It seems like quite a bit of people are going to spoil themselves... If this game came out...

I tend to avoid major spoilers myself. What I'm doing with a few of the big games coming out that I want to get is that I'm only following news from either gaming mags/news websites or official information, which tends to be very spoiler light. As far as I know, it's the only spoiler-pretty-much-free way to ride the hype train, and it has worked out pretty well so far for me. As long as I don't look at anything in google before pressing the 'news' button, I think I'm ok. Take Xenoblade X, for example. Search it on google every day, still haven't got a clue about the story past (presumably) the first few cutscenes (which Nintendo has released anyway)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case, I'd spoil the gameplay rather than the story.

I usually go around looking at gameplay every time I decide to buy a game. I usually look at stats, possible reclasses, and new/changes of certain functions such as the weapon triangle. I spoil myself pretty selectively. I don't necessarily look at the story since that's what kills the game for me most of the time, but I will occasionally pull up a website to see what happens after I finish something out of curiosity.

I'll probably try to only spoil the character designs, if anything.

Perhaps a little about how the game works (if there's marriage, etc.)

Just so I know that I 100% want to go for Nohr (I mean, that butler on the other side does seem kind of tempting to switch sides..)

I'm going to try with every ounce of my being and soul to not spoil anything like music, story and supports.

...And by that I mean I'm going to spoil everything and end up crying myself to sleep for 6+ months ' _ '

If it wasn't for the 6 months time gap between releases (AND likely another 2-4 months for the European version...) I will most likely spoil myself. If they had announced the western release for December 2015 on the other hand... things would've been different.