Can the Avatar romance Camilla?

PokeFan

I loved marriage and romance in FEA and my friend introduced me to Fire Emblem.

So I really hope Avatar can romance Camilla and romance Marx & Leon too as female Avatar.

I'd love for there to be Beach and Hot Spring DLC too to expand on character interaction with romance partners too.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you can't because FE would NEVER have incest in it

That being said, I might actually be inclined to say yes, except for the fact that parallelism and if you tried to do a similar thing with the people in Hoshido it would actually be incest and therefore "crossing a line". So no, I don't think this will be a thing.

She isn't. Just the concept of a parent going for their kid is, and will inherently turn people off. Much more so than sibling-adoptive sibling and maybe even sibling-sibling. Not only because of genetics, either: there is a definite power imbalance, too. There is a reason why people don't like teachers banging students.

It's not really a good equivalence, imo. Now if you were to say what if people wanted to bang their milf, there IS Oedipus... but there hasn't really been a history of using that trope in the series thank god

So? all I'm trying to argue is that the westermack effect still matters and the fact that we are not Kaimui is immaterial. Wether or not it is equivalent in squick doesn't matter as 1 it requires you to think of the relationship as real people which if you do, adopted siblings are pretty much the same thing and 2 Morgan and robin barely know each other and is in some ways no worse than any of the rest of the 2nd gen. Edited by goodperson707

That imbalance can be the case in sibling relationships as well, even moreso when one of the siblings is adopted.

Can be, but I don't think it's as implicitly implied.

Personally? I find Marx and Leon attractive. If they allowed S-ranks for them I wouldn't puke, though I'm not sure if I would personally go that route on my first try. MAYBE if I had no other appealing options.

EDIT:

So? all I'm trying to argue is that the westermack effect still matters

To you.

All I'm saying it clearly doesn't for everyone, and I gave reasons why.

Edited by Crysta

Honestly, it doesn't matter if she's shippible or not. People will regardless.

Looks at Ikexanyfemale ships

Internet Rule 48:two characters so much as glance at each other, they will be shipped

I think she will be shippible, but it doesn't matter in the long run. It's only weird to us cause we don't live in a midevil socity, but incest was a COMMON practice among nobles back then to keep their bloodline strong. FE may be a fantasy game series, but it usually plays midevil governments realistically.

FE 4 is the greatest example of this IMO. Is it good or bad is subjective, If it's there, it won't be a major plot point unless its FE4

^^ well yes the goodness or badness of it is subjective, but this is the characters who interact, so while i agree that in FE the wider world is mainly midevil the playable characters mainly do not quite follow the mind set. If it fits the characters i don't really mind, eldeigan and his sister (who's name i suck at spelling) didn't bother me that much but Alvis and Deirdre hardly counts as a natural occurring incestuous relationship But the thing is one of the characters in this pairing is my self insert and I'm not comfortable with it and i don't think incest was regarded as normal in FE 4 eldigan was married and alvis was a secret i also seem to remember some village convos against the practice, so i don't think either of them would look at the practice favourably. though if they do add it i won't mind all that terribly but I'm not sure if they will as it also knocks off the balance of pairings between the two games. But anyway i myself am not going to be romancing camilla and that is all that matters to me,

wyvern units seem to make good pair-up units to probably

I'm not stepping into the shipping wars.

EDIT:

Doesn't Leaf x Nanna ring a bell? Altenna x Areone? Seliph (or Lester/Delmud/Skasaha) x Lana/Lakche?

That thing means nothing in the fire emblem universe, I don't see why it's always brought up.

People: SCIENCE AND REALISM FIRE EMBLEM

Me: lol

Edited by Crysta

"Camilla, I never once saw you as family; I've loved you since I was a kid!"

Or some variant thereof. Guaranteed.

If you can S-support her, they will definitely use this. I think it would be unfair to Hoshido players though.

^^ come down to? I anything this is a step up as least whether or not Camilla and the rest are able to be romanced or not is an actual thing that might or might not be in the game and its been a while since someone said that the series is doomed cause of causal/pheonix/lack of weapon uses. So to sum up this thread is actually speculating something that actually exists, and its not an argument on a optional mode, or the death of the series cause weapons don't break, i don't even think i have heard much talk if cliche or tropes or 1 - D characters in the arguments. Yeah i would say this is a step up.....

Yeah thats kinda sad.

Edited by goodperson707

Yeah, one reason I see this not happening is that people playing the Hoshido path wouldn't be able to S support any member of the royal family.

And I sincerely hope it doesn't happen, after all there will be plenty of other potential romance-able characters for the avatar that wouldn't be a part of the royal families.

