Should we expect new info every week on this game?

If you ask me, it seems we have been getting tidbits of new info every week ever since the April direct while this week gave us a lot of news.

Would it be right of us to expect some news every week from now on since the game is coming out in a month for Japan?

Edited by Kamui-of-Nohr

I hope so, merely to satisfy my obsessive compulsive behaviour, because I really want to know more about the game, and more specifically, more about the characters.

Me too. I really wish they didn't reveal Aqua as a Nohrian princess kidnapped by the Hoshido. I felt that could've been put under wraps.

Me too. I really wish they didn't reveal Aqua as a Nohrian princess kidnapped by the Hoshido. I felt that could've been put under wraps.

Yeah, it could of maybe been a later reveal, as that is one of the most parts of the game's story, i feel.

Anyways I want to finally hear some more about Elfie, Saizou, Orochi, Linca, Tsubaki, Kazahana, Suzukase, and the others now!

Unusual for me to be a pessimist, but I wouldn't bet on it. Or, rather, I believe this week's magazine scan may be the biggest dump of info we'll be getting until the game itself comes out. There ought to be more information before then, sure, but I don't think it'll be very big.

It might be possible at E3 we will get more info on how It will be released in NA and Europe and possibly a last trailer since E3 is the week before its Japanese launch

I think it will be revealed to the characters by chapter 6, so I don't think it's too much of a spoiler.

There're still a lot of things that they need to address though. How does the support system work? How does Attack Stance/Guard Stance work? Why are there tiny shield icons on one unit's stat screen? Why do units lose armors after being attacked and how does that work? What is the ringed skill? What are the new classes? How does magic work?

^ since when did they reveal all the information before the game came out, also how does magic work? Sigh just cause gaiden did magic differently doesn't mean if will.

FE13 had multiple videos just to explain stuffs like classes, pair-ups, skills. I didn't say that magic would be like Gaiden, but there's obviously ice magic and talismans, which are new. I don't need them to reveal everything, but we need to know how the newer stuffs work, considering there'll be a lot of them in this game.

Edited by Ryo

^ okay i get that but, why magic in particular? is what I'm trying to say, why should an ice spell or talismans need a pre release explanation but not katanas, nagintas and maces. Did awakening show off the new weapons pre release? Also they might not feel the need to explain something if its pretty much the same as awakening.

Those I listed above are just examples, not necessarily everything that needs to be explained, so yes, katana, naginata etc. should at least be briefly mentioned. Awakening did not have new weapon types as far as I can remember, they even removed some sub-weapon types from previous games. The ones I listed are also not the same as Awakening at all, even though they did inherit from Awakening's mechanics to some degree.

I don't really think so...?

^ since when did they reveal all the information before the game came out, also how does magic work? Sigh just cause gaiden did magic differently doesn't mean if will.

All the stuff he's talking about, Awakening had explanation videos on before it was out. (not literally, but a lot of things that had the same gist.)

Edited by L95

I think, at the very least, we'll see features in Famitsu every week, even if they're not as large as this week. Just a few pages of some details, and character art of some of other new characters. They've got at most 6 weeks to cover everything they want to before release.

I wouldn't mind seeing some character names and some art. Hopefully the characters would have a short blurb about them as well. But I'm not really expecting information out of them, just hoping for it.

Me too, but I also feel like if that's revealed very early in the game (or even in the instruction manual, assuming it has one) that it would probably get tossed around casually on places like this without spoiler tags so they didn't feel the need to hide it.

^ okay i get that but, why magic in particular? is what I'm trying to say, why should an ice spell or talismans need a pre release explanation but not katanas, nagintas and maces. Did awakening show off the new weapons pre release? Also they might not feel the need to explain something if its pretty much the same as awakening.

Chances are that katanas, naginatas, and kanabous will work just like their counterparts (swords, lances, and axes). Magical items, how magic can be used, whether the magic triangle is back, and other such things regarding magic still have yet to be revealed. I'm unaware if anything other than tomes, staves, and phantoms have been used in FE for magic users. The way in which these new items will be used will likely have similar mechanics (in terms of range), but could be different from other games, as much of them are new to the series.

Personally, I just want there to be more information on (magic items and mechanics for such, obviously) the characters, classes, and other mechanics that will be different from the other games. Explaining how certain mechanics in the game work is different from explaining the story of the game, so this won't largely affect anything other than our current knowledge.

Edited by Alphonetic

I'm hoping for class information and a portrait for Rinka. Names and faces for the other maid and Jeigans would be nice too.

Totally agreed. I can't wait for more info on Oni, and other new classes. Oni especially, because their design makes me think less bruisery Fighter with higher speed and res., but apparently they're supposed to have higher strength and defense than Fighter. Plus Revenant Knight, I want some questions answered about that one.

The more known about Cravat-san the better.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Totally agreed. I can't wait for more info on Oni, and other new classes. Oni especially, because their design makes me think less bruisery Fighter with higher speed and res., but apparently they're supposed to have higher strength and defense than Fighter. Plus Revenant Knight, I want some questions answered about that one.

The more known about Cravat-san the better.

Higher defense you say? That's surprising. I thought they were the eastern equivalent of Barbarians (because only westerners are barbarians!). I'm liking the Japanese ogre aesthetics. I'm still of the opinion that Revenant Knights are simply wyvern riders but a part of me hopes Camilla will use dark magic on promotion.