July 2015 Nintendo Dream comes with 132 page FE booklet

VincentASM

So 5 years ago, the August 2010 issue of Nintendo Dream came with a 84 page "Fire Emblem Artwork Selection" booklet containing artwork from all 12 games in the series.

nindori1705-1.jpg

Due to popular demand, the July 2015 issue, which releases on 21st May 2015, includes a similar booklet--the cleverly titled "Fire Emblem Artwork Selection 2". Except this time, it has a whopping 132 pages, almost as many pages as the magazine itself (I'm comparing it to the June 2013 issue, which had... 132 pages)!

nindori1705-2.jpg

Besides featuring pages of all your favourite artworks, there are pages for each game designed like a flier, artwork from Awakening (which weren't available back then) and some artwork from Fire Emblem if (presumably of the Avatars, Aqua and 8 royal siblings).

The magazine itself also has a feature on Fire Emblem if and the Cipher TCG, although in all likelihood it's mostly going to be info we already know (from Famitsu, the Cipher livestream or otherwise).

So yeah, might be an interesting thing to have for collectors.

EDIT: Oops, I thought something was wrong. The first one was 84 pages, so it's only a 40 page increase. Also, the first one was A5, so I'm assuming this one is too.

Edited by VincentASM

Oh, this is cool! So, where do you see/get this magazine?

I forgot where I got my last issue (way back in 2013), but I think I may have ordered it from CDJapan.

It's shipped from Japan, but the shipping wasn't that bad. That or I erased the horrific experience from my memory XD

Oh. I figured that it came from Japan. Don't you have to use some kind of forwarding service to get stuff shipped from there to another country though? I've heard people say this about importing Amiibo.

Oh. I figured that it came from Japan. Don't you have to use some kind of forwarding service to get stuff shipped from there to another country though? I've heard people say this about importing Amiibo.

I've imported various FE stuff through Amazon.jp and as long as they have international shipping or CVS available as options they ship directly to your address I've done this and have had no issues so far.

Speaking of importing would this be something readily available on Amazon.jp or is this one of those special convention type give away things or available only to certain japanese sellers?

Depends on the site you're importing from, plenty of import (hence... import) sites ship outside of the US. Of course, if you're not using an import site, yeah, you gotta forward it if the store doesn't ship worldwide.

Speaking of importing would this be something readily available on Amazon.jp or is this one of those special convention type give away things or available only to certain japanese sellers?

It comes with the magazine. So Amazon Japan should have it.

I just suggested CDJapan since IIRC the shipping (to me, in the UK) was cheaper. Unfortunately, it's not listed on CDJapan right now, but it should be there eventually.

Edited by VincentASM

It comes with the magazine. So Amazon Japan should have it.

I just suggested CDJapan since IIRC the shipping (to me, in the UK) was cheaper. Unfortunately, it's not listed on CDJapan right now, but it should be there eventually.

Awesome thanks. I'll have to check it out once it hits online. For little stuff like books I can get shipped pretty cheap here on the East Coast of the US through Amazon. Although more options is never a bad thing.

Depends on the site you're importing from, plenty of import (hence... import) sites ship outside of the US. Of course, if you're not using an import site, yeah, you gotta forward it if the store doesn't ship worldwide.

Oh, okay, I see now. Thanks.

With the amiibos thing, I've been buying stuff from Amazon Japan directly using this forwarding service www.tenso.com , there might be cheaper ones, but this is the one I've been using and is pretty good and it's secure, they give you a Japanese address and all.

I just want to make sure, the July issue comes out in May? I figured it'd be the June issue, since July has a month between it and May. But I barely pay attention to how magazines are ordered so I have no idea

Yes, that's right. TBH, I have no idea why it works that way.

Is this link the issue that will come with the FE artbook? It says it's the July issue and will be released on May 21, 2015

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Nintendo-DREAM-2015%E5%B9%B4-07-%E6%9C%88%E5%8F%B7/dp/B00UJXL4D0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431933635&sr=8-1&keywords=nintendo+dream+2015

Yes, that's completely correct.

Yes, that's completely correct.

Thank you for the help! I went ahead and pre-ordered it. Although I do not have a scanner, I can take pictures of the book when it arrives. Hopefully someone else with a scanner will be able to get a hold of it.