If you can S-support her, they will definitely use this. I think it would be unfair to Hoshido players though.

I also think it'll be unfair to Hoshido players, but I'm in the boat that thinks they will reveal that you aren't related to them either. Therefore, allowing you to marry both families.

Though regarding the real incest thing, while I highly dislike this trope, I'm fine with the Hoshido siblings being up for marriage to the Avatar since you have to choose to marry them for it to be incestuous. I mean, as an example, it certainly isn't like Takumi will be in love with F!Avatar if you choose not to pursue their supports.

The thing I'm afraid of is the siblings being incestuous with each other a-la Eldigan/Lachesis and not with Kamui. Ugh.

I wouldn't choose one mode over the other based on how many waifus or husbandos are available to me. I wouldn't consider it an injustice if the mode I chose had less.

But that's just me.

I also think it'll be unfair to Hoshido players, but I'm in the boat that thinks they will reveal that you aren't related to them either. Therefore, allowing you to marry both families.

Though regarding the real incest thing, while I highly dislike this trope, I'm fine with the Hoshido siblings being up for marriage to the Avatar since you have to choose to marry them for it to be incestuous. I mean, as an example, it certainly isn't like Takumi will be in love with F!Avatar if you choose not to pursue their supports.

The thing I'm afraid of is the siblings being incestuous with each other a-la Eldigan/Lachesis and not with Kamui. Ugh.

I'm not sure I follow you, you don't like incest but you'd be okay with it if Kamui initiates it?

Why would you be comfortable with Kamui getting married to his or her siblings but not the siblings marrying each other?

For the record, I'd be okay with your Nohr family being romancible IF it was clearly established that they think of Kamui as being a close family friend (ie hostage) and not their true brother. And no "we're totally family!" until S rank support "Just kidding, I've wanted to bone you my whole life".

I'm not sure I follow you, you don't like incest but you'd be okay with it if Kamui initiates it?

Why would you be comfortable with Kamui getting married to his or her siblings but not the siblings marrying each other?

For the record, I'd be okay with your Nohr family being romancible IF it was clearly established that they think of Kamui as being a close family friend (ie hostage) and not their true brother. And no "we're totally family!" until S rank support "Just kidding, I've wanted to bone you my whole life".

Haha, I guess I didn't explain myself very well. But no, I think it would be terrible no matter who initiated it if they were indeed blood related. I meant it in the way that the player themselves has to want an incestuous relationship (kind of like Lucina and Owain), thus making it possible to have incest. However, if the player wants to avoid incest, they can just not get those supports.

I just don't want a forced incest relationship/character trait (ex: Leon/Takumi having incestuous feelings towards Elise/Sakura or vice-versa) since the player will have no choice in the matter and won't be able to avoid the incest (in the case of Kamui having incest supports).

In short, I want to be able to avoid (full blood related) incest if at all possible. Sorry if it doesn't make sense or anything.

I just don't want a forced incest relationship/character trait (ex: Leon/Takumi having incestuous feelings towards Elise/Sakura or vice-versa) since the player will have no choice in the matter and won't be able to avoid the incest (in the case of Kamui having incest supports).

The daughter of Leon x Elise marries the son of Camilla x Marx and their child become the heir to the Nohr throne. Trust me, my dad works at Nintendo.

I wouldn't be worried about non-Kamui related romance drama. If anything, I'd be more concerned with Kamui being the center of all attention, despite being 1 child out of 5 (and only a middle child, at that).

The daughter of Leon x Elise marries the son of Camilla x Marx and their child become the heir to the Nohr throne. Trust me, my dad works at Nintendo.

I wouldn't be worried about non-Kamui related romance drama. If anything, I'd be more concerned with Kamui being the center of all attention, despite being 1 child out of 5 (and only a middle child, at that).

Oh my god, that would be horrible . Add in Hoshido's incest children and both will create an all out war with their fans , haha, including myself.

Yeah, I hope there isn't any surprise romance with incest elements. Though I personally think Aqua is going to steal Kamui's thunder like Robin did Chrom's, but that's a totally different story here...

Edited by Swirl-Theory

With out any blood relations, there is no biological reason not to marry Camila as Kamui, and politically it isn't a bad idea due to the fact you will likely be the sole living heir to the throne of Hoshido and that will link the thrones by somebody who Garon trusts as the Governor of Hoshido for the victorious Nohr. This argument works for any member of the Nohr royal line and Kamui.

We've considered the male avatar can romance Camilla, but can a female avatar also romance Camilla?

Unlikely. Nintendo hasn't had a single game with (explicit) homosexuality yet (although they did promise a Tomadochi Life 2 would have it).