Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

Cool, showtime. I'm going to post my thoughts on stuff chronologically, then take it from there.

Page 2

- Mole Knight provides some wonderful insight into allignments.

- There's a lot of dispute over colours in role PM's, that's cool I guess?

- Tinker dislikes being townread, although it's pretty early for townreads!

- Again, declaring that you made a legitimate townslip isn't really very convincing!

I'm taking a little issue with the discussion between King and Tinker, the interaction seems a little forced and they both seem very happy to drop it. It's nothing major, but it was enough to catch my eye. Self-meta in an anonymous game never really makes much sense, I'd avoid relying on it to justify yourself.

Page 3

- Tinker's logic makes my head spin a little, but reading it makes sense.

- My previous self does raise a point with King being rather eager to push themselves as town!

- Treasure also raises a valid point, King's actions have been more to establish themselves as town rather than try to do anything else.

Propeller's vote isn't entirely unjustified, although I feel it's grasping at the first thing they see. Truth be told, it was still early in the game, but I feel that it's for the delivery of content than the actual content itself.

I'm not even going to pretend that Propeller and my previous self had a meaningful interaction, although I'm pretty certain I now know the identities of five people in the game!

Page 4

- Plague appears! Although I can't say I agree. It'd be entirely possible that one could be scum and one could be town, I wouldn't say the hypothetical flip of one would clear the other.

- However, Specter's dislike seems relatively easy. It's pretty clear that the whole deal wasn't very helpful in scumhunting, but the counter to the post I linked above is solid.

- Tee-hee! Now I know six people! Mole's entire post was an emotional defense of the player rather that the slot, which unfortunately doesn't tell me very much. It's a massive post but unfortunately doesn't really apply to the game itself.

- King's vote on Plague seems sheepy. There's a good basis for the vote, but I don't feel the same level of commitment.

- Mole provides something content-like! Both responses are pretty legit, and there's nothing really that strikes me as bad about Mole currently.

Page 5

Serenes Forest, do you really have to play up at this time of night... constantly? Just a polite request for you to work!

My previous self and Propeller argue a little more, I'm still yet to find anything meaningful from it. Truth be told, it's little more than a glorified slapfight.

- King asks for reads from people, although I'm unsure if it's for clarity or just to snoop around a little.

- Polar seems like a cool dude, I'm really liking the attention and level of analysis. Of course, good play isn't always townplay, but I get a real feeling that they want to get the game rolling in a good direction.

My advice to Propeller would be to leave the incident behind them for the game, you're only likely to get yourself worked up. I know that you enjoy mafia games, but I feel you'd be much happier and participate better with a level head.

- The vote on Polar isn't spectacular though, it's very nitpicky considering Polar's only just appeared. I'm surprised after all that's happened, Polar is the only thing that gets a mention.

Page 6, nearly there!

- Specter's post is a lot of fluff, it's more about mafia tactics than the game itself. I guess that's nice!

- Plague brings up a point, but it's nothing terribly new or inspiring.

New Treasure, whee!

Propeller drops their read based on forum meta?

New post with current impressions coming in a moment.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@propeller do you think that plague's lack of a vote on polar says anything? i mean, i'm really not liking how plague's content has kinda gotten stuck on the thing my slot and yours had earlier. i mean their townread on you isn't bad because your scummy, but it just seems like an easy way to look like having reads when you don't have any

##Unvote

##Vote: Plague Knight

@treasure what i was trying to say was that you said that people on the forum tend to play in a particular with AtE but that just caught my eye, just clarifying thanks.

Another thing that bothers me is King's vote on Treasure, it just feel kind of random? A null confused read turned into a scumread is pretty bad, especially when I get the feeling you'd rather be voting somebody else from the reads you've given. It seems kind of mixed up, which doesn't look great. I'm also not a massive fan of the Polar read, which seems rather superficial?

How do votals work? I still don't get this bot.

I need to reread Plague because ngl there are a few people I haven't been paying as much attention to because idk reading is hard I guess. I'll get to it when it's not 5 in the morning. I'll take that into consideration, though.

Sorry about being kinda flightly and just throwing out small comments everywhere, I'm at least making sure I'm responding to people addressing me and lurking/speaking out about things I feel off about until I have the motivation to start reading individual people

Just before I head off to bed, my scum reads are Plague then King, then everybody else is assorted nulls/towns. I don't really believe throwing out townreads would be beneficial at this moment. My read on Plague is for his tag along nature, and avoidance of contemporary topics. This makes him feel like he's just going with what's currently popular. King seems all over the place, I can't really get a real sense of priorites and the initial "I'm town" rubs me the wrong way.

