Let's fail Fire Emblem 4.

scigeek101

I have wanted to get around to playing this for awhile now, I think now is the time. I know nothing about it other than the generation system and how highly recommend most fans make it out to be.

No translation patch for me either. Got my cartridge I found at a recycle shop, and my dictionary.

Prologue:Birth of the Holy Knights.

Some kingdom called grandbell is sent their military force to fight barbarians from Isaac. Then Gandalf attacked and is about to capture a princess. It's up to Siguardo to save the day.

Wow this map is huge! And it's the prologue!?!?!

That Mage I got seems pretty strong. Is rescuing a thing? Then I could carry slow units across the map.

Also checking the options there was one for "enemy intelligence" what's that? Is it like a difficulty setting? I set it to "intelligent"

No translation patch for me either. Got my cartridge I found at a recycle shop, and my dictionary.

Impressive, much respect! (Assuming you're not a native/heritage speaker.)

Edited by Hero

Well today went pretty badly. A bunch of reinforcements rode to my rescue, that's good. Seems like Siguardo has lots of friends who ride in rescue him from Gandalf despite their own kingdoms being on the brink of invasion. (Sure nothing bad will happen there, Thracia seems like a peaceful place where nothing bad ever happens, it's not like the sequel takes place there)

Then bad stuff started happening. Alec died, and my mage died. I forgot battle saves were a thing so I need to start over.

On a lighter note Gandalf lived up to his namesake by being all "you shall not pass" and destroying a bridge. Perhaps he and Lord Ring will team up later.

Finished up the prologue. Weapon triangle seems important in this title, my spear wielders got hit hard by axe dudes.

I can definitely see the superiority of mounted units, everybody else is too slow.