Binding Blade Localization

5%.

The chance exists. Mysterious Murasame Castle finally saw a western release nearly 20 years after its original debut. Chances are pretty damn low, though. If we happen to get an announcement of a localized Mother 3 at E3 to go with Lucas, though (which I also find extremely unlikely), the chance would probably go way up.

Banking on that 1% crit

With the inclusion of FE6 cast as DLC in FE13, it's possible?

Totally worked with Awakening spot pass/dlc didn't it.

In Europe and Austrailia? Yes. In the U.S. of A.? No

Considering that the 10th anniversary of the GBA release of Sacred Stones is in less than a week, I'm praying we hear news of a NA VC release soon

I've been waiting for Sacred Stones here in the U.S., as I obtained my 3DS after the price drop and therefore missed out on the ambassador program. As for a Binding Blade localization, I'm not saying it won't happen, but Mother 3 would need to happen first. We may actually see Mother 3 in the near future, as it was hinted at last year's E3, but that doesn't guarantee an FE translation.

Banking on that 1% crit

With the inclusion of FE6 cast as DLC in FE13, it's possible?

Pretty much everyone was included as DLC in FE13, so unfortunately I doubt that means much.

Nintendo have really shown to be unwilling to localize a number of great GBA games. I feel like Binding Blade would just not be profitable enough for them anyway.

I don't think they'll ever localize the Japanese games, sadly, but we can hope. If Roy is DLC for Smash it might boost the sales of FE7 on VC since everyone thinks Eliwood is Roy at first, and then raise demand for FE6 once more people see dat cliffhanger.

Still dreaming they'll announce a remake when Roy is revealed tho

• 2 weeks later...

5%.

The chance exists. Mysterious Murasame Castle finally saw a western release nearly 20 years after its original debut. Chances are pretty damn low, though. If we happen to get an announcement of a localized Mother 3 at E3 to go with Lucas, though (which I also find extremely unlikely), the chance would probably go way up.

Mysterious Murasame Castle is extremely text-light, though, and they didn't translate any of the Japanese text (probably because they didn't really have to; they could explain what little text there was in the "manual," which you really can't do for text-heavy games like FE6).

They would more likely remake FE6 from scratch and localize the remake, like they did with FE1, than localize the original game.

They would more likely remake FE6 from scratch and localize the remake, like they did with FE1, than localize the original game.

They'd probably remake Blazing Sword before Binding Blade, not just because it is a prequel, but because of its worldwide success. Nintendo has to take a huge risk when they translate an old game, as they don't know whether or not it will sell well enough to be worth the effort.

I think they should, the time is kind of right. I mean, we've recently had the huge success of Awakening, and fans are awaiting If, so... (this is also why I think FE12 should be localized too).

But then again, I don't think Ninty cares.

Edited by Star and Moon

I think they should, the time is kind of right. I mean, we've recently had the huge success of Awakening, and fans are awaiting If, so... (this is also why I think FE12 should be localized too).

But then again, I don't think Ninty cares.

Exactly, especially if Roy does come back to Smash Bros as DLC. He advertised the original in Melee, he could advertise the VC version/remake now. :P As far as I know it isn't even on the Japanese eShop, I think it's the only game pre PoR that isn't actually, which is kind of odd.

• 3 weeks later...

May be more likely than you think. Nintendo just announced Mother 1 for the Wii U eshop in NA and Europe. I guess I'm eating my own words, but with Roy as a new Smash DLC character, this localization has a chance.

The main difference between FE6 and Mother 1 is that Nintendo already had a Mother 1 script written, but the game wasn't localized. The eShop version uses that script. For FE6 they will have to localize an entire script.