Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Townslip if mafia's wincon isn't red. I'm not sure how to explain this properly...No! I can't speak english very well!

I do not get what you are saying, could you please explain more?

Um...let's say scum's wincon is blue. I don't think you'd have worded that statement like you did if that was the case (instead of saying the win condition is red, which implies that everyones' win condition is the same color, you'd mention that the town wincon in the opening is red or something like that).

Um...let's say scum's wincon is blue. I don't think you'd have worded that statement like you did if that was the case (instead of saying the win condition is red, which implies that everyones' win condition is the same color, you'd mention that the town wincon in the opening is red or something like that).

but, mafia's wincon is blue and as for the wording, I believe I would have said it the same way if I was simply reading from the OP, which may have actually been what I did.

Okay, now I'm the one who's confused. I'll take your word that you'd have done so as either alignment, but I'm curious about something else. What's your motivation in rebuking my town read on you?

I actually did not like how quickly you decided to be town reading me. Mafia would know who is town and who is not. So, they can easily get a few town reads without a proper reasoning behind it.

Fair enough; honestly, that's exactly what I was expecting you'd say lol (I was hoping you'd say something more alignment relevant, but I'm probably just being way too greedy here). I can't see why mafia would go for townreads early on, but I'm speaking from a biased position. Not really sure what else I can do at this point, but...Treasure Knight/Mole Knight, you should comment and give your thoughts on the last few posts (particularly regarding my line of reasoning and Tinker Knight's response).

could you explain or give examples on what you mean by more alignment relevant?

it really is annoying that none of the other knights decided to mix into the conversation

could you explain or give examples on what you mean by more alignment relevant?

it really is annoying that none of the other knights decided to mix into the conversation

As scum, I'd expect you to be more conciliatory (since you'd still want me to townread you in the end), but beyond that I was just planning on analyzing your response if you said something unexpected (e.g. if you were townreading me for my thought process, since your earlier posts didn't lead to that conclusion).

What do you mean by speaking from a biased position?

It's just a dumb and subtle way of saying "LOL I'm definitely town, you guys".

Thanks for providing your own meta for us :v

Light town on Tinker (mainly because he said exactly what I would say, honestly), null on King since my immediate thought is "This is scummy tbh" but I keep arguing with myself over it so I think that's enough for me to warrant a null

P much King I see what you're getting at, it's a good way of thinking but it's just coming off a bit odd particularly since you apparently attempted a gambit and then threw it on the table immediately before people could comment (Reminder has only been ~two hours since tinker's post and it's pretty late at night/early assuming most of you are Americans or European)

I am assuming everyone thought they were part of the mafia because of the red in the win condition

I don't know how exactly this is a town-slip, King Knight, it doesn't sound like an alignment-related statement to me. That said, I do not have a problem with Tinker Knight's reasoning. Feel that King Knight was too hasty to call Tinker Knight's statement a "town slip", but what bothers me the most is the following:

Addendum: Because as town, I tend to seek out townreads whereas as scum I just tend to sheep them.

Sounds a bit too hard to "justify" their town-reading of Tinker Knight's statement or something, it just makes me feel uneasy.

Mafia would want to get a few town reads early on to make it look like they have actual reads and therefore seem like town to others.

As scum,I'd expect you to be more conciliatory (since you'd still want me to townread you in the end), but beyond that I was just planning on analyzing your response if you said something unexpected (e.g. if you were townreading me for my thought process, since your earlier posts didn't lead to that conclusion).

Yes, I can agree that mafia would want to be more conciliatory, but why would you expect me to town read you?

If this is the paragraph after the quoted you mentioned in your post, I did not get it.

This also feels like you did exactly what mafia would do in your own theory, to me, because you just admitted that mafia would want people to town read them and you want me to town read you as well.

null on King since my immediate thought is "This is scummy tbh" but I keep arguing with myself over it so I think that's enough for me to warrant a null

could you explain what is the scummy thing King Knight did and why it also warrants as null?

It wasn't something I would have said at all if I hadn't been asked to clarify it lol.

Your addendum gives me the impression of being too "tryhard" to paint your actions as town, by telling us "because this is what I do as town and this is what I do as scum". That's what does not sit well with me.

Messed up on post

"If this is the paragraph after the quoted you mentioned in your post, I did not get it."

this line was supposed to be at the end, meaning, it was aimed at Treasure Knight

Your addendum gives me the impression of being too "tryhard" to paint your actions as town, by telling us "because this is what I do as town and this is what I do as scum". That's what does not sit well with me.

Yeah, because I was clarifying what I meant earlier when I said I was speaking from a biased position (the whole reason I didn't clarify that in the first place was because I knew that someone would nitpick at it and ignore whatever else I was saying).

Except this was your original response when Treasure Knight asked that question:

It's just a dumb and subtle way of saying "LOL I'm definitely town, you guys".

Your addendum came off a bit too serious and as if you were trying to justify your actions a bit too much. It feels a bit defensive, for the lack of a better word.

I wasn't attempting a gambit/reaction test (my earlier townslip comment was genuine), unless you're referring to something else.

You said you were expecting a certain kind of response from Tinker, though. And yes, I was referring to that.

could you explain what is the scummy thing King Knight did and why it also warrants as null?

I don't like that he was trying to trick you, I guess? Even unintentionally. But mostly it feels like he said a thing without thinking, it sort of backfired, and now he's trying to check himself before he wrecks himself, especially on a subject which has already confused enough people to warrant an announcement from the big guy himself. That's a thing anyone would do.

All in all I feel like it's a little early to make calls especially when we're just starting and people are obviously excited and wanting to jump into this headfirst; this whole scumslip thing feels like it's been blown out of proportion already which is something I was going to say earlier. However, it's been making plenty of conversation and material to work with so I'm not complaining

@Black Knight- Nah, that first response was serious as well. I made the addendum because I figured someone was going to ask "how is that a dumb and subtle way of saying "LOL, I'm definitely town you guys". I can see why you'd see that as defensive, but at least try to understand my motivations behind it (e.g. is this something I would do as scum or as town).

@Treasure Knight- Oh, I was expecting a certain kind of response to the question I asked him (after he clarified that he would do the perceived townslip as either alignment). Nothing really backfired on me, other than my townslip being wrong in retrospect. To explain my current position on him, I'm disregarding the townslip entirely but he's leaning town just for being more proactive at the moment (although I still would like a reply to my response to him). Kind of confused on your alignment, because I like the tone of your responses but you haven't really pushed much (not that I'm expecting you to push anything this early in the game, hence the null read as opposed to a scum read). It's kind of the opposite of my feelings regarding the Black Knight; I don't like his push on me but at least he's actually doing something.