack. You'll also find that people like to see the creator of the hack have some progress before they decide they want to help with the hack. This usually means doing some of the initial sprites and maybe make a chapter or two that you can show off to get people interested.

Good luck and keep your nose to the grindstone :)

If I can make a suggestion it would be to not give up with eventing.

I wasn't planning on giving up with eventing xD. I was just saying I can't do shit on it. I'm reading tutorials almost 24/7 now, which is how the Prologue's Events are now written