Ending Kamui's family.

Mayus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh, does everyone think that Takumi and Leon are the most likely to die? They're the two that I find most interesting, I certainly hope they don't kick it (or are the only sibling pair to die).

I really have no idea whether the game is going to force you to kill the siblings on the side you don't choose, or if they're going to find some believable way to not kill them/maybe recruit them. I mean, if the total number of playable units on each side is super low (compared to previous FEs), I'd be more inclined to believe you can nab some of your opposing siblings. If the number of playable characters on both sides is closer to a standard FE game, probably not.

Right? That's how I felt reading this thread lol. They do seem like the most likely to die, though... Not as important as Marx/Ryouma and not as innocent/caring as the sisters. Their personality traits alone make them the "least likable" by Kamui, and I could see them dying off in a fit of jealousy or rage even if they are the most interesting in my eyes. Definitely the two most expendable looking characters of the bunch.

Except the 3rd Path would be blatantly propped up as the "best choice" to make. And then what would be the point of the other paths?

Especially since the 3rd Path is DLC.

This is why I hope the 3rd path is something like the Destruction Path in Armored Core: For Answer

If you don't know in the Destruction Path you side with Old King (A crazy genocidal bastard), destroy Cradle 03, killing millions of innocents (As Old King hums a tune no less) and then eventually take down 4 (or 5 if your playing on Hard Mode) of the best LYNX and become the greatest monster mankind has ever faced

I think it would be interesting if the story was affected by WHO killed the siblings. For example, if Kamui personally kills Ryouma, Leon and Camilla would be less willing to be recruited than if Leon killed Ryouma.

I don't think your siblings are going to care much if it's you who kills Ryoma/Marx or someone else in your army. As soon as you kill the effective patriarch of the family, everyone will hate you.

Most definitely, aside from the recruitment

There is going to be some character overlap between routes. I figure Elise and Sakura are the most impressionable of the 4 siblings so if the player puts in all the work for it, they should be recruitable.

^ note to self, remember to use fire magic (if it exists) to Kill/Burn as many Hoshidians as possible. For the glory of Nohr!!!

Yeah i actually don't mind if we can or if we have to kill the opposing family, such is war after all.

You know, Hoshido is pretty... buddhism (buddhist ? I never know.)...
And there was a monk in real life that decided to burn himself alive as a sign of protestation...

... There's just no way I could ever do a joke that isn't offensive about that, huh ?

So I'm not apologizing, since I didn't do a joke about it. :D

You know, Hoshido is pretty... buddhism (buddhist ? I never know.)...

And there was a monk in real life that decided to burn himself alive as a sign of protestation...

There were multiple monks who committed self-immolation, many especially to protest the Vietnam War.

Regardless, I still really hope they'll make the third path have the option to spare/slay the other siblings as well (however, maybe at the expense of something else just to make it at least worth it to kill them if able). I'd hate the idea of recruiting them, since that defeats the purpose of it being a separate game. I'm sure that they're doing everything in their power to avoid that, though, since I doubt they'd take so much more time on a third path with a currently unknown date unless they were going to add new characters and story elements to it.

I get the feeling that the third path will allow you to recruit all the siblings but the conditions will be less straight forwards. Like how you had to talk to katarina three times to get her to swap sides all while she was trying to murder you.

Reading through people's opinions and thoughts here, I realize I'm in the minority regarding what I believe will happen to the little sisters: I believe they'll die BECAUSE they're the youngest and (seemingly) most innocent. It's an easy way to try and make the story look darker.

Edited by Thane

Reading through people's opinions and thoughts here, I realize I'm in the minority regarding what I believe will happen to the little sisters: I believe they'll die BECAUSE they're the youngest and (seemingly) most innocent. It's an easy way to try and make the story look darker.

Totally agree.

This would be sad. :/

And I just got an idea ... If you choose the Nohr path, you will have to kill Ryouma and Hinoka to be the successor of the Hoshidan's throne, then if Kamui is female then she will have to marry Marx to reunite Hoshido and Nohr so Garon will have the glory and the empire he seeks and any threat will be eradicated lol

I think all siblings should die. It's just that they look about 15 to 16 years old, but I suppose that is what could have raised the rating to C.

True Ending: Kamui slays all of his family except for his younger sisters, then forces Sakura and Elise to marry him and creates a new dynasty to rule over both Nohr and Hoshido. All hail Incest God Emperor Kamui! The reign of dragons will return and all of humanity will tremble before their might!

This would be sad. :/

And I just got an idea ... If you choose the Nohr path, you will have to kill Ryouma and Hinoka to be the successor of the Hoshidan's throne, then if Kamui is female then she will have to marry Marx to reunite Hoshido and Nohr so Garon will have the glory and the empire he seeks and any threat will be eradicated lol

Fire Emblem: Crusader Kings edition. In all seriousness, I would prefer it if the two sisters died, I just don't think its likely. It could be used to put stuff into perspective; we just lost our sister, but entire peasant villages are being wiped out at the same time.