Despite having an amazing title that makes me really want Treasure Knight to be town (you people have no idea), I unfortunately do not like their replacement's posts (also FTR, them subbing out means nothing; they were not under significant pressure at the time of subbing out). Their first vote on Mole Knight is just them nitpicking at them for not having read Plague's latest post, which is not actually bad (I mean, he does have a point) but at the same time he's just focusing on one thing and ignoring the rest of Mole Knight's play; I believe Treasure Knight can be accused of following popular opinion moreso than Mole Knight. Also his other minor point implies that he's at least read the game, but he has no reads on them? At all? Really? Anyways, his later posts he just well asks a bunch of questions but doesn't seem too actually get any reads off of them. Probably the scummiest thing about the slot, since the earlier waffles and the ignoring most of the game can come from town, but I don't see town actually doing uh what I just said. I'd like other people to state their opinions on Treasure Knight, especially after having read my case, because pretty much noone else actually has an opinion on Treasure Knight despite numerous posts on their end and that is somehow not bothering them (since scum find it easier to ignore their buddies a lot of the time over generating interactions).

Black Knight subbing out isn't alignment relevant. Don't like how Treasure Knight picked at it though, especially since FHPOV he would had known that another town slot had subbed out in a similarly suspicious manner.

Plague Knight is way more likely to be town than the person I'm voting, so everyone voting them is objectively wrong. I am not going to support a lynch on them, and all of the pushes on them have been lame and not convincing in the least.

Black Knight might be scum as well. They made an entire post reading through the game, but their primary scumreads were on me and Propeller Knight (or at least from what I can tell; maybe it's just their style of writing but I had a hard time parsing through what exactly were their scumreads until they elaborated on it in a later post) with very little actually there on Plague Knight. I don't see why they voted Plague Knight over me. Also their content implies a scumread on Propeller that they never actually follow up upon.

Anyways, on the off chance that I'm wrong (which never happens, right guys), I still think they at least misinterpreted a lot of my points. I never mentioned that I myself made a townslip (only that someone else did), I've been pushing the game forwards more than insisting that I'm town (this one is more of a misrep than a misinterpretation, I suppose), and I don't like how they implied that me asking for reads was scummy (what's up with that). Also who did I find scummier than Treasure at that point of the game? I don't see what's wrong with my Polar read being weak; is town not allowed to have weaker reads? The dude had one post in the game that only analyzed up until Page 4, after all. Considering I made a listpost explaining my priorities, it is literally impossible for you to not understand my priorities. Literally impossible. You can argue that the listpost was faked or doesn't gel well with my previous content (which would be false but a more legitimate way to go about it), but it's like right there.

Unofficial Votals

Plague Knight (2) - Specter Knight, Black Knight

Treasure Knight (2) - King Knight, Tinker Knight

Mole Knight (2) - Plague Knight, Treasure Knight

Black Knight (1) - Mole Knight

Propeller Knight (1) - Polar Knight

Polar Knight (1) - Propeller Knight

Not Voting (0): None!

You have XX hours and XX minutes left in the phase. With Y alive, it takes Z to lynch.

IT BEGINS IN DEEP SPACE WARPED BY EVIL POWER.

A domain dominated by hatred and carnage, that is the Champions Empire. There live weird and monstrous creatures, a sight of which horrify you. Your mission is to annihilate them all. Here begins a spectacular battle in suspense and thrill.

@King

I disagree my case is nitpicking (or at least, reject the implications of the word) because I have said why there is scum intent in what Mole did. What content have I not covered that would contradict my read? His other null-reads and defense of his Black read to Plague support my contention he is lacking conviction, and the bit to propeller about not taking ED1 seriously is just more excuses to not put effort in.

What do you think of Mole Knight? If you are townreading them, why?

My questions are helping my reads, but they're giving me townreads on Plague/Propeller so I didn't feel the need to advertise that. Are you saying you can't see town being inquisitive?

If people offer opinions on me, I respond them. If they don't, why is it my duty to force answers out of them?

In regards to subbing out, I know why my slot did and it's not game related. Given the circumstances, it's reasonable to assume Black subbing out is game related.

The best time to read ISOs is after the post.

@king you said Mole wouldn't make so much effort just for three null reads, but I disagree. Effort always looks townie unless the content is blatantly wrong. It's not in this case, just waffly.

Un-Unofficial Votals

Mole Knight (2) - Plague Knight, Treasure Knight

Plague Knight (2) - Specter Knight, Black Knight

Treasure Knight (2) - King Knight, Tinker Knight

Black Knight (1) - Mole Knight

Propeller Knight (1) - Polar Knight

Polar Knight (1) - Propeller Knight

Not Voting (0): None!

You have 36 hours and 34 minutes left in the phase. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Edited by Prims

Don't get me wrong, nitpicking isn't necessarily bad or scummy (you basically have to do it at times); my point is that you've found scum intent in a relatively small portion of his overall content and basically ignored the rest. I don't see how his null reads and his defense lack conviction in context? I thought Mole Knight was town because I could understand their reads and the thought process behind them, even if I don't like their conclusion (and most of their null reads were at the beginning of the game, where it would be rather hard for them to get scumreads). Additionally, I feel like they'll be a very easy read come their next post (if they still have a bunch of null reads by then, well I'll be more inclined to agree with you);

Town can be inquisitive, but your questions came across as scum feigning content *shrugs*. Can you explain how your questions lead to a townread on Plague/Propeller. Oh, my second question was meant for other people to pay attention to you. It's certainly not your fault that no people have stated opinions on you, but it's just weird that that's the case to begin with (especially considering that your slot has been putting out content).

