Do you think this game might have you kill off playable characters from the other side?

Knight

Actually, this would make a pretty good topic. If you choose Nohr, do you think you might be able to kill some of the important characters on the opposing side of Hoshido? Or vice-versa? Do you think you may have the option to kill them, having possible repercussions later in the game? (the character is unrecruitable) Who do you think might get killed off out of the cast we've been so far introduced to? Do you think this would be an interesting moral decision or storytelling element?

Yes and if I can't I will be seriously disappoint. Isn't the point of having to choose one side to suffer the consequence of killing the losing opposing side? It loses impact if everyone who is built up as a character is kept alive. I can see the sisters being able to walk away, but everyone else should be fair game.

Well yeah, they did say that characters that would be allies on one side could be strong enemies on the other. Presumably this means on the first playthrough, you may kill other playable characters without realizing it until you play the other side, learn their back stories and feel really bad.

Well yeah, they did say that characters that would be allies on one side could be strong enemies on the other. Presumably this means on the first playthrough, you may kill other playable characters without realizing it until you play the other side, learn their back stories and feel really bad.

Unless you never bought the other version

I could imagine a chapter where you have to battle Marx or the opposing samurai leader dude (I forget his name) to the death. I think it would be interesting if there was a Camus thing where you can ignore a character and not kill them on one chapter, but risk losing a legendary weapon. (or maybe he's recruitable later?) This character doesn't need to be Marx or Samurai guy, but someone with some weight on the plot.

I assume you'll be fighting the characters from the other side and have to kill at least a couple of them. Although, I suppose you could just maim them instead :p

In the teaser, there was a segment where Kamui joined Hoshido and it showed Elise as one of the enemies (killing imoutos at such an early part...)

In the trailer on the direct, Ryouma crouching down defeated may imply that you need to kill him in the Nohrian route.

In short, yes, though, I'm not sure exactly how many of your brethren/former allies you have to kill (Marx and Ryouma are definitely fated to die by you depending on which side you choose)

You might "kill" your siblings but not actually kill them. As in you fight them and reduce their HP to zero but they don't die they just retreat. I could see that happening with the sisters (especially the younger sisters).

They should definitely have at least one or two of the characters from the other side die off. It's kind of silly if its supposed to be your big choice on who to fight with/against and no one dies. But if they do kill off characters, then the third route should have options to keep all the characters alive.

I'm actually hoping for Radiant Dawn style more - mostly because I'm obsessed with collecting characters.

But at the same time, whatever they do, I just hope whoever gets killed would stay dead. SpotPass made Awakening a much weaker story than it should have been.

I think either will happen: only the kings and the older brothers die, or everyone except the younger sisters dies. Either way, Kamui might be paired with Aqua in the end, which would make as much sense as Katarina falling for Kris after his team killed every one of her former colleagues. One more reason for me to support a Radiant Dawn-like development.

EDIT - From the looks of it, there really are characters exclusive to either side. Now I hope there is a third or maybe fourth story that kills no one.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I`m fairly sure that they will have you kill characters that you can play as on the other side, regardless of status/age (With ,maybe the exeption of Sakura/Elise since they are the youngest). I can`t say for sure, but I think it`s fairly safe to asume that will be the case.

yes.

i'm 100% sure that they're gonna make you kill the people on the side you didn't pick.

get rekt takumi

Indeed. Otherwise it would dampen the impact of your choice. I'm not saying you should kill everyone on the other side with your bare hands, but there should definitely be real, potentially heartrending consequences.

Indeed. Otherwise it would dampen the impact of your choice. I'm not saying you should kill everyone on the other side with your bare hands, but there should definitely be real, potentially heartrending consequences.

oooh, i'm here for heartrending, tbh.

and yeah, same on the w/ your hands. if it happens in a cutscene by someone else or it's mentioned (i.e. "khan basilio has fallen" sort of thing for both), then i'm totally fine with that. but i do think you're going to at least kill ryouma/marx yourself.

Absolutely. An no exceptions either! It's the highest rated game to date (what was it, like 15+?) and you're supposed to suffer the consequences when picking a side, yeah? Would't really be much of a difference regarding choosing a side if everyone gets away unharmed.