At this point, I doubt if any of the other set of siblings will die. And if they do, it'll likely be Marx/Ryouma because of position or Leon/Takumi because most distant from Kamui from what we've seen. Though Elise/Sakura being the only ones to die for perceptive or feels is also plausible. It would be interesting though since the Nohr path focuses on the revolution of itself, the Hoshido siblings are simply annihilated between the choice and Chapter 7 or are killed offscreen.

Here's how I'd do it. Takumi and Leon are early to mid-game bosses and you can either choose to kill them or spare/capture them. Killing them will give you some rare item or other in game benefit but sparing them could open up other more diplomatic options later on. For Sakura and Elise, I think you should be able to recruit them from the opposite side on the condition that you spared Takumi and Leon. If you killed the younger brothers, Sakura and Elise will be bosses but are only captured after the battle. In the story, the enemy will capture either Camilla or Hinoka and if you have Sakura or Elise as prisoners, you will be able to trade them back. If you don't trade them, a paralogue will open up to rescue the older sister but the other older sister will be the boss of that level.

Ryouma and Marx will be killed unless a long list of conditions are fulfilled including keeping their siblings alive.

I think there should be a difficult way to save/spare everyone, but only the younger sister should be possible to recruit.

I think this is also highly plausible if we indeed get to kill the other siblings.

At this point, I doubt if any of the other set of siblings will die. And if they do, it'll likely be Marx/Ryouma because of position or Leon/Takumi because most distant from Kamui from what we've seen. Though Elise/Sakura being the only ones to die for perceptive or feels is also plausible. It would be interesting though since the Nohr path focuses on the revolution of itself, the Hoshido siblings are simply annihilated between the choice and Chapter 7 or are killed offscreen.

It's easy enough to write a scenario where you have to cross blades with your Nohr family while playing Hoshido but there is less justification for fighting your Hoshido family when playing Nohr. You could have the Hoshido casualties happen offscreen but it would probably be less satisfying than fighting them head on. One idea could be that Kamui is making some progress in reforming Nohr but a smaller faction is pushing back. Hoshido, sensing an opportunity to destabilize Nohr, aids this faction and pushes Nohr towards a civil war. They could even don Nohr outfits and assassinate Garon to falseflag Kamui for a power grab. Kamui realizes this deception and, regrettably, has to fight Ryoma and crew. Hoshido has ninja, subterfuge is the name of the game!

It's easy enough to write a scenario where you have to cross blades with your Nohr family while playing Hoshido but there is less justification for fighting your Hoshido family when playing Nohr. You could have the Hoshido casualties happen offscreen but it would probably be less satisfying than fighting them head on. One idea could be that Kamui is making some progress in reforming Nohr but a smaller faction is pushing back. Hoshido, sensing an opportunity to destabilize Nohr, aids this faction and pushes Nohr towards a civil war. They could even don Nohr outfits and assassinate Garon to falseflag Kamui for a power grab. Kamui realizes this deception and, regrettably, has to fight Ryoma and crew. Hoshido has ninja, subterfuge is the name of the game!

Hmmm, interesting, especially the subterfuge part. Though I personally can't see Ryouma utilizing those tactics, I can see Takumi leading that action, being captured/gravely injured/dying in the skirmish and that news is what brings Ryouma into Nohr leading to his own defeat/death.

Well, it could be the case that Hoshido is sort of like If's Plegia; it's sort of the throw away enemy for the main event. Although, O do hope that there is some form of guerrilla war arc in Hoshido, as being on the receiving end of guerrilla warfare is an interesting story idea.

I think the families on both sides will be alive no matter what route, while the side characters on both paths (Kazahana, Orochi, The Maids and Servants, Saizou) will be the ones killed. Due to the fact that it seems that Felicia will side with Hoshido regardless, since she'll probably won't be playable in the Nohr campaign while her counterpart will be.

That and IS has a track record of never killing off important main characters and royal family in previous FE's. Emmeryn's death was supposed to mean something to the story, but no, they just retcon that along with Yen'fay's death either to please the two fans that wanted them playable, or They wanted to imply that Lucina actually did change the future by arriving. they just have weak stomachs and don't enjoy scripted deaths, they'll gladly kill off side characters or units with more personality then the main characters with sad 3 second music and one little quote.

I wish IS treated death a little more seriously to make a dynamic story or add depth to their characters.

I think the families on both sides will be alive no matter what route, while the side characters on both paths (Kazahana, Orochi, The Maids and Servants, Saizou) will be the ones killed. Due to the fact that it seems that Felicia will side with Hoshido regardless, since she'll probably won't be playable in the Nohr campaign while her counterpart will be.

That and IS has a track record of never killing off important main characters and royal family in previous FE's. Emmeryn's death was supposed to mean something to the story, but no, they just retcon that along with Yen'fay's death either to please the two fans that wanted them playable, or They wanted to imply that Lucina actually did change the future by arriving. they just have weak stomachs and don't enjoy scripted deaths, they'll gladly kill off side characters or units with more personality then the main characters with sad 3 second music and one little quote.

I wish IS treated death a little more seriously to make a dynamic story or add depth to their characters.

Technically, they didn't retcon Yen'fey's death. It's established that the playable one is from another realm where Say'ri got killed instead of him.