Fair enough regarding your last point. I don't agree with it, but I can get where you're coming from at least.

Also keep in mind that if I were to unvote you, the person I'd be most likely to vote at this point in time is Black Knight...the same dude who has noone else voting them other than Mole Knight. I know it's "BIAS", but I'd be less inclined to take issue with them as a result.

Spectre, do you think Black would be so adversarial and such as mafia? Not a rhetorical question, genuinely curious since I'm not sure myself. It seems like a great way to get everyone to want to get rid of you, and from my experience mafia tend to only act that way after people already are on them, not as a default way. Not to say scum are never dicks, but usually it's in a "I'm better than this I don't care" arrogant sort of way which isn't how I'm reading Black.

I have faked confrontational anger before, just more in-game related than the personal kind of personal confrontation Black has put out. I'm like 90% sure I found out who Black was which really doesn't help because the moodiness could've come from either alignment.

Specter, if Black kept on posting emotion over content, would you conclude he's faking it?

What kind of reply are you looking for here, metal guy?

A tell doesn't work anymore after you post about it because the mafia deliberately avoid it. I fully disclosed the tell as an explanation to King, and announced my intent to continue pursuing Black if they didn't post content so that they would post content. If Black hadn't replaced out and kept posting emotion over content I would've assumed it alignment-irrelevant and that Black Knight had turned into Salt Knight and stopped caring about the game.

What do you think of Black Knight after the sub?

Posting opinions in a second post for spacing.

##Unvote

##Vote: Tinker

I don't like the tunnel on Treasure. It feels reactionary after Treasure the 1st called them out, the main points revolve around RVS issues and the questions feel tacked on for the sake of going against Treasure the 2nd's opinions so it looks like he's pursuing the read.

Does the rest of the game not exist?

Initially disliked Black the 2nd's catch up post due to the way they were reporting and criticising almost everything, but his followups read genuine enough that it doesn't bother me much anymore.

I dislike Plague on gut. I don't have an issue with their content but it's strangely sparse and their activity pattern strikes me as odd. It's like they were constantly around but kept themselves from posting and only posted short snippets far in between.

I don't really know how to explain it better than that.

I wouldn't shove Propeller or King off a cliff, probably not Treasure either.

Tinker Knight's tunneling is bad play, but not really scummy enough to bother me. However, I WOULD like opinions on the rest of the game.

Ugh, you actually bring up a good point about Plague. Now I feel bad for calling people out on their reads of the slot earlier (I'm still right though). ;_;

Can you explain your Treasure town read? What about Black's followups read as genuine to you? I'm uh...not sure why you'd be townreading me if you disagree with my two biggest scumreads.

Town reading somebody has little to do with "being on their side" with regards to their townreads and scumreads. It's about finding out the intent behind their posts, your style is very reiminiscent of my first anon game.and you don't really feel like you're going to stab my undead flesh through my armor at night.

My Treasure read comes mostly from Treasure the 1st's #75, particularly the block of text after the first quote. It's nothing too solid which is why I still want to hear some more stuff from Treasure the 2nd.

Black's followups were fast (check timestamps) and internally consistent. I certainly don't agree with their read on you or pretty much anything else they said except for their Plague questioning and vote, but it feels like they really believe what they're saying and not just blurting out whatever reads for the sake of looking good.

I would agree that Tinker's tunneling is bad play if it were the majority of the content in their last post as opposed to literally all of it. There's no acknowledgement of the existence of the rest of the game though, which makes it much more likely that they're scum who just went "shit, I haven't posted for almost 24h, I have to come up with a vote", made up a vote to push and left it at that.

Do you think you'd just forget to mention anything at all about the rest of the game if you were town and had to catch up with 3+ pages of content? Specially when Treasure was barely a strong presence compared to other players.

On the planet 'SHOVEL KNIGHT', they had the gloriest days for two centuries, since the stardate had established. They sailed all around the galaxy with new type spaceship called "ORDER OF NO QUARTER".

But one day the peace was disturbed by a misterious big fortress. It was living and was destroying all other civilizations.

The federal bureau of galactic government organized the defense force immedeately. But as the CHAMPIONS air fortress had very high potential, the defense force was wiped out in vain.

So the federal bureau has decided to select a specially trained slot, ID $2592, named 'KING KNIGHT', and has developped new type 'SCUMHUNTING' and 'SHITPOSTING'.

Now they depart for the 'CHAMPIONS', with the destiny of 'ORDER OF NO QUARTER'.